“Best Dumplings in westfield”
Review of Din Tai Fung

Din Tai Fung
Ranked #40 of 65 Restaurants in Miranda
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed 20 April 2015

I have frequented this restaurant many times and the dumplings are a must. Best Asian food in Westfield Miranda by far!

2  Thank Doris J
There are newer reviews for Din Tai Fung

Reviewed 16 April 2015

My friend and I ate at this restaurant recently and I must say that I was very disappointed. Firstly, we arrived and were promptly given a beeper to wait for a table. We were told 25 minutes. Whilst waiting, we filled out the food order form we were handed. There was no price list on this. 45 minutes later, we were seated.
For anyone who is accustomed eating Asian cuisine, you will be sorely disappointed. The food was bland and the quantities were tiny.
Finally, the bill came out totalling $80. We were floored. A quick bite to eat with a soft drink... What a rip off. I will not be going back there.

1  Thank auds1978
Reviewed 16 April 2015 via mobile

This was my second attempt at eating at Din Tai Fung as the first time was at 2.20pm and they were closed. I was incredibly disappointed and flabbergasted as the restaurant is situated in a shopping centre. On the second attempt,I made sure I got there earlier. The Miranda Shopping Centre has been renovated & the addition of this dumpling chain is a definite highlight. The extra appeal of this restaurant is in it's great position. The addition of an outdoor eating area transforms this once dull suburban shopping centre into something much more vibrant. As I sat with my three boys eating great dumplings washed down with a cold beer at this great Taiwanese chain,I felt the outdoor setting gave it a somewhat sophisticated Australian feel. I have previously visited this chain in Shanghai, Hong Kong & Beijing.
I went with my three sons & we enjoyed a variety of dumplings which were all excellent. I always look forward to the xiao long bao or Shanghai soup dumplings & they were great. My boys had never had them and were surprised by the hot soup in their mouths.
The staff were attentive and eager to please. I liked the card ordering system. We will be back to eat dumplings but before 2pm or for dinner. A longer lunch service would be great though.

1  Thank Kim G
Reviewed 11 April 2015 via mobile

After attending this restaurant with high expectation I walked away very disappointed . Upon entry you are handed a menu card to complete and hand to your waiters . After completing the card and having trouble communicating with the staff I was informed 20 minutes later they had run out of the selected meals. After another 30 mins we received our food. Oily tasteless slop was served with the majority left. To rub insult into the wound the bill was presented. After the pads were placed onto my chest and my heart re- started I reluctantly handed over the credit card. Do your self a favour by a packet of two minute noddles it will taste better and save the heart attack.

1  Thank Cliffo098
Reviewed 10 April 2015 via mobile

Wow i am so excited that Din Tai Fung has arrived to Miranda Westfield!!!
To tell you the truth i was a afraid that the Din Tai Fung will have rude customer service etc... But i was wrong actually!!!! The reason why i thought that was due to the one in World Square & The Star!!! The Ding Tai Fung which is situated in World Square or The Star, the staff members are rude... and food service was horrible..... (i will put that on my other reviews)

But this place had the best service!!!!
They are friendly, catering to our needs, always checking if we are ok and making sure we are happy etc... And the food came out on a timely manner.

This place is 10/10 for the food & service! They did not let me down... oh at the dumplings.. all i can say is nom nom nom!!

Go people, go check out the Miranda Westfield while u visit Ding Tai Fung.. You won't be disappointed.

4  Thank MissNomNom