“Very good three course Sunday lunch”
Review of Blue Anchor Inn

Blue Anchor Inn
Ranked #8 of 129 Restaurants in Barry
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Blue Anchor Inn was one of the first pubs in South Wales to produce quality bar meals back in the 1980's. Since then we have gone from strength to strength, winning awards including the South Wales Food Pub of the year for four years,2013, 2011, 2008 and 2006. We are Egon Ronay recommended and are included in the Michelin Eating out in Pubs guide since 2007(the only South Wales entry in the guide), as well as the AA Pub Guide 2013, where we appear as Pick of the Pubs for the Vale of Glamorgan.As well as food who could forget real ales! we have always been a forerunner in the promotion of real ale in South Wales. We were the first winner of the CAMRA pub of the year award back in 1983 and we have maintained our position to the present day by being included in the current 2013 CAMRA Guide.
Reviewed August 14, 2018

Travelling from Monmouth to Llantwit Major, we had booked a table for Sunday lunch before descending upon family for the rest of the day. I was glad to have booked as the restaurant was pretty much full. They only offer a three course Sunday lunch, so I felt obliged to work my way through all three courses!! I didn't need to eat again for the rest of the day: all three courses were of very good quality - their roast potatoes was worth the visit alone! At around £18 for three courses, it was value for money too. I would highly recommend the Blue Anchor Inn for a Sunday lunch.

Reviewed August 14, 2018 via mobile

I made a reservation at this pub for my husband and myself having read the excellent reviews. Upon arrival we were directed to our table. The pub was relatively busy with staff working behind the bar, taking food orders and serving meals. However we sat at our table for 15 minutes without being acknowledged and offered a drink or a menu. We then located menus stacked on the bar and viewed the same, quickly coming to a decision on our order. Staff continued to pass our table serving other customers for another 15 minutes and therefore as we had now been ignored for some 30 minutes we left. Will not return - no way to treat patrons!!

Reviewed August 13, 2018

My lager was served in beer glass, when challenged for proper glass bar staff were in different. We were talking to another customer and barmaid with dark hair and glasses
walked straight thru us talking without saying any thing.

1  Thank ted87
Reviewed August 10, 2018

I am a regular visitor to the Blue Anchor, because it has so much charm and character that you can't help to want to keep coming back. I took my parents there recently for Sunday Lunch, and I am not exaggerating when I say it's the best Sunday lunch I have ever had in any restaurant.....anywhere! To start, it's an absolute bargain!!! The portions are generous, without being overwhelming, and the quality of the food and the taste was just faultless. Both my parents thought exactly the same as me too.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed August 6, 2018

Good atmosphere; great guest ales to supplement house favourites; ‘London prices ‘ compared with other local hostelries. Food OK but not the value for money experienced at other nearby pubs.

Date of visit: March 2018