Review Highlights
rewarding ourselves

When we reach our milestones, we reward ourselves with the food and good company of Tom and Dan... read more

Reviewed May 23, 2018
LSD_011111
Birchgrove, Australia
Delicious food in a lovely relaxing setting

I love this place. I have been many times and never disappointed. The food is exceptional. My... read more

Reviewed February 4, 2018
HollyB2430
via mobile

All reviews sunday long lunch wine by the glass great wine list small plates of food delicious food many times cocktails kitchen tom menu
Reviewed June 5, 2016

Visited by chance with a friend on a wild, rainy night with unsure expectations. But happy to report, like the lashing conditions outside, we were blown away by great service, perfect negronis and unctuous small plates of food.

The surrounds were warm and cozy - think chestnut leather banquettes, small tables, soft lighting. And there was a blues-y soundtrack playing as a carefully selected backdrop to our conversation.

A perfect place for friends, or lovers and those who prefer words to iPhones.

This could well be my new favourite (old) bar, it ticks all the boxes…who knew it was right here on my doorstep and I have only just uncovered it. Highly recommended and will be back with others.

1  Thank hunterandgatherer
Reviewed June 1, 2016 via mobile

One of my favourite places to go in the inner west, great ambience, friendly staff and a fantastic selection of quality wines

Reviewed March 2, 2016

Can speak more highly of this little establishment with Thomas Hoff the proprietor an exceptionally educated and informative host who will make you most comfortable when ever you visit. Makes you want to turn up more regularly than you should ;)

Reviewed January 15, 2016

Have been to the lodge a number of times and couldn't fault it, a huge wine list and Tom is extremely knowledgable and makes great recommendations. Food is good, tapas style with plenty of variety and actually pretty cheap for what you get. A really nice place to settle in and have a chat and a few really good drinks. Betas the pub any time.

1  Thank burgo1804
Reviewed August 14, 2015

Only found this with a search for cocktails in Balmain. It has been here for almost 4 years, can't believe I haven't found it earlier. They have an extensive bar with lots of wine, beers and cocktails - both the classics and unusual ones we'd never heard of before. We decided to have the "long lunch" menu, only one available on the Sunday afternoon. A reasonable price for the amount of delicious food we were served. Will go back again soon!