“Not Bad!!”
Review of The Master Fryer

The Master Fryer
Ranked #22 of 129 Restaurants in Barry
Reviewed July 16, 2017 via mobile

First time we used this fish and chip shop in Barry. It's s fair way from our house it We read excellent reviews and thought we would give it a try. Busy while we were there waiting for our fish to be cooked, it is cooked to order. Hubby had large Haddock I had small cod, both very generous sizes. Hubby really pleased with his and he thought chips were excellent. My fish batter was a little soggy inside but aside from that edible, I found the chips tasty but could have been a little more golden they were a little white for my taste but they were new potatoes. Menu was in full view with excellent choices and very reasonably priced especially for kids meals. Staff were very efficient and friendly and gave plenty of salt and vinegar. Food was piping hot when we got home. We will return again.

Date of visit: July 2017

Reviewed April 9, 2017 via mobile

This chip shop has recently been taken over by new management I came here on Saturday and had £3 fish and chips it was a bargain and there was plenty the fish was cooked perfectly and the chips where lovely! I also tried the Irish curry and that was lovely to! I would definitely rate them the best chippy in Barry! it was all yummy!!

Date of visit: April 2017
3  Thank Adele B
Reviewed April 1, 2017

New management has taken over - sadly. Recently bought some fish & chips (large portions). It was nowhere as good as the 'old management'. Fish portions have been halved, used to be beautiful big portions (especially when you are spending £10.00 or more for 2 people) in a really nice batter, with a very generous amount of chips. We were very very disappointed, fish was so much smaller (half) batter not crispy and nice as it used to be, and very little chips for the money we paid. We used to love going there, sadly we have to find another F+S shop if they don't buck up and do better. Bring back the old management please, or perhaps they can advise & show the new ones what to do. Very disappointed.

Date of visit: February 2017
5  Thank marie p
Reviewed January 22, 2017 via mobile

Greasy.
I thought I'd try a bag of chips and some cod as I was passing through one lunchtime, I wish I never!
The smell of oil outside should have been a tell tale sign!
Chips were cold, and cod was greasy.
I won't rush back in a hurry!

Date of visit: November 2016
3  Thank Global657365
Reviewed September 23, 2016 via mobile

This place has to be THE best choppy on the Vale, and not just your ordinary choppy either. Chicken Goujons to die for! Friendly staff who can't do enough for you.

Date of visit: September 2016