Days Hotel by Wyndham Thunderbird Beach Resort
  • Breakfast included
US$118
US$98
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$115/night.

Sole on the Ocean(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
US$163
US$127
US$132
US$107
  • Pool
Marenas Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)(Great Value!)
US$229
US$135
  • Beachfront
Trump International Beach Resort(Sunny Isles Beach)
US$223
US$208
  • Beachfront
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach(Sunny Isles Beach)
US$550
US$500
Hotels.com
Travelocity
Best Holiday Suites(Sunny Isles Beach)
Travelocity
Intracoastal Yacht Club(Sunny Isles Beach)
TripAdvisor
1,206 results
All reviewsaventura malltwo double bedsan older hotelbeach barpublix supermarket
Reviewed March 12, 2017

The worst motel that I ever stayed in. The bottom of the bathtub was cracked and it felt like we could fall through the floor at any time. The electrical outlet in the bathroom was loose in the wall.

The wind howled through or around the door to the balcony. Between the wind noise and the noise of the A/C, it was almost impossible to sleep. The room was supposed to have twin queen beds but had 2 doubles. The bath towels felt like sand paper.

When we arrived, we found out that the parking was paid, You could park across a very busy 4 lane street for $12.00 or have valet parking for $14.00. We were not informed of this when we made our reservations.

The whole building felt like a through back from the 1950s that has had no upgrades in the last 10 plus years

Room Tip: Don't stay here!!!!!
  • Stayed: March 2017, travelled on business
2  Thank Michael S
Reviewed March 8, 2017

good for the price, very friendly staff, good location stores restaurants and groceries within walking distance, 2 bars and the restaurant is open all day. Dinner shows nightly in separate restaurant with very good performers Parking across the street or valet for $2 extra.

Stayed: February 2017
1  Thank wbono29
Reviewed March 6, 2017 via mobile

2/10/17

This review will have two parts because as I write this review I'm sitting in the lobby of the hotel. I'm comfortable enough but extremely tired after a 5 am, 3 hr flight. Why, might you ask am I sitting in the lobby? Well, it's because even though I called yesterday to request an early check in, and was told "yes" I could. I get here at 10 am and am told in no uncertain terms that NO I could not. That check-in is at 3 pm. But they'd be happy to accommodate us for an additional $50. Yeah... um we were already paying $175 for a hotel that should be charging about $50 less... No, we'll wait. And clearly are not alone as there are several clusters of people sitting through the lobby waiting as well.

The woman at the front desk, while not rude, wasn't friendly either. She didn't smile and say "welcome" nor did she make us feel welcome. She instead made us feel like we were inconveniencing her by asking. She didn't pro-offer use of the hotel's services like pool, restaurants and beach access, I had to ask. It's like they're so concerned with making money from Day Rooms to make sure their customers who booked directly with them are happy and therefore will give a nice review. Anyway, we changed in the bathrooms, stowed our luggage with a guy who's job it is to do so, as well, it seems, act as bell-hop. They're trying to be a hotel of some class. So far they're doing well with the property itself. The staff however could use some training. Hospitality and word of mouth is what keeps any business going.

We ate brunch at the restaurant inside the hotel which kind of reminds you of "Mel's Diner" (yes I'm showing my age). Food was good enough, not too many ways to mess up breakfast. The waiter, Mr. Jerry, was as friendly as the receptionist was not. He joked with my husband and made sure our cups were full. He even made us a to-go snack box and drinks as he knew we had a 3 hour wait ahead of us. Too cold to really lay on the beach, which is beautiful, we came inside and here we sit. The pool is heated, they have palm trees everywhere around the patio/pool area and literally direct access to the beach. That makes it worth the money I suppose.

Overall the lobby, restaurant and outside areas are very comfortable. I feel at home enough to walk around in my swimsuit. I have no idea what the room will be like, but I'm crossing my fingers for a clean bed and nice balcony view. I'll let you know in 3 hours!

Edit: 3/6/17

So, shortly after I wrote the above review I remembered that Days Inn is under the Wyndham umbrella, for which I am a platinum member and thus entitled to early check-in, among other things. So I went to the front desk - same lady - and told her this wonderful news. To her credit she didn't even need to verify and said "I was just going to call you up" as they now had a clean room. This was about 12:15, so I was pleased. She was going to put us into room 202 (I had seen poor reviews for that room) so I asked for a room that had "no carpet" and was given 338. People complain about not having carpet but those are the remodeled rooms. They don't have kitchenettes, but there was a microwave and small fridge. And I didn't see as much as a fly and we kept the balcony door open all day. So, when we first opened the door our room was bright and sunny and clean (my main concern with any hotel). All rooms have a balcony and ours overlooked the pool and the ocean! We had two double beds even though we asked for a king, but oh well.
There were plenty of towels, the bathroom was clean.

After checking out the room and resting a bit, we went down to check out the beach. I love the direct access! There's an attendant who will write your room number down, give you towels and lounge chairs. However you have to drag them out to the beach yourself.

We were saving money and didn't want to go back to the attached restaurant, so we walked down a block and went to Burger King. As we were leaving we looked in at the bar downstairs in the courtyard as they were clearly having a party. The locals and snow birds were friendly and invited us to hang with them, which we did after dinner.

The party continued until about 10 pm so music blasts until then. It didn't bother us at all, but if you're looking for peace and quiet, go somewhere else. There is definitely a Miami Beach, party atmosphere there. Check-out the next morning was painless and we didn't encounter any surprise charges. We really liked it there and will return the next time we cruise out of Miami.

Stayed: February 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Stacey N
Reviewed March 5, 2017 via mobile

The worst hotels I have ever stayed in. Everyone is so disrespectful. Impossible to get towels. The door to patio didn't shut. The continental bfast is only bread and cereal. Our room is looking out to construction so it's so loud. Waited 2 hours for 3 sandwiches. Hot tub is dirty and cold. Low water pressure. And we complained over and over and no one seemed to care..

Stayed: March 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed February 22, 2017

I booked my trip on Expedia, when we arrived they didn't have my reservation, I showed them a copy, and then asked, well do you have a room available, they told me yes and the rates were better than what I reserved. However they insisted that I pay the higher price, and told me I would be charged twice. So I just paid deciding I would speak to the manager in the morning. Well after explaining my issue to the clerk and the desk and I swear having her roll her eyes to me the manager was rude and would bother to listen to me.

Now the hotel also doesn't have enough towels, in the morning they collect dirty ones, then have to wash before you get them back, they come in quickly to "clean" the rooms, however, all they do is make the beds, and drop off shampoo and soaps, there is no vacuuming, cleaning of bathrooms, coffee pot nothing. by my 3rd day I was so annoyed I called to ask when they would come. waited over an hour before I called again, the maid came to my door asking me What my problem was, I had to point everything out to her, Now I'm not sure whose policy that is to not clean and spruce up the rooms every day. but I had sand on the floor, and I just got tired of doing there jobs

Now my last night I called for a wakeup call, well I'm still waiting, when I checked out and told them the response I received was, well you didn't tell me!!

All in all they don't care, maybe they know hotel won't be there to much longer since they're just building all around the place. But its really sad, nice location, small place, could be very pleasant if you were treated like a guest instead of an uninvited house guest!!

Room Tip: I had a room that was on first floor, and I could go in and out through back door with key
  • Stayed: February 2017, travelled with family