“Lovely BnB and a beautiful town”
other traveller has booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Joolay
Canberra, Australia
“Lovely BnB and a beautiful town”
Reviewed November 19, 2017 for a stay in November 2017

I stayed at Summerlands for several nights as I was visiting Alexandra for a Geocaching Mega event and I thoroughly enjoyed my time. The hosts are renovating and restoring a very old BnB and doing a wonderful job. My room was the first to be finished and released for rental and it is beautiful. Huge high ceilings with the original ceiling rose and a lovely chandelier light. The room was spacious and beautifuly made up. The bed was comfortable and the room was large enough that there were 2 single lounge chairs there. Also a desk, fridge, TV (which I did not use) tea and (good) coffee making facilities. There were also lovely touches like fresh roses in the corner and water in the fridge and fresh cherries and fruit in a bowl. The ensuite was brand new and lovely. Brekky was provided and I had my own space in the fridge where it was available each day. I had full use of the kitchen which is fully renovated country style using boards from the original house, amazing. The area is very quiet and very close to town. I found Wayne and Lina to be lovely and welcoming. I almost forgot to mention that I had not only access to the house but also my own verandah and outside access. While the other future BnB rooms still has a way to go to be finished I think it will be amazing when completed, not that any renovation impacted on me at any time. The gardens out the front are lovely, the back still has a bit of renovating needed but I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and would recommend Summerlands to anyone wanting to stay a few days in Alexandra. There are lots of places to visit in the area and now thanks to the Mega event lots of Geocaches to find. Do the puzzles before you get there though and bring your geo-tools as you will need them for the gadget caches which are awesome. But if not there for Geocaching you will find lots to enchant you about the area. The rivers and streams, the hills and the views. Alexandra is a lovely area to visit. Thanks for having me Wayne and Lina.

Your age range 50-64
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
20 Nov 2017
Thanks for the review Julie and it was a pleasure having you stay with us. You are welcome back anytime. For info, we do have a second room with ensuite finished but that is long-term rented until the New Year.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing