“Not the place for a romantic evening.”
Review of Dylan's

Dylan's
Ranked #7 of 39 Restaurants in Menai Bridge
Price range: US$11 - US$44
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Good for: View
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Reviewed April 4, 2018

It is difficult to park outside but there is parking up the adjoining street (Beaumaris side).
On arrival we were quickly shown to our table upstairs. This is a large room with some large tables, it was noisy and there were a number of families and parties. The table tops had a metalic looking finish and there was a canteen atmosphere. To be fair it was early evening and it would probably much better later with a table overlooking the straits.
The service was prompt and we had garlic bread and mussels to start which was okay and ample for two.
For main my wife has hake which she said was delicious and I had the Menai Straits Pizza which was previously recommended as their specialty. The pizza with the fish topping had a very soggy bottom and it could only be eaten with a knife and fork.
To accompany we had a bottle of the house red but were too full to have a sweet.
Overall I was a little disappointed because it had been so highly recommended by many people and it is advisable to book.

4  Thank Oldtuggo
Write a ReviewReviews (2,658)

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We travelled from Bala to visit this popular Resturant and located right next to the water with great views we fancied Fish and Chips, but to our disappointment were not on the menu, fish finger sandwiches was the nearest we could get.
Please could you add it to your menu so next time we visit we can order it.
Unfortunately, we left without ordering anything, but a great location!

4  Thank Jacqui B
Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

Me and my girlfriend came here on the off chance over the Easter weekend without a booking, hoping we would get a table!

Thankfully we did, what an experience,

Lovely service, well looked after, and very speedy considering it was extremely busy, we opted for the calamari and garlic bread starter, was absolutely delicious,
For the main we decided to both go for the two specials, the duo of pork and the lamb shank, phenomenal, and beautifully presented.

We were both too full for dessert! But we finished our night with a few cocktails, would definitely come again!

1  Thank James-J12345
Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Dylan’s has always been a favourite so a visit is always a must when in the area.

Sadly this most recent visit was a real let down on a number of fronts.
We were allocated a table upstairs right next to the bar. Table itself was fine but we were clearly hidden from the radar of staff. After observing 2 tables which were seated after us approached for orders, I decided to pipe up and raise the issue with the bar man. He was very apologetic and took our orders straight away.

The menu is extensive which has pros and cons. If you can access it online it’s worth taking a look unless you want to spend 20 minuets deciding what to eat.
The table next to use waited 10 minuets for menus to even be handed to them.

There was a bit of a wait for food but once it arrived it was a let down. The fish was well cooked and good portion size but the accompanying items were scaled back compared to last time.
I had the pork special which was tasty albeit at various temperatures, the croquette was steaming hot as it had been in a fryer but the mash was cold. The pork belly portion size was approx 1 inch square and tasted reheated - soggy crackling is always a give away.

When asked if everything was ok I did let the waitress know but declined the offer of a new meal as my friend was half way through hers. Nobody wants to sit and watching someone else eat, plus it makes the other person feel awkward. At £16 a plate one would hope the meal would be prepared appropriately first time around.

As an apology we were offered a complementary dessert but were informed that the dessert off the specials menu was preferable. Good job my friend is a chocoholic!

All in all I left feeling disappointed and wondering whether Dylan’s is now on the decline. I’m unsure if I’ll return.

7  Thank Daffodil2004
Reviewed April 1, 2018

Dinner on good friday, celebrating a family birthday. A super meal, great service and fabulous atmosphere.
Great value and great food. Not been here for a while so lovely to see how solid the service and food are.
Would highly reccomend.