“Buttermilk pie!!”
Review of Depot Cafe

Depot Cafe
Ranked #10 of 25 Restaurants in Monteagle
Reviewed May 8, 2018

Good food, great service! Just a tiny little place on the road, but we like to try out non-chain restaurants, and this was a hit! Definitely home town cooking, everything was good. I wish we'd been there for breakfast, we had lunch, and although we didn't do their buffet, it looked fantastically good. Best buttermilk pie I've ever had.

Reviewed March 23, 2018 via mobile

Don’t let the ranking fool you. I am positive this is the best place in town for breakfast. My husband wanted to eat at Waffle House because it was close to our motel, but I opted for a local non-chain restaurant. Husband had the Western omelet which included bacon. I had bacon, eggs, biscuits & gravy. It was all delicious, quick and probably the least expensive breakfast we had in 2 weeks on the road. Friendly quick service. And the coffee was excellent. Not too strong like most places. I am sure lunch is just as good.

Reviewed January 6, 2018

Great little country cooking diner! Had breakfast was just what we wanted and expected complete with biscuits and gravy.

Reviewed February 22, 2017 via mobile

Good coffee, small local eatery, reasonable prices, friendly service, quick in and out, also has a drive thru

Reviewed August 10, 2016

We ventured out from our mini vacation for late breakfast/lunch Sunday. Stopped here (to avoid the chain restaurants). Don't let the parking lot impressions fool you (we never do). Very friendly and welcoming staff and atmosphere. They had a buffet that had great, real country food (the fried chicken was obscenely good) and they just kept bringing out fresh stuff the whole time we were there. REAL country food with flavor. Had a bacon cheeseburger and it was great. Everyone's food looked very good.
Basic food done right, friendly, fast service and great prices. Even if you are just driving through on I-24 it is worth by passing the chains to stop and it is less than a mile off the interstate exit.

1  Thank CheeseburgerBob

Been to Depot Cafe? Share your experiences!