1,393 results
All reviews biggles bar sydney airport mascot station room service next morning shuttle service corner room per person circular quay full buffet stayed one night buffet breakfast an early flight short stay domestic terminal international flight an overnight stay
Reviewed March 8, 2013

I've read a few of the reviews from other travellers about the rooms, etc. My wife and I have stayed here twice prior to flying on to other destinations, and have no complaints. We've had dinner in the bar twice and the food was very good, the location for the airport can't be beaten, and the service was great. It is a little pricey, but for the location that doesn't worry us unduly.
Yes, there is a little wear and tear at a couple of points - some of the carpets, for example - but nothing exceptional. We'll happily stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
pirodoi, Manager at Holiday Inn Sydney Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 10, 2013

Dear HarlequinsMask,

Thank you for posting a review and moreso sharing your positive perception of the hotel - the team & I appreciate this. Delighted to read that your experience are reflective of two separate stays.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon

Reviewed March 5, 2013

This was one of the worst hotel experiences we have had in years. We were looking for a hotel for a one night stay prior to a flight the next morning Sydney to LAX. The staff were fine, nothing outstanding but acceptable. The room was dismal and very dirty. Bare feet on the carpet stuck to the soiled and tacky to the feel old carpet. The bed was sagging, sheets and towels old and threadbare and many used food trays in the hotel the night we checked in and more added in the morning when we left. All in all, a great waste of almost $300.00. We know that Holiday Inn is not a five star property but we did expect clean!

Room Tip: Choose another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
4  Thank PMWSanClemente

Dear PMWSSanClemente,

Thank you for sharing your review - very poor outcome on our part and please accept my sincere apology for the experience. I have shared your review with our Housekeeping and food & beverage team whom have reviewed their procedures to ensure this does not happen again. I would love the opportunity to contact you to discuss this further.

Kind regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2013

This was our last night of our trip and a travel agent chose this hotel for us before our flight to Hong Kong the next day. There was no one at the front to help with luggage. The desk people were friendly. The room was small and smelled bad as did the halls and there were spots on the carpet. Also, the bathroom towels had spots. The sheets were dingy looking and were half falling off the bed. I itched and scratched all night. Went to the hotel restaurant for a small meal; got a salad and it had a worm in it. I told the waitress and she said, "Oh", I will tell the chef. The breakfast was fair, but the coffee was bad. There are other choices in this location.

Room Tip: Find another hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank poodlena

Dear Poodlena,

Thank you for your review and disappointing to read that our product did not meet your expectations. I note all your other reviews of your hotel stays are in 5 star or boutique properties in various countries and this has set a high benchmark for our hotel and I would cherish the opportunity to contact you to discuss the experience in more detail. We have strict guidelines that we follow in relations to our product cleanliness, upkeep and maintenance which includes the carpeting of the hotel; I have shared your comments with our team and assure you that we have reviewed this thoroughly to ensure that all our guests have a great Holiday Inn experience.

I look forward to talking to you soon,

Reviewed March 3, 2013

efficient place to stay before travelling out the next day from Sydney Airport, really the only reason for us to consider. easy access to airport either by shuttle or could use the train with a close by station. the rooms are getting a bit tired looking and worn, high price for internet/wifi is ridiculous. you can get free 20minutes in the lobby per day-get with it and make it free access. rooms were clean enough, but not that comfortable and quite small.

Room Tip: only stay if you want something close to Sydney Airport for one night. otherwise not worthit. You can book the shuttle to/from Airport at time of booking on line, but make sure you still sign up and get your passes early from the registration desk. i may look for other options next time.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Gerald H

Dear Gerald H,

Thank you for posting a review - I appreciate your positive comments about the hotel. Unlike hotels in the USA, major hotel chains in Australia run their internet services through third party suppliers which attracts a nominal fee for usage.

Regards,

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Had an early start in Sydney the next day so came up from Melbourne the previous evening. It was easy to find the shuttle to the hotel, which is one that services all the hotels in the area (and is pretty grotty). The room was slightly larger than your normal hotel room, the furnishings were a bit dated but clean and the bed was comfortable. Breakfast the next morning was the typical buffet style so common and tasty. All-in-all if I have to stay near the airport again, I'd be happy to stay here.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business

Dear Michael2810,

Thank you for posting a review - delighted to read that the hotel met all your expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next Sydney stop over.