“Found our new local”

Ranked #11 of 50 Restaurants in Pontyclun
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed January 21, 2018 via mobile

My partner and I visited here as we are new to the area and it's our closest pub. The place has a lovely feel to it and it wasn't busy. The server was very polite. I ordered the fish and chips and my partner had the mixed grill. Took a while for the food to arrive (it appears from the other reviews there is only only one chef). However it was well worth the wait. The fish was cooked to perfection and the sausages on the mixed grill were lovely quality. The lunch time menu is really good value at £6.50 for a meal or £8 for a main and a dessert. We will definitely be back.

Date of visit: January 2018
3  Thank NJ R

Reviewed November 10, 2017

My wife and I decided to call in for an early evening meal, we ordered our drinks and taken in to the dining area which was quite pleasant but we found it was not very warm as no radiators were turned on .
we ordered our meals but had to wait around 40 minutes before being served which I found unusual as we were the only customers in the restaurant, I ordered fish and chips with mushy peas ,the fish was ok but the chips were not that warm and the peas were purified and were quite tasteless, my wife ordered gammon which was tasty but here garden peas were Luke warn and they forgot to cook the egg which came on another plate halfway through our meal , however the waiter was apologetic and helpful and the meals were reasonable priced..

Date of visit: November 2017
Reviewed November 6, 2017 via mobile

We started the with an afternoon tea party which was lovely. The room was tucked away towards the back of the pub and it was well set up. There was a good choice of sandwiches and cakes and the scones were delicious. I didn’t have tea but there were plenty of large pots to go around.
In the evening we returned and ordered 6 tapas plates.
Each was delicious and very good value for money- £20 for us both! There was more than enough to share.
My only comment would be the tomato sauce on the dishes. There was no problem with the taste but the same sauce was served on the bruschetta, patatas bravas and the meatballs.
The staff worked very hard all day and were a credit to the place which was very busy.
A lovely place where we will revisit soon.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank susaq12
Reviewed November 2, 2017

We had Sunday lunch at The Bryncea Arms and would like to thank the staff for their excellent service and delicious food .
We also had our grand daughters christening party at The Bryncea Arms last May and can not thank them enough for making it a very special day , the buffet was amazing and we all had a wonderful time.

Date of visit: October 2017
1  Thank Kath M
Reviewed November 1, 2017 via mobile

Popped in to watch the football saw customer eating burgers witch looked appealing couldn't believe the offer £7.50 for a pint of carling burger and chips excellent food excellent price and what a lovely friendly staff once again they didn't disappoint amazing

Date of visit: September 2017