1,430 results
All reviews biggles bar sydney airport next morning mascot station room service per person shuttle service corner room full buffet circular quay stayed one night an early flight short stay international flight domestic terminal car parking an overnight stay
Reviewed February 6, 2012

I stayed overnight when taking family to the international airport. Finding the hotel and parking was straight forward and check in was easy. All of the staff were very friendly. The room I was in was bright, quiet and quite large. The bathroom was well appointed and the bed was very comfortable. We relaxed before I drove across to the terminal. The hotel is quite convenient from that perspective, and it is also quite close to Mascot railway station...which I walked to after breakfast and caught a train into the city. Speaking of breakfast, it was a good buffet in a nice space. I had a light dinner in Biggles Bar. The food was good and came quickly. All in all it was an enjoyable stay and I may stay again even if not going to or coming from the airport.

Room tip: The entrance driveway - and entry to the underground parking - is actually on Bourke Road
Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank MartinCanberra
Reviewed February 4, 2012

The hotel is very close to the Sydney Airport domestic terminal and just a couple of blocks from a train station (Mascot), which will get you into central Sydney in 15 minutes for considerably less than taking the train from the airport. Unlike most US airport hotels, there is no free airport shuttle. Cab was about $15, including a hefty airport surcharge and the shuttle service is $6/head. The room appeared clean with a reasonably large bathroom and nice showerhead, but weak water pressure. Hallway was pretty dreary. Biggest negatives on the room were that everything felt damp, the single desk-height outlet for the lamp didn't work, and no sleep timer on the TV.

Date of stay: February 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank DragonLady13
Reviewed January 28, 2012

On a recent trip to Sydney we had our flight cancelled by virgin. They put us up in the Holiday Inn and we thought we were going to have an average at best stay. However, we found the hotel very nice and also the staff helped us out to ensure everything was comfortable.
It was my mum's birthday and Glen made sure we had everything we needed.
The rooms were a good size, clean and well equipt for all our needs. The food was really good and the breakfast was especially nice. I loved the juicer to make up fresh juices!
We spent time in the Biggles bar when waiting to leave and found it comfortable and staff again lovely. We especially enjoyed our lunch, made by the lovely chef and pleased there was gluten free pasta available.
I know we weren't paying for the room but we felt the hotel and staff were so nice I felt we should write a review. If we need to stay at the airport anytime in the future I would use Holiday Inn again.

Date of stay: January 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
2  Thank JojoT06
Reviewed January 26, 2012

I booked a Wotif Mystery room, and was really pleased with choice. The room had recently been refurbished, it was extremely clean, roomy & really great value. There is a great bar/meals area downstairs which was perfect as we had an early flight from international terminal in the morning. We caught a shuttle bus to the airport for $6 each & it was perfect. Highly recommend staying here, it was great!

Date of stay: December 2011
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 24, 2012

We stayed here for an overnight layover on way back to the US. As soon as we walked in we were greeted by the front desk agent and asked for a crib it was in our room before we got up with the suit cases. The room was very clean the bathroom was very clean and the bed was very comfortable.
I went to the resturant to order food and she said I could have just ordered from the room. She took my order and saw I had my 1 1/2 yr old with me and asked if I wanted something for her. She said it was free for children. The order came up to the room in about 10 minutes very fast. The childrens meal was huge and what you would normally get as an adult at any other resturant in Australia. I should have just ordered if for myself there was so much food on it. My husband has lamb shank and it was very very good. I asked the lady who brought up the food if there was a coke machine on the property and she said she would get us whatever we wanted and brought them up right away.
Such GREAT service and if we ever go back to Sydmey which we probably will we will definately stay here again. We had to make our reservations in such short notice for work purposes so it was very expensive but, at least it was clean, nice and the staff very friendly.

Date of stay: December 2011