All reviews the penthouse portmeirion village free entry underfloor heating gas fire small kitchenette whirlpool bath mini kitchen huge room living flame port merion walk in wardrobe mussels welsh lamb sister hotel lounge area fabulous hotel
Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Breathtaking surroundings it was an amazing stay the staff and food in both the hotel and the Castell was faultless. The Castell is close to the village with a courtesy mini bus that will ferry residents to and from the village. Would we stay again? I'm already looking at dates

Date of stay: June 2013
Reviewed May 31, 2013

First visit to Portmeirion as a big fan of The Prisoner. Couldn't pass up the opportunity to stay in a castle and loved every second of it.

The castle was extremely well kept and clean and the staff were very friendly and helpful. Our room was very bright and welcoming, which was a surprise with the weather being so overcast. A dedicated The Prisoner TV Channel was also a nice touch - loved watching it with my girlfriend after returning from a day in the village. It's a shame that quite a few times we wanted to watch it it was stuck on the DVD menu screen though (which the staff obviously control).

Was also nice to have free access to the village and the swimming pool. Was great fun having a swim in the torrential rain next to the beach.

The village itself is an amazing place. Although not very big we happily walked around it over and over, spotting new things every time. We ate at the hotel and loved the walk back to the Castell in the dark where we seemed to be the only ones in the Village. If you stay, make sure you see it at night when everything is lit up.

Can't wait to return.

Date of stay: May 2013
1  Thank RobandLilou
Reviewed May 29, 2013

This is our second visit to Portmeirion and our stay in the castle. The rooms are very modern and huge, we stayed in room 6 for 1 night and room 5 for 2 nights, really cannot fault the rooms they are everything you could wish for, very clean lovely bathroom and a nice touch is the decanter of sherry. We had a meal one evening in the castle restaurant it was good but a little over priced for what you get. Breakfast is nice, a selection of hams and cheeses would be welcome as there is only some cereal, fruit and croissants on the help yourself section, cooked breakfast is served I always prefer a buffet bar where you can help yourself but what I ordered was good and the staff were very attentive. You do get free admission into Portmeirion village and also if any golfers go you can get a free round of golf at Porthmadog golf course although this isn't published anywhere, we played on the sunday and had a fabulous game on a great golf course, all in all very good value.

Date of stay: May 2013
Reviewed May 18, 2013

We came across this gem while on a trip to north Wales to climb Snowdon. Needless to say it was the little piece of luxury we needed after braving the ice cold, wet conditions of the mountains! The lillies on display at reception were an amazing sight - I suppose I'm biased as they're my favourite flower, but their perfume was truly beautiful - nice touches like this found all over the hotel.
Our room was massive! As previous comments have said, lovely toiletries were provided, fluffy towels, slippers and bathrobes. Bed was comfy as was the sofa. My partner was most pleased with the free decanter of sherry! The whirlpool bath was lovely to soak away all the aches and pains. Everywhere was immaculately clean.
We stayed for two nights at what we thought was a bargain price for what we experienced. Our package included a £25 pp pn tab for an evening meal, breakfast was also included. Both morning and evening meals were superb - I cannot recommend the food enough. Lovely local produce used at breakfast, and the menu for the evening meal had plenty of choice. I understand that the dining room takes external bookings for food as well as accommodating the guests of the hotel; if we lived closer we would definitely go here for a special occasion meal. The barman was friendly and did well with all the cocktail mixing I had him doing! The squashy leather sofas in front of the roaring open fire was the ideal way to relax during the evening.
Really enjoyed our time here. We will definitely be back, this is a proper find.

Date of stay: October 2012
1  Thank DifferentJen
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have stayed in many of the cottages in Portmeirion but this time we opted for Castell Deudraeth. The room was a Grand Double. It overlooked the car park with beautiful view of the snow capped mountains. The room was very large, light and airy with underfloor heating. There was also a coal effect fire if needed. There is no double glazing but working wooden shutters to keep out the chill...delightful. The bed was comfortable with spotless bedlinen. The bath robes and slippers were a nice touch. My favourite L'occitane in the bathroom with huge fluffy towels...luxury! The staff were, as always, extremely helpful. Nothing is too much trouble for them.
I have been a little mean and only given four stars. I dropped a star because I burnt my hand on the teapot. It had a ceramic handle which becomes extremely hot so be careful. Also my husband found the fact that the taps were on the side of the bath but the temperature controls were at the end of the bath difficult to manage.
Having just that small niggle I would highly recommend Castell Deudraeth .
P.S. The food is mouthwatering in the castle.

Date of stay: March 2013