All reviews high rise unit beach miami partying
Reviewed October 28, 2017 via mobile

The hotel is not bad - if it was a hotel. You need to take the towels to one booth to have fresh ones and take yourself your trash to the bin. Don’t expect to have your room cleaned. Clean it yourself.

I could afford that, no problem. The worst part was to receive a paper notice in the door that I was obligated to move to another room in the next 24 hours. Me, my wife and a 17 months sick baby.

We packed all our stuff, cleaned the room, washed the dishes. Someone showed up my door saying that I should leave immediately and take all my stuff to a storage, including all home made food of my baby.

After some small discussion with the front desk, they allowed me to stay in the same room (!!!!!). So they ruined my and my family humor, made us to lose more than 4 hours to nothing. Treated us like clowns.

The person of the front desk was polite and did his best to solve the situation. But the damage was done.

Two hours passed since the confusion, and I am having to take my trash out because nobody appeared. Sanction?

For the same price or a little more, you can find better options. So please consider my experience.

If you google the name of the hotel, people are saying that part of the hotel has been sold. Maybe is a clue of why this such bad service.

Definitely will not stay here again, and will advice to all my friends.

Date of stay: October 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Rodrigo S
Reviewed August 18, 2017 via mobile

The hotel room is clean, a bit old instalations, but everything is working fine.
You have to go early to the beach to reserve an unmbrella.
Everything rlse is just fine. The people are very nice and help you.

Date of stay: August 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2017

We have been to the Golden Strand a number of times over the years. The property has been sold and a new high rise will be going up in its place.

The Golden Strand was a little low rise oasis. The operative word is "was".

Now, i believe because they are a lame duck property maintenance is lagging.Screens are torn, metal is rusting, lights don't work, staff is RUDE.

I have travelled a lot, muck of it in the tropics. I can honesltly say I have never encountered as many cockrioaches in my unit ever.

After three days they did have someone come in and spray but that onlky meant the the cockroaches we found after the spraying were now on their backs in the throws of dying.

The satff rsponse of course was that were are from Canada so we don't have this problem back home, it is normal for Floriday. Sorry, I know roaches are a fact of life in the tropics but well run properties have strategies to keep them at bay. The Golden Strand does not.

Too bad to see an elegant old dame of the beaches fall on such hard times.

Room tip: The satff say the roaches come in off the beach so maybe being on a higher floor will help
Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank PeterHOttawaCanada
Reviewed May 18, 2017 via mobile

Nice and big apartments, good beds(little hard), all kitchen machines in good quality. Very good beach. Only minus was the pool guy, no service at all. He was only interested of tip. Restaurant with Italian style. Big pool, perfect for our kids. Near city.

Date of stay: February 2017
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed April 20, 2017

I have had my unit since 1980's. I watched my kids grow up in photos taken here. The beach is the best and I also enjoyed the pool, and other great things they offer. You can hop on a bus in front of the hotel and go to Miami, The Keys or anywhere in the south part of Florida. The airport is also close by. There are many places to go shopping, most within walking distance. I head back for the last time this July 1st to July 8th.

Room tip: Asks for a unit facing the beach,
Date of stay: July 2016