“Hurricane Isaac - No problem!”

Trump International Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed 26 August 2012

My partner and I checked in on Sunday, 8/26- for 4 nights. The first 2 days we expect storm like conditions due to the Hurricane threatening South Florida. We hear the final 2 days of our stay we'll be likely to get some sun and little rain. So far, so good! Came in on a much earlier flight from LGA to MIA than we arranged for, due to major cancellations. So, having arrived at Trump Miami at 10am as opposed to 4pm - you'd think we'd be stranded w/o lodging for sometime, but that wasn't the case. They had a room ready for us when we arrived, with no problem. The hotel staff offered a 25% discount to the Spa, and Complimentary coffee/sodas/sweets in the Fusion Lounge bet. 11am-6pm. We don't have access to the Pools/Beach til Tuesday but we are just grateful to be here. We feel safe on this property, ate a delicious buffet breakfast at Neomi's (on-site restaurant), and have been enjoying the room/pins coladas thus far! Affordable dining options just across the street, and a Liquor store! Tomorrow we'll get pedicures across the street. Trump Miami is a great/clean establishment. Come only if you have a bit of money to spare, and are willing to make the best of it. I've read horrible reviews, and honestly, I feel like miserable people say miserable things. That is all! -M. Dupiton

• Stayed: August 2012
3  Thank MostEliteLady
Write a ReviewReviews (2,276)

Reviewed 24 August 2012 via mobile

I was visiting for a wedding and chose the Trump for its location. It was a pleasant hotel for the purposes but I'm not sure I'd go just for a vacation. The pool was crowded and I was unable to find a place to sit. More chairs are needed!

A few other things that were just okay:
The closet door was broken.
Apparently there is a free shuttle to South Beach, but I had no idea.
Even after I commented to the concierge that I had no idea of the amenities or a room service menu, none was provided.
No one enforced the no smoking policy at the pool in the evening.

That said, my room was clean and spacious. It was extremely comfortable. The bar in the lobby had both excellent drinks and excellent service.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 22 August 2012

This was a surprise getaway for my wife and I. The Trump name is synonymous with excellence and the Trump international hotel did not disappoint. The hotel itself is very attractive and clean. The moment you walk in you are met with polite and helpful staff. The beach and the water were beautiful and not only did the hotel have different kinds of pools, but they were open 24 hrs a day! Other people have complained about the resort fee but beach chairs, umbrellas, are included in the fee. At other hotels, those items would cost extra and at a higher fee. Lunch at the pool was very good and again, the staff was great. All in all it was an excellent trip, a little expensive but not over the top. We would come back again.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Robert B
Reviewed 20 August 2012

My family and I stayed after a cruise to the Bahamas, just for a night. It was more relaxing and beautiful than the cruise. Everyone in my family had wished we had stayed at the hotel for the week and not gone on the cruise. It is amazing at this resort. The resort is exceptionally clean..everywhere! We ended up in a suite over looking the ocean and pool grounds even though we only booked a double bed room. I am a hard person to get to relax, even on vacation but I fell asleep on the beach. The staff are incredible. Friendly and so efficent. The staff on the beach run around to get you what you need. If you call room service they are at your door with in seconds. The staff on the grounds are so happy and can not do enough for you....you are treated so well here. The location is also great...you have Denny's, McDonalds and other resturants across the street and CVS, Wallgreens and a supermarket. You have access to the pool/beach all night as well. I know some of the reviews mentioned the prices to be high in the resturant at the hotel but the sandwiches for lunch ran about 12 dollars...I did not think that was too high considering other restuarants around there were higher. The only thing I would recommend is to print your receipt from the computer after booking. We booked on line thru Trump and paid everything in full. We received a bill for the resort fee again upon leaving and my husband tried to explain we already paid this but only when he showed them the breakdown on the receipt did they remove the charge. I had read in the comments from others to print your receipt due to this and believe me it helped. Even though we checked out they allowed us to stay on the grounds for the day and store our luggage and use all facilities. The shuttle was great and brought us to South Beach which was a nice area to walk around and shop and eat. Just beware of some of the eating spots...we had a terrible lunch at one. I am not the type to go back to the same place twice to visit on vacation because I always want to experience something new but we have talked about taking vacation next year and staying at the Trump. If not I will research to see where the other Trump hotels are to stay there. The money is worth every penny!

Room Tip: The ocean view is worth it and the suites are like staying at home. The washer was great to clean y...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank KAREN H
Reviewed 18 August 2012

We loved our stay here! Arranged for limo pick up with hotel before arrival and pleased to say that after a day of traveling this was a great beginning. The check in and staff assistance with bags was above and beyond we were made to feel special. This continued right through our six night stay from the pool staff, to the spa and restaurants plus the wonderful Manuel at front of house! Oh and the housekeeping too really recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank maxineMoutoa
Reviewed 18 August 2012

I was going to write this really long review, breaking it down to all the individual aspects of the hotel (service, amenities, pool, room etc), but then I realized, who wants to read all that stuff anyway, so here is my review in the most concise form: great looking property and great service. You will have a good time here as long as you don't mind spending at least an extra $50 DAILY on top of the room rate ($30 for parking, $20-some for the resort fee). If that does not bother you I would highly recommend this place. For those too cheap to spend that kind of extra cash, keep looking...

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I went vacation from Thurs-8/9 - Monday-8/13 & i must say, i wish i can live on the property!! I stayed on the 6th floor (rooms start at the 5th floor) & i loved the view! i was able to see the beach, pool & tennis court from my room. The service was exquisite! The doormen were always at the front, morning and night. Ready to open the taxi door upon arrival. What i loved most is everyone who worked on site truly enjoyed their job and were pleased to inform us of local areas and what the nightlife was about. 45$ Taxi drive from Ft Lauderdale airport to hotel room. The cleaning service would constantly knock on the door for cleaning service unless we had the PRIVACY PLEASE sign. They did in fact clean my inform, including organizing my shoes & extra towels always. Shuttle was only available certain times of the day from 2pm-8pm. Wouldve prefered a 24/7 shuttle. Fortunately, the pool and ocean are available 24/7, almost favorite part of the trip! I will DEFINITELY be going back!

Room Tip: Lower floors for quick elevator service. Higher floors for nicer views.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
Sole on the Ocean
#4 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
0.4 km away
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles Beach
Residence Inn Miami Sunny Isles ...
#8 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
6.6 km away
Grand Beach Hotel Surfside
0.3 km away
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Beach
Acqualina Resort & Spa on the Be...
#1 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach
1.4 km away
Newport Beachside Hotel and Resort
Newport Beachside Hotel and Reso...
#6 of 10 in Sunny Isles Beach

Been to Trump International Beach Resort? Share your experiences!