1,395 results
All reviews biggles bar sydney airport mascot station room service next morning shuttle service corner room per person circular quay full buffet stayed one night buffet breakfast an early flight short stay domestic terminal international flight an overnight stay
Reviewed October 18, 2012

We stayed here overnight as we had a 6am flight. This is a good overall hotel, clean, efficient staff and very close to the airport. We had to catch a taxi to the airport as the shuttle service did not start that early but overall a pleasant stay.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Raine1960
pirodoi, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 24, 2012

Dear Raine1960

Thank you for your recent review and hope you are having a great time in Europe - delighted to read we were consistent and met your expectations. We look forward to welcoming you back soon and trust we can be your 1st choice Airport hotel on your future travels.

Kind regards,

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed overnight while enroute to South Africa, Great Location, decent rooms and very comfortable beds, Biggles Bar and resturant provides a nice dining experiance.Staff were freindly and shuttle to the airport ontime and good value.

Room Tip: Get a room with Airport view
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank peegee1
pirodoi, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded October 15, 2012

Thanks for the excellent review Peegee1. It is great to read that you enjoyed Biggles; we think it is a great bar & restaurant too and It is great to offer two very different dining venues at our hotel to meet the needs of all types of travelers.

Trust you had a great time in South Africa and looking forward to meeting you again on your next visit through Sydney.

Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stayed there to rest for a night on my way from the states to WA. Everything was great with one exception. Very good shuttle service from airport. Very friendly check in staff. Only complaint was the very snooty staff at the restruant. I'm not sure what his problem was but he seemed more worried about his looks then serving customers. I don't think he wanted to be their. Other then that this is a very nice hotel for ths price.

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank Kyle R

Dear Kyle R,

Thank you for your review and great to hear the hotel product met your expectations. I am very concerned about your comments about one of our colleagues and I have shared this with the restaurant team who have all been briefed and reminded of the importance of their service attitude and displaying the right behaviour - We are very proud of the many great reviews about our great Holiday Inn service behaviours and they are very disappointed that one of their colleagues let them down.

Reviewed October 13, 2012

great hotel, great when you have an early flight, consistent brand, no matter which holiday inn you stay with , always very helpful and friendly staff no matter the day or night, nothing seems to be too much trouble

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Amber M

Dear Amber M,

Thank you for the wonderful review and snapshot of what we strive for at our hotel.
Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon

Reviewed October 12, 2012

I chose Holiday Inn as I sorta knew what to expect from the brand, plus of convenience on arrival at Sydney Airport. I arrived from London early in the morning and planned to crash at the hotel and hope they would have a room for early check-in, quite a request considering standard check-in times of 2-3pm. The reception staff were excellent though and were able to give me a room right away. Room was modern and in very good condition. Was surprised at the expense and limitations of the internet access, however I was to learn that internet access is terribly expensive in all Sydney and Melbourne hotels compared to what I'm used to in Europe and USA. At least there is a one-time 20 minute free access by wi-fi in the lobby - so you gotta be quick! In the end, I didn't crash at the hotel, but was feeling energised and excited to explore the city, so it was great to find that there is a main station located just two blocks down the street at Mascot. Getting into the city was only a short 10min trip costing $4. My only problem was on arrival at the airport when trying to locate the hotel shuttle bus. I called the hotel and they told me which bus stop number to wait at, which I found no problem, however the shuttle bus is not actually marked with "Holiday Inn" in any way, so how are you supposed to know that its your bus! In the end, I took a taxi as I was rather annoyed at that and didn't want to wait another half hour for the bus.

Room Tip: I had a room on the first floor directly above the reception lobby. No noise at all, so I think all rooms would be good options based on my experience.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mark R

Thank you Mark R, what a fantastic review of our hotel - I am pleased that we met your expectation and met the high standards of our great Holiday Inn Brand. I note the shuttle bus comments and I wanted to take this opportunity to share that we are working with Sydney Airport Corporation to improve their information signage to the pick up point as well as allow better signage to be displayed on the buses and approve a bus timetable which currently is not allowed by them due to their many bureaucratic issues. I trust that by the next time you visit Sydney, this should be all sign posted correctly.

Looking forward to welcoming you back.