See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed December 29, 2017 via mobile

We had a clean visit here and it is good for a budget hotel however in not sure what the other guests are doing there... they seem like their long term residence? Most were friendly enough but wouldn't feel comfortable being there on my own as a female!

Date of stay: January 2017
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank EleanorBall
Reviewed June 25, 2017

We booked a room here for a colleague who stayed for a week. The room was basic but clean and tidy. We received great service and were happy with the experience. The location is also good. The price was reasonable.

Date of stay: June 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed June 16, 2017 via mobile

I booked in here for 2 nights in May. I checked it out here on Tripadvisor and thought I would give it a go. The positives were that is was close to the train station 1 stop before Cronulla train station. Easy walk. It was also close to Cronulla Mall, a easy 10-15 min walk. The guesthouse was a mixed bag. My room upstairs was big enough, close to the shared bathroom and toilet facilities. The upstairs bathrooms were newer and much cleaner than the downstairs one I had to use at one stage. All staff I encountered were friendly and helpful. Complimentary breakfast was good in a communal dining room. Dining room was very small. A previous rarer on here mentioned there were bedbugs here, that was mentioned a week or 2 before I came. I still booked here, as I thought well he/she may have got them anywhere. I should have taken more notice as when I left to go back to Newcastle on the Friday, 2 nights after booking in, I had these itchy lumps on my hands. I had to call house doctor on the Saturday, as it was bedbug bites and I had an allergic reaction to them. Coincidence? Without the bugs, overall not bad value for the money.

Date of stay: May 2017
Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Marina G
Reviewed May 7, 2017

If you can afford it please reconsider. We booked this as an afterthought when considering a short break to Sydney whilst visiting relatives in Australia. You could be forgiven for thinking you had landed in a homeless hostel. First impressions not good as garden unkempt and taped up broken front window. Room was reasonably clean. Judge the toilets and communal areas for yourselves.

Date of stay: March 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank macki62000
Reviewed April 28, 2017 via mobile

Booked a single room last minute & they dropped the price to $80 without me even asking.

Bed was comfy and clean, toilets and shower clean too. Budget type place but way better than some reviews suggest. I'd defo stay again.

Fridge in the room was a bit noisy when trying to sleep but that's only slight negative, and could also hear traffic from the road at times.

Never met any staff but other people staying there were mixed bag but all friendly.

20min walk to train station, 10mins to beach and shops. On street parking.

Date of stay: April 2017