All reviews room was clean convenient location free breakfast downtown nashville grand ole opry pets
Reviewed April 3, 2018

The staff tries hard, but I think they're pitted against upper management and owners. I was there for 4 nights, and the room was cleaned once. That was probably partially caused by the faulty door, which couldn't be opened for more than a full day without a special "emergency key card", which the front desk clerk had to use (I couldn't have it). After the batteries in the door lock were finally changed, I could get in and out, but for more than a day, neither the maids, nor me, could enter. Ridiculous. In addition, there was a hole in one wall (looked like someone kicked in the wall), and the walls are so thin I had to complain to the front desk at 1 am about the TV next door. And yes, Google Earth is right: it is right next to the freeway, and yes, its very noisy. No, I won't be staying here again.

• Trip type: Travelled on business
2  Thank Traveler4703
lqgm0918, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland, responded to this reviewResponded April 4, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize about the maintenance and noise issues you experienced while staying with us. In addition, we sincerely apologize about the door lock issues and your room not being cleaned due to this. Providing a positive, memorable experience to all of our guests is a top priority of ours. We apologize for failing to do so for you. Your feedback will be shared with our entire team in order to improve our operations.

Reviewed April 2, 2018 via mobile

Apparently this location is to be renovated later this year, and it needs it. Our two night stay was comfortable and clean, but the carpet in the room was very stained. There were spots where it looked like tooth paste stains and others were it could have been coffee or any other liquid stain. We stayed with our fur baby and at times I was worried for her sniffing around on the floor. The room was dated, but the bed and pillows were comfortable, and towels clean and soft.

The grounds outside the building were a disaster. I’m not sure if they get much snow here, and what I have to say next may have been an accumulation of the mess the snow kept out of sight for a few months. There was a ton of garbage all over the property and at the end of our first day we mentioned this to the front desk, and they quickly addressed it. But, one would think that a customer shouldn’t have to advise them of this. It would take a quick 5 minute walk around to see what we saw. Also, there was a lot of dog poop all over the property, I lost count at about 50. Missing all those land mines was a challenge. This does have a lot to do with the irresponsible dog owners that stayed here, and know I have stayed at other La Quinta hotels (as a gold member), and have never seen it this bad. It may have something to do with no poop bags being available in the dispenser. We mentioned this to the front desk staff upon our arrival, and again the next day and they never restocked the bags during our two day stay.

The staff was very friendly. Breakfast was good and the coffee fresh, thanks.

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed March 25, 2018 via mobile

The only thing that was clean was the bed . While walking to my room there was a bloody towel laying in the hallway and still there when I checked . Carpets filthy in room. Breakfast was a joke. Nasty

Trip type: Travelled on business
lqgm0918, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/Opryland, responded to this reviewResponded March 26, 2018

Thank you for your feedback regarding your recent stay with us. We sincerely apologize about the issues you experienced while staying with us. Providing our guests with a positive, memorable experience is our top priority. We apologize for failing to do so for you. Your feedback will be shared with our entire team in order to improve our operations.

Reviewed March 10, 2018 via mobile

Left at 9:30 AM, returned at 4PM and the room was not cleaned. Spoke with the housekeeping supervisor and she explained they were shortstaffed. That is not my problem being a paying customer. She apologized and gave us soap and towels. Although this is a good location, this type of service is not acceptable!

Reviewed March 1, 2018

Room tip: Some comments I read when reserving mentioned avoiding the rooms with roadside noise - we were road side and had no problems.
Date of stay: February 2018