All reviewsgreat locationlady at receptioncorner roomfriendly catthe main streetfree wificoffee pod machineminute walkclose to townquiet locationcomfortable roomwithin walking distancewould stay here againhibernian hotelgood sizestayed one nightmotel
Reviewed April 2, 2018

Where to start. A very unfriendly welcome from the owner, followed up by a poo left in the toilet in our room. Yuk!! Very hard bed, coffee stains on the ceiling and lots (and I mean lots) of cobwebs on the ceiling. Therefore I shouldn't have been surprised when a large spider dropped on to my pillow shortly after I went to bed. Spent most of the night awake with the light on just in case it happened again!! Also lots of noise from nearby rooms air conditioners and showers.
The owner, whilst saying sorry the next morning when we checked out, didn't offer any compensation for the dirtiness of the room. He muttered something about some changes happening soon, namely divorce. Very un-professional of him. Would never recommend this hotel to anyone or ever stay here again!

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miichele_13
Reviewed March 24, 2018

Stayed here for one night two week's ago. The room was lovely and clean and the shower was a good size with decent water pressure. The pod-style coffee maker was a highlight for me as I love my coffee. The gorgeous, friendly cat was an added bonus.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled with friends
Reviewed March 19, 2018

Taken me too long to write this as I have never written a bad review, but this was worst experience I've had to date and thought I may as well share in case it prevents other people from going through the same. It was about a year ago so please excuse the delay. I made a booking online and called at later date to extend the booking. I received a confirmation email from them to say they will manage the change and no further action was required from me. When I checked in, they told me there was 2 bookings under my name and I had to pay for both. Lucky I had it all in writing, knew my rights and was confident enough to stand my ground. The woman on the front counter was rude, yelled at me and even tried to kick me out - it felt like she was trying to bully me to pay for their mistake. We would have left if we weren't there for a wedding with no where else to go. Her behaviour was totally unacceptable and really jarred my experience in Beechworth.

• Stayed: April 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed January 25, 2018

Where do I start? Old uncomfortable mattress, broken floor tiles, no milk for tea or coffee, no tissues, very outdated furnishings. Worst disappointment was “Big Bad Brian” (as he calls himself) on reception had told us on the phone that we could use the pool anytime of the day or night but it was EMPTY. That’s right no water in the swimming pool and no explanation.

Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed January 20, 2018 via mobile

Booked this place as we know it had a pool based on pics on booking website. 40+ degrees on arrival - pool has no water. Then had a shower to cool down - water runs hot/cold and poor pressure.
Beds felt old, unsupportive and small. Pillows quite good.
The rom air con worked well although room smelled musty.
Tried to drink tea made in room, but taste was off. Not sure if it was their milk or the local water.
We’ve stayed in Beechworth several times and have never been disappointed with our accommodation. I guess we were about due.
Give it a miss