Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
All reviews stayed for nights good quality ingredients water pressure a real pleasure stunning views nice room four poster annex balcony tina statues conservation chef dust acres
Selected filters
Reviewed September 7, 2020

Desperate for a break but unable to find anywhere to stay by the coast, we discovered this hotel and it had availability that suited. We booked for four nights in August and had the best room in the hotel. It was a nice room, four poster, large window, facing east so that we got morning sun but it was cooler later on. However, the bathroom had not been properly cleaned, which worried me as they had only been re-opened for two or three weeks. I pointed out what needed doing (not going into gory details here!) and I expected a profuse apology that it needed doing at all. I didn't get that which surprised me. I did receive a confirmation that it would be seen to and it was, I hope, but it was a little unnerving in the current circumstances. There was a considerable amount of dust on the bedroom furniture too. There was a large radiator on the landing which could not be turned off and during a heatwave that seemed very odd and not very comfortable.
The food, which was advertised as being 'specially prepared by our chef using local produce where possible' was extremely disappointing. It was pretty boring and unimaginative and I felt the microwave had been in use quite a lot. Most of the dishes or ingredients came from the freezer and even the fruit bowl at breakfast consisted only of apples (unwashed) and bananas. I could see the bag containing the apples from the Co-op on a table behind a screen near the cereal/yoghurt/ fruit selection and so it suggested that the apples had been put out straight from the bag and not washed.
The owners seemed pleasant enough and wore appropriate face shields but it was lacking something and I am still not sure what. The setting is wonderful. Nine acres with beautiful grounds, an award-winning conservation garden and stunning views front and rear but for the money it did not quite live up to expectations which was a shame.

Room tip: We asked for a king size bed and so got the best room.
Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed August 31, 2020

WoW.. Going the extra mile springs to mind. My Family and I (8) in total stayed over for a long bank holiday weekend close by and ventured out looking for somewhere to eat.

Finding this off road rertreat after being turned away from a local establishment (locals only) I ventured inside to be welcomed by a lovely lady by the name of Tina.

After listening to my previous encounter elsewhere, Tina took up the challenge and found a space for us to eat.Initially outside then a family table inside.

Service fantastic / Food fantastic / Surroundings fantastic and just to add what a real pleasure it was for the chef to take time interacting and educating the grand children with regards to the Golden Eagle statues.

I cannot fault the professional attitude and service from Tina and her staff who made my family and I feel truly welcome.

Tina, you are a STAR.. Thank you

Date of stay: August 2020
Reviewed September 29, 2019

Beautiful setting a warm welcome and a step back in time. Staff hard working and friendly. Our room was traditionally furnished which is to be expected in a building of this age. Beds superb very comfortable and clean. Lovely one night stay visiting family in Aberdovey thank you.

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 26, 2019

The location of this hotel is wonderful, set on the fringes of the Snowdonia National Park surrounded by beautiful countryside. Sadly the hotel is looking very sad, decor is dated and there is lots of clutter around, too much unsuitable furniture and trolleys of bed and table linen left in reception and the dining room. A beautiful room with 17th century fireplace should have been a comfortable and cosy lounge but was stuffed with furniture including two stacks of unused dining chairs.
Our main reason for going was to see the beautiful Grandma's Garden so eloquently described on their web site. This 9 acre site dedicated to world peace and harmony between people and religions has been allowed to run rampant, plants and weeds now running riot over the statues and art work which are supposed to be the centre pieces. It was a massive disappointment.
In addition : we arrived at the same time as a group of people attending a Wake and as the main reception dorrs were locked we had no choice but to file in through the bar door amidst this group.
The radiator in our bathroom was red hot(too hot to touch) and the valve for controlling it was broken so our night was very uncomfortable even with windows open. Also there were instructions to adjust the water temperature of the shower before stepping under as the hot water could be very hot, both my husband and I failed to be able to achieve any degree of adjustment so could not use the shower.
At dinner last night I asked the waitress what the cheesecake of the day was, as listed on the menu. She went to the kitchen and the whole dining room heard the chef shout, "There isn't one!" We laughed but the feeling of taking part in an episode of Fawlty Towers grew ever stronger.
I seriously think this place should be calling on the services of the Hotel Inspector, Alex Polizzi, because it is only going to continue to deteriorate and lose custom if it doesn't and that would be a tragedy because it has much to offer if the management were to get a handle on the basics.

Reviewed September 14, 2019 via mobile

Managed to book for 3 nights here.
Warm welcome on arrival. Room clean and well presented with great views over the valley and distant hills.
All the staff were so helpful and nothing was too much trouble.
Breakfast was excellent, well cooked, presented and very filling.
Evening meals reflected the quality of the hotel. Extensive menu with good choices and catering for all dietary needs.
The friendly atmosphere was infectious among the other guests and a great camaraderie ensued.
Stay again? You bet can't wait!

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Travelled as a couple