“Excellent Salsa, Fast Service”

El Comal - Authetic Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #25 of 137 Restaurants in Mount Juliet
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: New shopping center where Mt. Juliet Road meets Lebanon Road. Next to the Sprint store in front of Publix.
Reviewed October 17, 2016

This is pretty much our "go-to" restaurant after church. We can get in, served, and out within 30 - 45 minutes. I love the salsa as it is not too thin or thick and has a great "tomatoey" (meaning it's not overpowered by the onions & garlic) taste. I really love the vegetarian quesadilla and enchilada.

Reviewed May 17, 2016

If you need an acceptable meal, quickly, this isn't a bad option. They'll get you fed quickly with food that tastes somewhat "mostly" Mexican. The owners and servers all seemed to be Mexican or Mexican descendants but I must say that I've eaten fresher and more flavorful Mexican food many times. Still, this food was inexpensive, didn't taste bad and it was served very quickly. The rice and refried beans were tasty but the rest was sort of amorphous and could have been interchangeable with any other dish and tasted about the same. Unless I'm in a rush and/or broke I'll probably look elsewhere next time.

Reviewed March 19, 2016

Had dinner with a friend. Ordered mixed fajitas but received chicken instead. The food was average; whole beans were tasty. Frozen maragaritas were above average. Reasonable prices. Overall, a good experience. Plan to return and order some of the more authentic Mexican dishes.

Reviewed March 13, 2016

We stopped by here while we were in the area on a Sunday afternoon. The restaurant is located in a strip mall. The interior is your average Mexican restaurant. We were warmly greeted and sat at a booth. Our sever was a young woman who was friendly and helpful. We asked about the sizing of the guacamole. They've got a small guacamole for $3.99 and a large for $6.99. She said that the small was about 1/3 the size of the large. We decided on the large guacamole.

The chips and salsa were pretty good. The chips were served hot, which I always enjoy. The salsa was more liquid than chunky. The guacamole was smooth, not chunky like I enjoy. I like some tomatoes, onions, cilantro in the guacamole, The serving was large for the price, however, I don't think I would order it again.

I got the shrimp grande quesadilla for $12.99. It comes with pico, guacamole, sour cream and lettuce. The quesadilla was loaded with shrimp and cheese. I thought the shrimp could've had a little more seasoning on them. they looked pan seared on one side. My boyfriend got a mixture of different tacos, one of them pork and the pork was kind of dry and not very shredded. The pineapple one was good though, along with the chorizo, spicy.

Reviewed March 11, 2016 via mobile

We stopped here for dinner on Friday night and this place was packed. However, the wait time wasn't too long. I had the chicken fajita burrito. It was huge!! It was a very large flour tortilla stuffed with fajita chicken, rice, retried beans, onions and peppers and topped with cheese sauce. Delicious!!