“Excellent experience”
Review of Ocean Pearl

Ocean Pearl
Ranked #18 of 46 Restaurants in Ruthin
Reviewed April 24, 2018

Went some time ago and was not overly impressed. The new chef has obviously made an enormous difference.The restaurant is clean and bright. Staff are very pleasant. Went for a friends birthday at the weekend. Had poppadums and pickles to start. My friend had chicken tikka sagwala vindaloo and rice. She really enjoyed it. I had the tandoori cocktail which is served with a sauce of your choice, I opted for vindaloo, and a naan bread. Again, very good. Will be returning very soon.

Reviewed March 29, 2018

Called in for a meal last night with my husband. Staff so friendly, starters amazing, peshwari naan the best we have tasted light and full of flavour not doughy and heavy like most naans. Excellent service, lovely food good value for money. Delighted to find a restaurant with friendly service and good food at very reasonable prices. . Far exceeded our expectations. More than happy to give this business our money and endorsement.

Reviewed March 26, 2018 via mobile

Were visiting Ruthin and wandering round town looking for somewhere to eat, we came across the Ocean Pearl and drawn by the offer of £9.95 for a meal and a good review from a newspaper in the doorway, we chose to try it and we're very happy with our choice. The decor is clean and bright and the two gentlemen were very welcoming. No draft beer but two large bottles of Cobra. Started with onion bhajis and a mixed kebab which came with a lovely yoghurt dressing. Main courses were chicken tikka madras and chicken samber accompanied by egg fried rice and mushroom rice. Everything tasted really good and perhaps a little spicier than our normal favourite Indian at home. All cost less than £30 and we really enjoyed our meal.

Reviewed March 25, 2018

My wife's and my first visit to Ocean Pearl will not be our last! The restaurant was very quiet so the unobtrusive background authentic Indian music was very welcome. Perhaps Thursdays are normally quiet; we hesitated to go in when we saw only 2 diners but having made the decision to chance it we were not disappointed. The menu is extensive, the choices excellent; the staff will recommend which sides to put with the mains. The service is good and the food very tasty!

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Dined there for the first time last night as my daughter and I were visiting Ruthin.
The service was friendly and helpful and the food plentiful and very tasty.
The chicken in our dishes was especially good, tikka in my case.
The Nan bread was so buttery and soft and exactly how I like it. .. delicious.
Will definitely be back