Mountain Grand Guest House
Kookaburra Motor Lodge(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$80
Halls Gap Motel(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$75
US$72
Priceline
Mountain View Motor Inn & Holiday Lodge(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$76
  • Pool
Gariwerd Motel(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$81
US$76
Priceline
Grampians Eco YHA(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$62
Hostelworld.com
D'Altons Resort(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$93
US$84
  • Pool
Halls Gap Caravan Park(Halls Gap)(Great Value!)
US$90
DULC Cabins(Halls Gap)
Marwood Villas(Halls Gap)
  • Breakfast included
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed March 27, 2012

We would like to congratulate Don and his staff for making our stay very enjoyable and relaxing, from a welcoming smile on checking in to our depature was pleasant and refreshing. The choices on the menu in the restaurant were of a high standard and well presented. We would reccommend others to visit. We agree with other positive comments about the overall experience, and would definately stay again.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 26, 2012

Just got back from a very relaxing & enjoyable stay at this character filled guest house. My husband & I found the staff to be very helpful & friendly. The room although small was comfortable & it was nice to be able to step outside, through the sliding door, to the car & not have to go through the guest house each time. Plenty of room in the 3 separate lounge areas, to relax & read a book or dare I say it - watch T.V. The live music on the Saturday night & the background music at all other meal times was very appropriate & most enjoyable! Would stay here again!

Room Tip: We stayed in a standard room with ensuite & access straight onto the back carpark.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 2, 2012

My wife and I really enjoyed this Guest House. The room was bright, cheery and clean. The ensuite had a shower with stable temperatures and very good water pressure - hard to find these days. The bed was amazingly comfortable and was commented upon favourably by other guests. The owner met us upon arrival and was very friendly. We were guided to our room and given a good briefing on dining arrangements and the Guest House generally.

Dinner was the highlight of our trip. Jess, the waitress, was very pleasant and efficient and looked after our needs with attention. The food was better than that served in most restaurants and the amounts served for the three course meal were perfect.

Our biggest disappointment was that, due to work commitments, we could only stay one night. We'll be back!

Peter and Beth

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed February 26, 2012

My husband and I are on a 3 month holiday around Australia following our recent retirement.  I can honestly say this hotel was the worst hotel we have stayed in.

We paid good money for a 'luxury' two night stay b & b and dinner.

The room was small with an ensuite and although I think it was one of the 'refurbished' rooms, it was grubby and cheaply furnished.

The two members of staff we met apart from the owner, one started that day the other had been working there for 2 weeks - I think this should have been a warning!

The big joke was the restaurant.

We arrived for dinner on the first night as instructed in the tight timeframe. We sat at one of 4 tables by the window,  we were asked to move to one of the other tables, also by the window, and we're told that all the tables had a number and we were not sitting at the one allocated to our room.  Fair enough in a busy restaurant  but there was a total of 3 tables occupied in the whole restaurant that evening!!  I had lamb fillets with Greek salad as a main.  All I can say is the meat was tough and the Greek salad consisted of a few lettuce leaves with a couple of minuscule  cubes of feta cheese and olives obviously straight from a jar.  My husband ordered a steak and he said it was okay.  The atmosphere was dismal to say the least.

Breakfast was a bigger joke - 'extensive' breakfast buffet consisted of a bowl of tinned pears and one of peaches.  Cereal and toast was also available.

I did not expect luxury flat screen tv or marble hallways when I booked this guesthouse, I have stayed in many boutique, quaint, homely places all over the world and know what to expect with such discriptions but this place is a dirty dump and the owner must be out of touch with the realities of what people expect.

I don't know what other accommodation is available in Halls Gap but it must be better than this. I could go on and on but you get the idea!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Marianne M
Reviewed February 25, 2012

We used to stay at the Mountain Grand more than 20 years ago so I was unsure how it would compare now.
We were not disppointed - we booked the dinner bed and breakfast package with a picnic lunch and afternoon tea upgrade.
The room was on the small size but was clean and comfortable. The dinner was excellent - plenty of choice and well cooked. It is not an upmarket gourmet place but is very good value for money and better than a lot of motel restaurants.
We were travelling to Adelaide so asked if we could have a packed lunch to take with us on the way - I would recommend this highly. It included everything including a mini cheese platter, chocolate and a drink - complete with cutlery and plates - we did not have to get anything extra at all.
The servcie on arival was a little patchy but probably to be expected on a weeknight in the off season.
When all the renovations are finished it will be an excellent venue for a small conference or business get together.
I am pleased to say that after all this time The Mountain Grand is still a great place to stay.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled on business