2,379 results
All reviewssunny islesocean viewjunior suiteacross the streetpool areakids clubaventura mallwasher and dryerturn down servicevalet parkingper daychairs and umbrellasbal harbourpool staffan umbrellafamily vacationfull kitchen
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I was visiting for a wedding and chose the Trump for its location. It was a pleasant hotel for the purposes but I'm not sure I'd go just for a vacation. The pool was crowded and I was unable to find a place to sit. More chairs are needed!

A few other things that were just okay:
The closet door was broken.
Apparently there is a free shuttle to South Beach, but I had no idea.
Even after I commented to the concierge that I had no idea of the amenities or a room service menu, none was provided.
No one enforced the no smoking policy at the pool in the evening.

That said, my room was clean and spacious. It was extremely comfortable. The bar in the lobby had both excellent drinks and excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed August 22, 2012

This was a surprise getaway for my wife and I. The Trump name is synonymous with excellence and the Trump international hotel did not disappoint. The hotel itself is very attractive and clean. The moment you walk in you are met with polite and helpful staff. The beach and the water were beautiful and not only did the hotel have different kinds of pools, but they were open 24 hrs a day! Other people have complained about the resort fee but beach chairs, umbrellas, are included in the fee. At other hotels, those items would cost extra and at a higher fee. Lunch at the pool was very good and again, the staff was great. All in all it was an excellent trip, a little expensive but not over the top. We would come back again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed August 20, 2012

My family and I stayed after a cruise to the Bahamas, just for a night. It was more relaxing and beautiful than the cruise. Everyone in my family had wished we had stayed at the hotel for the week and not gone on the cruise. It is amazing at this resort. The resort is exceptionally clean..everywhere! We ended up in a suite over looking the ocean and pool grounds even though we only booked a double bed room. I am a hard person to get to relax, even on vacation but I fell asleep on the beach. The staff are incredible. Friendly and so efficent. The staff on the beach run around to get you what you need. If you call room service they are at your door with in seconds. The staff on the grounds are so happy and can not do enough for you....you are treated so well here. The location is also great...you have Denny's, McDonalds and other resturants across the street and CVS, Wallgreens and a supermarket. You have access to the pool/beach all night as well. I know some of the reviews mentioned the prices to be high in the resturant at the hotel but the sandwiches for lunch ran about 12 dollars...I did not think that was too high considering other restuarants around there were higher. The only thing I would recommend is to print your receipt from the computer after booking. We booked on line thru Trump and paid everything in full. We received a bill for the resort fee again upon leaving and my husband tried to explain we already paid this but only when he showed them the breakdown on the receipt did they remove the charge. I had read in the comments from others to print your receipt due to this and believe me it helped. Even though we checked out they allowed us to stay on the grounds for the day and store our luggage and use all facilities. The shuttle was great and brought us to South Beach which was a nice area to walk around and shop and eat. Just beware of some of the eating spots...we had a terrible lunch at one. I am not the type to go back to the same place twice to visit on vacation because I always want to experience something new but we have talked about taking vacation next year and staying at the Trump. If not I will research to see where the other Trump hotels are to stay there. The money is worth every penny!

Room Tip: The ocean view is worth it and the suites are like staying at home. The washer was great to clean your bathing suits and beach items. We had a corner suite and the glass windows on both sides were huge and view was amazing....large rooms!
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank KAREN H
Reviewed August 18, 2012

We loved our stay here! Arranged for limo pick up with hotel before arrival and pleased to say that after a day of traveling this was a great beginning. The check in and staff assistance with bags was above and beyond we were made to feel special. This continued right through our six night stay from the pool staff, to the spa and restaurants plus the wonderful Manuel at front of house! Oh and the housekeeping too really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maxineMoutoa
Reviewed August 18, 2012

I was going to write this really long review, breaking it down to all the individual aspects of the hotel (service, amenities, pool, room etc), but then I realized, who wants to read all that stuff anyway, so here is my review in the most concise form: great looking property and great service. You will have a good time here as long as you don't mind spending at least an extra $50 DAILY on top of the room rate ($30 for parking, $20-some for the resort fee). If that does not bother you I would highly recommend this place. For those too cheap to spend that kind of extra cash, keep looking...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple