The Rose Cottage
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Beechworth
See available hotels
Armour Motor Inn(Beechworth)
The George Kerferd(Beechworth)
  • Pool
Motel on Alpine(Myrtleford)
  • Pool
Myrtleford Hotel(Myrtleford)
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed October 9, 2011

My husband and I, with our 13 year old son, booked one night at The Rose Cottage, and when we saw the place we wanted to stay another night. Unfortunately for us, due to its popularity it was sold out. The port and chocolates on arrival made us feel totally at home. The gardens and interior decor provide guests with hours of interest making it clear that the owners have invested a great deal of time to make you feel as though you are a part of the 1800's - right down to the beautiful crockery and cutlery used for a delicious cooked breakfast.

As others have said, the location is within an easy walking distance of the main street which is very convenient if you just want to stroll the shops and local sights. We certainly recommend The Rose Cottage.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Boadecia
Reviewed July 11, 2011

Rose Cottage has been operating as a B&B for over 20 years apparently, and the friendly owners know exactly what they are doing and provide a very good level of service. It's personal, but not intrusive.
Rose cottage is located near the main drag - but well placed in a quiet side street, so avoids any noise. The house has four guest rooms, each with its own en-suite and decorated with a slightly different Victorian era "theme." Breakfast is extremely generous, served around a large communal table, where you chat to other guests. In winter the lounge room has a wood fire roaring, although the house also has very effective central heating. Beds are big and comfortable.
The Victoriana mentioned by other reviewers might not be to everyone's liking - I find it a bit TOO cluttered - but the furnishings are clearly the owners passion and sort of become the trademark of the place. I've stayed twice and would happily do so again.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NickRJM
Reviewed March 23, 2011

My Wife and I satyed 2 nights in this wonderful little B&B just off the main street in Beechworth. The house is decorated very much in the Victorian style and it was interesting just walking through and looking.

We stayed in the Ivory room which was very clean with excellent attention to detail. I am a big unit (6'4") but I found the wrought iron bed to be very comfortable, as did my wife - so comfortable we both nearly slept in past breakfast. The ensuite was spotless and well appointed.

Breakfast was excellent. My only complaint would be that even at lunchtime I was too full to try the pies Beechworth is famous for. Tony and Lyn were perfect hosts, Tony welcomed us when we arrived and showed us around but then retreated and left us to our own devices. He was also very helpful in answering questions and directing us to points of interest around the district.

The rooms were very quiet. There were other guests staying when we were there but the only time we saw or (more importantly) heard them was at breakfast.

I have no hesitation recommending The Rose Cottage and would definitely stay there again should the opportunity arise.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 16, 2010

Fabulous location and quaint accommodation. The Christmas decorations inside and out were outstanding. A pleasure to visit. Breakfast very well done too.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed January 8, 2010

Stayed just one night in the Tudor Rose Room. It featured dusty pink tones and a spa bath in the en suite. We weren't tempted by the spa but found the small side private verandah just the place for an afternoon gin and tonic. The location is perfect and the street really did quieten down once darkness fell.

Enjoyed a home cooked breakfast the next day and chatted with the other guests. We would stay at The Rose Cottage in future and recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple