“Very enjoyable lunch”
Review of Wonthaggi Hotel

Wonthaggi Hotel
Ranked #4 of 34 Restaurants in Wonthaggi
Reviewed April 5, 2018 via mobile

My family and I were camping in Inverloch and decided to head out exploring and stopped for lunch first. We decided we wanted a pub meal and found the Wonthaggi Hotel. The meals were all lovely and enjoyable. Two adult meals plus two Furphy beers and two kids meals cost approx $95 all up. Was a bit pricey but the meals were delicious and well served.

The decor was fab! Lots of old pictures about the local whaling history littered the walls there’s even some articles and pictures inside the menu! The restaurant was clean and modern and there’s even a kids play area at the back which went down a treat with the kids!

All in all, really glad we stopped in. If we’re ever in the area again, we’ll certainly go back.

Reviewed April 1, 2018 via mobile

This hotel is really nice for dinner. You don't feel like you're in a bistro.
There's a kids play area which is great!

Meals are huge, ingredients are fresh, cakes are delicious, especially the house made sticky date. Staff are really really friendly. Prices are pretty standard 20-25$ for a meal, steaks more.

Lovely place for a family dinner!

Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

Really good meals. I had the seniors' lamb shank, loved it! Vegetables were fresh and crisp. My wife had seniors' chicken parma; great value and well presented and prepared meals.

Reviewed March 24, 2018 via mobile

Whent to the whale bone for lunch today and it was terrible.
Had fish and chips small amount on the plate fish half cooked will not go there again.

Reviewed February 10, 2018 via mobile

$26 for a very small handful of calamari ( so small in fact that I thought I must’ve ordered an entree size in error) served with soggy chips and a limp salad drizzled with a dressing that looked like gravy. I don’t ordinarily return food but I was so incensed at the price and lack of quality of this “food” that I could not accept it. I was offered a refund which I gladly accepted however this meant sitting without a meal as my husband ate his. I chose not to order a different meal as the kitchen was close to closing for the evening and I didn’t believe the kitchen staff would appreciate having their clean up and impending finish time interrupted.
To be fair, my husband enjoyed his meal of ribs and wedges.
All in all though, a very disappointing Saturday night out. I did enjoy my MacDonalds burger on the way home though. :)

thebearsonholiday, Owner at Wonthaggi Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2018

Thank you for your feedback.
To my knowledge our staff did their best at at trying to rectify the issue. As you have mentioned, money was refunded and another meal was offered to you. You have CHOSEN not to order another meal. Kitchen will remain open until the last meal has been served up and customers are satisfied.
Your rating is not warranted in this situation.