“Best scallop pie ever!”
Review of Island Pies

Island Pies
Ranked #1 of 1 Bakeries in Newhaven
Reviewed 10 October 2016 via mobile

My husband and I have had a very bad experience (elsewhere) in the past with an appalling inedible scallop pie. THIS was the opposite! Perfect flaky pastry; lots of fat juicy scallops (roe included) and a mild curry sauce that did not overpower the scallops. Perfect! The very friendly owner/baker also gave us a steak and kidney pie to try - gratis! So kind! And also delicious! These pies are top notch!

Reviewed 18 September 2016 via mobile

Tried the scallop pie based on other reviews, and it was worth it!! So good I was tempted to get another for take away.

Reviewed 12 September 2016

I'm not sure if I am doing the right thing by singing the praises of Island Pies and especially the Scallop Pies. I might miss out if they become too well known! We live just across the bridge at San Remo and a three minute drive to purchase one for lunch is very tempting. My husband likes the Stockman's Pie and the Steak and Kidney Pies too!
The bakery is large with plenty of tables and they also have plenty of other goodies to entice you as well.

Reviewed 10 August 2016

We get pies here occasionally and they are fantastic. Their bread is also good. My husband loves the plain pie, but I enjoy some of the other fillings. They're all great.

Reviewed 4 August 2016

Huge range of pies, cakes and specialites, fabulous Pies, did I say fabulous Pies, also good coffee and lots of room ofr large groups, off the main road in quiet Newhaven, Drop in worth the stop for the taste sensations alone. grab some to go and head to the waterfront nearby to much with a smile!