“Great traditional hotel”

The Radnorshire Arms
Ranked #3 of 13 Presteigne B&B and Inns
Reviewed 13 October 2016 via mobile

Having read some of the most recent reviews I find their comments both misleading and to be honest fanciful. The hotel is a multiple protected building and in so cannot simply throw up contemporary decor. The rooms have been fully refurbished with whirlpool baths in all including the garden lodges. The public areas are currently being refurbished but are being done so in accordance with current legislation for a 16th century building. The gardens are also within a protected area which means they simply cannot chop down trees or bushes without consent, which is currently being applied for.

If your looking for a quite stay in an historical building with great food, service and staff then this is the place for you.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank ty4824

Reviewed 12 September 2016 via mobile

The food is very average and Both of our drinks had to be replaced. It would be a beautiful place to go if it was looked after. The building is now very tired through lack of maintenance. I recently visited with my family, the garden has a play area for children........ Nearly every item is damaged, unsafe and broken!! Not a place to take your children.

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 9 September 2016

We can't fault any of the staff, or how clean our room was...it's just that this hotel is dated, does not look welcoming at all and needs brightening up. The breakfast was very good but inside and out it is shabby.
Time for someone to come in and do a complete makeover.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I had a large booking for 17 and the team there dealt with it professionally from the start, regularly putting up with me bombarding them with silly questions for about two months. Also handling me chopping and changing things at short notice. Deniyal in particular was very helpful.

The rooms were very quirky, it was quite an experience. Dinner was delicious, if a bit muddled. But then I realise we were a difficult group.

I would highly recommend it and will use it again for the rally team if we are in that area in the future!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled on business
4  Thank 563elizabeth
Reviewed 31 August 2016 via mobile

We often go to the Radnor, more than once a week. Usually for drinks in the well kept beer garden which is a sun trap, and in the winter to sit in the oak panelled bar next to the open fire. The beer and particularly the ales are very well kept at a reasonable price. The staff are kind and attentive and will always talk to you if you are drinking alone.

The food is brilliant for the price and the restaurant, which has been freshly decorated, is a nice setting in which to have it.

The rooms are also good value at around £75 for room plus breakfast which includes a selection of continental and cooked options.

A great asset to the town.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Joe H
Reviewed 30 August 2016

Style is vintage mixed with modern...Food is very good...The staff is very helpful and friendly...The garden surrounding the hotel is superb...The city is gorgeous .... everything is beautiful...I can not wait to get back

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank marian c
Reviewed 26 August 2016 via mobile

This hotel was a 2m walk from the Offa's Dyke path (turn off at Dolley Green), but oh my, worth every single step to get to it!
The place is stunning from the outside and equally stunning on the inside.

The staff were all welcoming and courteous.

The menu was nice but I didn't fancy what was on it that night. The chef made me a gorgeous Caesar salad, the best I've had for a while. The next morning, the same chef made a truly superb breakfast. Cooked perfectly and presented beautifully.

The rooms were spacious and decorated really nicely. The bathroom had a shower but also a fab spa bath, which after a day walking was a real treat. A heated towel rail was also great for drying out damp walking gear.

Wifi was available with a fair signal.

I had my latest walking start of my whole 14 day walk when I stayed here. I just did not want to leave! I really wish I had given myself a day off and spent it here, I really loved this place.
Can't wait to find a reason to come back.

Thanks to all the staff for looking after a single female traveller.

Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank Tracey B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Presteigne
8.1 km away
The Castle Inn
#1 of 2 in Wigmore
5.1 km away
The Old Vicarage Bed & Breakfast

Been to The Radnorshire Arms? Share your experiences!