All reviews yogurt boutique hotel organic food in town san pancho beautiful hotel intimate setting enjoyed my stay restaurant staff beach umbrellas big family rooms are spacious the air conditioning interesting people highly recommend this place filtered water soap
Reviewed September 27, 2017 via mobile

We look forward to returning to the quiet beach town of San Pancho, and staying at Cielo Rojo. Evening skies were beautifully colored and filled with cumulus clouds at sunset in the late evenings of July (beach water was warm and inviting, too). Closing the day by both travelers and locals was like a daily ritual to walk to and from the beach.
Hotel Cielo Rojo treats their clientele with much TLC! Organic breakfasts were delicious in their compact patio space but well decorated with lush plants and color. The room that we stayed had a comfy bed, spacious shower and additional living space for hanging out.
Go to San Pancho and stay at Cielo Rojo not as a tourist that seeks entertainment, but one who seeks to appreciate one of the few remaining beach towns that are not overrun by excessive attractions and glam.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed September 20, 2017

Hotel Cielo Rojo is a treasure of a boutique hotel run by the same owners of a wine shop in Sayulita, which is where we found out about it (also highly recommended). The hotel oozes charm, full of great design touches, personal details and antique decoration. The owners apparently collect little details wherever they visit across Mexico to accessorise the hotel, and it feels like a walk through their travel diaries. Ignore any negative reviews - yes the rooms are quite small, there is only a small hanging space and no fridge, but they are full of character, have comfortable beds, good AC and are quiet. We found all of the staff to be utterly charming and very helpful, including going out to get vinegar when I had sea urchin spines in my foot! They also have an excellent organic restaurant (unfortunately not open for dinner in the off season when we were there, but all the breakfast dishes were great), and a well curated bar.

This is the kind of authentic, local and individual experience that larger hotels cannot recreate, so if that’s what you are looking for, Hotel Cielo Rojo is highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 16, 2017

The bed is wonderful! a two-three blocks bed from the sea, the menu can't be better (loved the sandwich Toscano) and the book that was in my room was Walt Whitman's collected poems! So my experience at Hotel Cielo Rojo was memorable.

Room Tip: The third floor rooms are very nice
Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Great hotel to relax due to no TVs in the rooms so you can disconnect from the normal life and gateway from the city. It's very near from the beach and restaurants. The decor in the rooms are really mexican nice,elegant! Service was great as well.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed August 4, 2017

I have stayed at the Hotel Cielo Rojo numerous times. According to the hotel owner, 70% of their guest are return visitors. When you walk into the Hotel Cielo Rojo, you instantly become a part of an intimate setting and a friendly grouping. You can meet some of the most interesting people in the world here due to the reputation of the hotel and staff. Because it was off season, there were a few items that I felt were a little over the top.. They charged me $10 for two small bottles of water and although I stayed there four days, never replaced the water bottle in my room. Also the air conditioning was "iffy" in both the rooms that I rented. The hotel staff is very friendly, but seemed to lack any sense of professionalism, which apparently didn't really matter to the owner. Overall, Hotel Cielo Rojo is one of my favorite places in Mexico to stay and I've stayed in many resorts since I began going there 50 years ago. I strongly encourage you to visit this hotel and San Pancho....just not when I am there. LOL>

Room Tip: Any of the rooms, but I like the ones facing the street.
Stayed: August 2017, travelled with family