“Bed bugs, be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!”

Trump International Beach Resort
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Sunny Isles Beach
Reviewed 23 December 2010

Beautiful hotel build by Mr. Trump until my husband found at least 20 bed bugs on his mattress. We have stayed there twice before and enjoyed the property emincely, but this time it was different. The front desk manager at Mr. Trump's hotel didn't care about us and if we had been infected or not, she just wanted to know if we were going to pay our bill. This is noway to treat loyal customer's.
K.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank miami1214
Write a ReviewReviews (2,253)

Reviewed 10 December 2010

This is a very good place to stay with family. Very kids friendly place.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 December 2010

I read the reviews here before booking and frankly I was a bit anxious about doing so. I shouldn't have worried. Honestly, I was baffled by what anyone could find to complain about. From the moment I stepped out of the car, I receieved wonderful service, starting with friendly bellhops, then from the warm and kind Derrick at the front desk.
The lobby was attractive and polished with displays of fresh fruit and flowers. When I stepped off the elevator, the stunning view from the floor to ceiling windows in the hallway took my breath away.
My room was beautiful and enormous, with a full kitchen (fridge, oven, pots and pans, dishes... the works), dining table, living room area, and separate bedroom and ensuite bath. Large windows and a balcony offered spectacular views. Counter tops were granite, bathroom floors and showers were marble, furniture was attractive (cherry?) and modern, carpet was a fresh, good quality berber, towels were soft and thick, toiletries were nice quality and included about everything you might need. There was an umbrella in the closet along with a thick, plush bathrobe and slippers. Heat and air conditioning were very efficient and made no noise.
The pool area was attractive with two pools - one for swimming laps and another, a zero depth entry pool, for playing and relaxing. The beach towels were large and soft and the staff was happy to set up lounge chairs for guests at the beach.
Food at the hotel was good quality and if cost had been a big concern to me, I could have gone to the grocery store across the street and stocked the full kitchen in my suite.
Throughout my stay, I was treated warmly by all the staff and was definitely made to feel like my comfort was their greatest concern.
What more could a guest desire?

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Katharine M
Reviewed 6 December 2010

We just stayed for a week at the Trump Miami while attending Art Basel Miami and Design Miami. Even though it was a bit of a drive everyday to get to where the action was (Including South Beach), it couldn't have been better! It was great to spend all day out and about in the city/ and the craziness of the beach culture and come back to the peace and tranquility of our hotel. We really took advantage of the amenities that were available. The gym was nice and had fresh towels soaked in ice water which was very refreshing after working out. We were given access to use the spa services everyday, including the sauna (heavenly), and steam showers. The pools were gorgeous and the staff were super attentive keeping everything clean and moving to accommodate the regular flow of hotel guests. Our room was always spotless and the concierge seemed to be ready for our call whenever we had any concerns/needs (such as turning on the heat when it dipped down to 39* yikes!) We were traveling with our 14 month old and they really were great having the crib in our room already set up before we arrived and leaving a sweet care package of baby soaps and lotions (even a rubber ducky!). They really made us feel at home. The only bummer to think of was the added costs; the resort fee ($15 additional a day), the fact that there is NO option other than to valet park ($24 additional a day), and the insane amount of tips to everyone from the valet, bell boys, housekeeping, wait staff, and bar tenders - which are expected- to the people who great you on the beach and walk you out to your chaise lounge- and the spa attendants. That got kinda old- and it easily added up to over $350 in the time we were there. But- there is nothing wrong with rewarding exceptional service- so it balanced out. Anyway- over all it was an amazing trip- and should we go back next year- we will definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank shoelessrose
Reviewed 4 December 2010

We loved this hotel. Stayed a few days after Thanksgiving and the rates were amazing for what we got. Amazing and beautiful pool and beach. I expected to have to rent the beach chairs, but everything was included. There was always free fruited water at the beach and the pool and they gave out free orange slices in the daytime and popsicles in the evening. The food at the pool bar was great and reasonably priced. The sushi from the restaurant was amazing.

My kids absolutely loved the various pools, hot tubs and water falls. After two days in the pool they spent the third day at the amazing beach. And everyone who works here is so friendly and helpful. They ask you how can they help you. It was amazing.

Then of course there were the largest hotel rooms. We had a mini suite with sink, refrigerator, glasses, plates, the works. There is a separate shower and big bath tub. And the flat screen TV was the most clear high definition TV we have ever seen. The beds were sink-in comfortable with fluffy down comforters and pillows that had us sleeping in blissful rest late into the morning.

Finally, we worked out in the gym each night which was well equipped and clean. They had plenty of cardio equipment and weights, TVs everywhere, and fresh towels, water and headphones. I could have worked out for hours.

This Hotel is one of the nicest hotels we have ever stayed at in Florida and we have been in a lot. It is true luxury and great customer service. It is not holiday inn priced, but neither is it priced like the Ritz Carlton, but it is amazing what you get for the money.

My only negative comment might be that the bathrobes provided were sized for a skinny super model and a midget. If you are above 5 foot tall and over 120 lbs, forget the bathrobe. But hey, if I'd called to complain, I bet they would have brought me a larger size.

Love this place, will stay again.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank okletsgo
Reviewed 26 November 2010

I had an excellent time at his hotel. I would recommend it. First, its location is ideal. On one side of Collins Ave is the hotel and beach, on the other, every single store and moderately priced restaurant you want. Don't want to get fleeced with room service, it is a short walk to Dennys, McDonalds, Burger King, KFC, CVS, and 7-11 to name a few. Be warned though, traffic is heavy. But there are traffic lights. Then there is a free daily shuttle to the Aventura Mall just down the road which offers more dining and a movie theater. In addition, there is a free shuttle bus that is offered by Sunny Isles that will take you all over the area. The stop is just a short walk from the hotel.

My room was excellent. A kitchenette and microwave were included and my view was spectacular. And shock of shocks, there was almost no noise. I only wish my apartment was this quiet. Everything was clean and it was actually quite big. I found the service and staff to be wonderful. A year ago I stayed in another 5 star hotel. Sure if you went up to them and ASKED them something they wouldn't be rude, but here, if someone saw you in the hall they would come right up and say hello and ask how your stay was. They didn't make a pest of themselves but it is a higher caliber place that does such things.

The beach service was also excellent. I went down and they came right up to me and asked if I wanted a chair, or an umbrella. I got one, they set it up for me, moving it the way I wanted and gave me a towel. Really good hustle there.

The only reason this isn't 5 stars is that the hotel room did seem a bit run down (my curtains wouldn't open), I found the beds to be uncomfortable and there is some sort of major problem with the tv service. I could hardly get my tv to change the channel and every time the guy would come out for service he would say something like, you just have to be patient. Um buddy, I don't pay for a place like this to "be patient". But it sounded like they were aware of the problem and were trying to get another provider.

I would recommend it to others.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank Sara45678787
Reviewed 22 November 2010

Beautiful, clean, large room on the 17th floor with great ocean view. Very clean bathroom. We ate at Neomi's for breakfast, and had excellent service and a wonderful breakfast buffet with lots of nice fruit. The pool grill has a good hummus wrap for lunch and drink specials. In-room dining was also very good. Front desk went out of their way to make sure we were comfortable. Love it!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends