Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
US$49
View deal
Hotels.comUS$49
Expedia.comUS$49
PricelineUS$49
eDreamsUS$49
TravelocityUS$49
CheapTicketsUS$49
All reviews barry island train station limited parking christmas party excellent value for money cardiff chloe hairdryer venue
Selected filters
Reviewed September 15, 2020

The room was cheap but very, very basic. Didn't have the basics that you would expect, shampoos or soaps ( considering the situation!) one pillow each, a duvet which was too small and not even a second glass ..
Really good location, staff were friendly and sea views.

Reviewed September 9, 2020

Room not as advertised. Booked sea view. Was in basement room with view of concrete yard with overgrown weeds and industrial fans/generator. Stank of must/damp and stains all over carpet. Staff made excuses for everything blaming booking.com. Promised to contact me twice and didn’t

Date of stay: September 2020
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Gaz06
Reviewed September 7, 2020 via mobile

We stayed here for two nights in September 2020. 4 friends, 2 double rooms; we played lucky dip on who took what room and left it as a surprise when we opened the doors. Our room was spacious and airy whilst our friends room was so tiny and very claustrophobic. The room was somewhat clean however in the middle of the night the top corner of the bottom sheet came loose and revealed a suspicious blood like stain on the mattress there was also a spider in our shower the whole trip as we was to scared to catch him. Decent size tv, kettle, coffee, tea, sugar, biscuits, towels and shower gel are provided. We paid £7ish for the breakfast which wasn’t good at all. The lady on reception said it was a continental breakfast with a ‘help yourself’ buffet. The continental part was some waffles and pastries, whilst the buffet was lukewarm soggy stuff. The coffee was like everyday value to. Least we knew the next morning to not bother getting breakfast even tho it was only £7. The walk to Barry Island is just over a 15 minute walk and it’s a decent afternoon out, however that’s all there really is to do in Barry. The walk to Barry train station was less than 10 minutes down the hill and the train to Cardiff was 20 minutes and £5:50 return. Overall for the price of £55 each for two nights wasn’t to bad, just fine details need fixing.

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed September 5, 2020

Booked 2 rooms here costing £130 approx Felt let down by the hotel and staff, poor hospitality
With no care or effort made to guests
Breakfast again poor, bad tasting coffee from a polystyrene cup, and over done food.
Dirty and dated building the list goes on.
A drunken fight broke out at 1 in the morning waking us up and the police called and wasn’t dealt with till gone 2 ! I understand it’s not the hotels fault but no apology or remorse was offered when we complained
Wouldn’t stay there again especially when I could stay in a premier inn cheaper and have a nice meal !!

Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2020

The staff at the hotel were lovely and friendly but the accommodation itself was grotty and worn in places. The walls are scuffed and the windows and doors are in terrible condition. My bed was tiny and shoved up against a wall with no bedside tables as pictured in fact the room itself was nothing like the ones advertised at the time of booking. There was also makeup stains on one of the pillowcases so I was unsure if the whole bed was changed prior to my stay. The bath filled up to calf level whilst I was showering as it had very bad drainage. The toilet was not the cleanest either and I had to wipe down the room myself with antibacterial wipes I had brought along. I was only passing through for 1 night to split a 6-hour car journey so I was glad that I did not book it for a trip away with my partner. The photos on the website did not match up to the ones advertised on the site so I was very disappointed. Besides the friendly staff, the only plus was how cheap the room was.

Room tip: Don't book this hotel at all if you are looking for a "good room"
Date of stay: August 2020