“Nice place, but unorganized hotel”

Marenas Beach Resort
Ranked #2 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Blumenau, SC
“Nice place, but unorganized hotel”
Reviewed 27 March 2012

I've been there last week. The doormen and the concierge are very nice and kind, but people at the frontdesk..... Forget them. They are desorganized and not so nice. I wouldn't stay there again, althoug the location is wonderful

• Stayed March 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Palm Bay
Reviewed 26 March 2012

I'll start at the beginning. Got to resort around lunch time but couldnt check in till 4 PM. No problem, we left our luggage and put on our bathing suits and went out to the wonderful beach with free chair and towels. There was no food/drink service on the beach, so went inside to order. The food was good, nothing memorable. We went in at 4 to check in but still had to wait almost 45 minutes to check in. I think they need more housecleaning staff at least on the weekends when the hotel is full. We had a classic room which is super small, but the bathroom is large and it was adequate for our needs. The view was to die for. On our balcony we looked left out to the ocean and right to see the intercoastal. Just spectacular. I just wish we had a couple of chairs to sit in so we could enjoy the view. After showering and napping we went downstairs for before dinner drinks. We were the only ones at the bar, but that was fine. The bartender was helpful without being annoying.
The bed was very comfortable. It was also very quiet. I didnt hear anyone at all.
The next morning we enjoyed the breakfast buffet. While again, it was nothing wonderful, it was adequate and filling. The waitress was very friendly. The only think I would have liked was maybe a whole pot of coffee on the table. The cups were super small and I like alot of coffee in the mornings.
All in all, I had a really nice time and I would stay there again.

Room Tip: The classic room is so small, it reminded me of European hotels. YOu may want to upgrade to a suite.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 23 March 2012

My husband and I were hesitant about booking our 5 night vacation at the Marenas Resort, especially since we were bringing my in-laws to visit Miami for the first time. Wow, were we surprised by the beautiful view and the wonderful accommodations at this resort. Okay, lets be honest, its not a luxury resort, but we didn't pay luxury resort fees either. There is free Wifi, free chairs on the beach which most hotels DON'T offer. The one restaurant, Caracol, is reasonably priced, however the food wasn't memorable. Anyway, we got a 2 bedroom oceanfront suite, which was clean, convenient and had the amazing views of the ocean. Well, one of the bedrooms wasn't quite oceanfront, but at least we weren't awakened by the beautiful, yet harsh sunlight. The location was great, and lots of the stores and supermarkets nearby to stock the fridge in the room in case you have kids or elderly people staying. All in all, we got a lot for what we spent, and would consider returning. Oh and by the way, we booked through AAA, which is probably why we got such a good deal.

Room Tip: If planning on using the kitchen, make sure to tell the reservation person when booking or front des...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
Tallahassee Fl
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I came in to a business meeting (being held at another property) and I was looking for an alternative that had the comforts of home...I found it! I loved having a full kitchen, a washer and dryer and my own balcony. Everything about the unit was first rate and whether I needed room service, laundry soap, or a package available to be picked up at 6am the staff were there for every need. I think this is an excellent place to stay for the value and I will stay here for every meeting I have in the Hollywood/Miami vicinity. I was very pleased with all aspects of my stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Schwenksville, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 March 2012

The staff was nice; however there is no communication as to the amneties available. We weren't aware of the spa and hot tub until we did our own investigation on the day we were leaving! Never told that there would be a $25/day charge for valet parking - which is forced on you - there is no self parking. There is mold growing on the sprinkler system and above door frames. Dust is an inch thick; what looked like blood stains on the bathroom door and hair in the tub (almost forgot - a broken toilet seat too!). The buffet breakfast was cold; even the hot water for tea. The tv is old fashioned (mid-90's) and the carpet is old and stained. The bed was good! The view of the beach was nice and the chairs and towel service on the beach was excellent. I would try a different hotel next time I'm in Miami.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from elevators and hvac room!
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 14 March 2012

This was our second visit to the Marenas and it was just as wonderful as we remembered it. The units are spacious, bright and clean. We had a full kitchen and washer and dryer. Very convenient location on the beach (with great beach chair service!), and in walking distance to a grocery store, pharmacy and restaurants. The hotel breakfast was very nice, and the buffet included fresh fruit, yogurt, cereal, bread and danishes. All the staff were helpful and efficient. A special thanks to some of the amazing staff for making our stay extra comfortable and pleasant - Aziz (breakfast), Ana and her wonderful front desk staff.
We cannot wait for our next visit to this amazing hotel!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank Sari O
Moncton, Canada
Reviewed 12 March 2012

We went to Las Marenas a month ago. We were so lucky, and we had an upgrade to the suite! It's really worth it! The normal bedroom is quite small. In the suite, you have a living room, washer and dryer, full kitchen (a fridge is a plus, the grocery store is 5 min walk, very useful since it's not an all inclusive and the breakfast are pricey).

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Sunny Isles Beach
1.4 km away
Sole on the Ocean
Sole on the Ocean
#3 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
0.2 km away
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach Resort
Days Hotel - Thunderbird Beach R...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
Trump International Beach Resort
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
0.9 km away
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Be...
#1 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Marenas Beach Resort? Share your experiences!