“outstanding customer service”

DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown
Ranked #62 of 157 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 28 February 2012

My wife and I stayed here from Feb 8th - 11th. Entire staff from the front desk ( Ebony ), breakfast staff , shuttle drivers and concierge staff and management showed excellent all around customer service. I have stayed many places in my 50 years and the service here I rate as top notch , friendly , helpful and sincere. Location is good for downtown area. My hat's off to the staff at the Nashville Doubletree.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 29 February 2012

We are very proud of our team members. Ebony does an outstanding job. We appreciate your commenta and look foward to seeing with you the next time you visit Nashville. Thank you for your kind comments.

There are newer reviews for DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown

Reviewed 28 February 2012

No working wireless in rooms, and even wired internet not working most of the time! No cookies upon check-in, self-parking not convenient at all, and breakfast not included nor good service. Beds and pillows not very comfortable, sofa-bed not made nor sheets available, too few towels, and sink not draining well. Basically just an expensive downtown hotel with a good location, but not otherwise worth the price in any way imaginable.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Paul W

We recently replaced all of our pillows. We also have replaced several mattress and box springs in the rooms. I apologize. However, you can always request a regular pillow instead of the down pillow that is our hotel standard. We are in the process of installing wireless internet in the rooms. We do understand the importance of this service. We have contracted the installation and are looking at about 90 days for installation.

As always, we appreciate comments from our guest. Thank you.

Reviewed 20 February 2012

Staff is terrfic, clean nice hotel. Bar was nice with great appetizers.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay in Nashville. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 1 February 2012

Let me preface this by saying that I'm originally from the Nashville area, and that the city is sorely lacking in quality hotels. My husband and I were going to a charity event and went back and forth on whether we should stay at Hotel Indigo or the Doubletree (both a few blocks from the venue). We went with the Doubletree, even though it was pricier, as I've always been a fan of Hilton brands.

From the moment we checked in until the moment we left, the service was terrible at best. None of the hotel employees knew anything about anything--when we checked in they gave us a breakfast voucher and told us if we wanted to use it for room service we could, but when we called later for room service, they laughed in our faces when we tried to redeem the voucher--and the rooms have seen better days. We had a corner executive king, and it was comfortable enough (and BIG), but the doorknobs were rusty, the bathroom was falling apart, and it seemed the hotel hadn't had any updates since the 1980s.

When we stepped on one of the elevators with four other people, it slammed and stopped. I am terrified of getting stuck on an elevator, so I immediately got off as soon as the doors reopened. I was stuck waiting another 10 minutes for the next one to come. The elevators there are slooooow (and old).

The neighborhood is OK during the week, but I had forgotten that EVERYTHING shuts down on the weekends. We arrived at 3pm and were looking for sandwiches; there were two Quiznos, two Subways and a bevy of other chains in the area. They all closed at noon. ON A SATURDAY. Weird, right? Even the Starbucks inside the hotel was shut.

Our room was right near the elevator shaft, and it was so loud--there were people stumbling out of it drunk, yelling at all hours of the night, and we could hear everything through the thin walls. Pair that with the heating unit that hummed and kicked on and off all night long, and it wasn't a very restful night for either of us.

But what was worse was the housekeeper busting in our room unannounced at 9am. Now, I spend half of the year living out of hotel rooms and I'm very accustomed to housekeeping trying to usher you to check out as early as possible, but this guy just threw open our door without so much as a knock. AT 9AM. Luckily, I was downstairs getting coffee, but my husband was standing there, fully nude, about to get into the shower. Not the kind of wake-up call you want, if you know what I mean. And then to make matters worse, the guy didn't apologize and was terribly rude to my husband, who wasn't all that jazzed in the first place about some other guy seeing his goods.

Overall, I would NOT pay the $206 to stay here again (that's what it came to for a night including the $26 parking fee). I would fork over a little extra cash and stay at the Hermitage or Hutton instead--or just go for one of the more budget brands like the Indigo.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank krysleigh

Our hotel team takes service very seriously as they work very hard everyday to be sure our guest our pleased with thier stay. We will investigate your complaints and I assure you that we will make every effort to resolve the issues rearding your recent stay. Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed 27 January 2012

Excellent downtown Nashville location, great for walking to music scene, Printer's Alley, good restaurants, etc. Hotel lacked WiFi in rooms...in 2012. Wow. WiFi is available in meeting rooms but that's it. Workout room was good, lots of space, machines, free weights. Front desk staff, valet guys were nice and helpful. TV had trouble with powering up or off...almost like it was haunted. Bathrooms were VERY small, not very modern. Hotel is located next to a church or something that has chimes. Trust me you will hear them! Hotel was a little worn but it served its purpose for a business meeting of 2 days.

Room Tip: Away from chimes!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank bamabbc
SteveBo14, General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Nashville-Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2012

Thank you for your comments. As I have stated in previous responses, we are in the process of contract negotiations with AT&T to install wireless throughout the hotel. We certainly understand in today's world the importance of a wireless network and want to offer to our clients and guest.

Reviewed 19 January 2012

I stayed here while in town on business for two nights just outside town so that we could experience down town Nashville in the evening.

The hotel is just a short drive from the airport and we found it easily. Valet parked and checked in with no issues at around 11pm. Cookie was a nice treat before bed.

Room was quite a good size IMO, huge by comparisson to European hotel rooms. Furniture and fabrics all appeared a bit dated. Bed was comfortable and I slept fine. Bathroom was quite compact but functional but also could do with modernising. Shower was a but odd it that you had to pull a knob hidden in the tap to get water up the shower head, easy when you know how.

Only wired internet seemed available in my room.

I did notice a slightly musty smell around the hotel but this was not overly offensive.

Breakfast was great with a fantastic selection and compliementary due to HHonors status.

Didn't eat any other meals in the hotel but we did meet for drinks in the bar which was nice and featured live music.

The real advantage of this hotel is the staff, every member I encountered was extreamly friendly and helpful.

The hotel is just a short walk to Broadway for all the action but they also offer a free shuttle if the few blocks are just too far to walk.

I would probably stay here again if I returned to Nashville.

Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank GeordieEngineer

Thank you for your comments. We are planning an extensive renovation right after Thanksgiving. Hopefully we will be completed by January 15, 2013. We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Reviewed 17 January 2012

I have to say we enjoyed our stay at this hotel. We stayed here from Friday 1/13/12 to Monday 1/16/12. Check-in was quick and easy, and receiving warm chocolate chip cookies along with our room key of course was a plus!

Our room on the 5th floor was very awkwardly shaped, and the bathroom was very tiny. However the room seemed clean and the bed was super comfy! The TV was a nice size but the room did not have a very nice view. Not sure if this hotel has any great views at all, but that's not what I went to Nashville for so it wasn't a big deal.

We noticed right away that our sink did not drain properly. It was actually pretty gross when brushing our teeth, but not anything I felt the need to complain about. I did, however, leave the maid a note letting her know the situation in hopes that she would have it taken care of by someone. She didn't do anything at all, but I really didn't want to go through the hassle of making an issue about something that wasn't a huge deal. Also regarding the maid - We were just finishing packing up our bags on our last day there... Check-out is at 12:00, but the maid was banging on our door at 11:57. I know we were cutting it close, but it was not quite check-out time yet and we did still have the "Come Back Later" sign on the door. Oh well... She saw us zipping our bags and went away after that.

The rest of the staff at this hotel seemed very friendly and helpful. On Saturday night (late), after hanging out at the bars and honky tonks on Broadway, my husband and I were craving those chocolate chip cookies! We asked the man at the front desk if there were any left and he kindly handed us 2 cookies - still warm and delicious, might I add... On Sunday night we were on our way to walk to dinner along Broadway. It wasn't very busy in the hotel at that point, so on our way out the door the valet (his name was Chris) asked us where we were going and then offered us a ride in the hotel shuttle. During the quick drive, Chris gave us restaurant suggestions (as NONE of the restaurants we were interested in eating at were open on Sunday) and he even gave us a coupon for our meal. He was very nice and proceeded to give us his number to call him if we wanted a lift back to the hotel when we were finished. Although we didn't take the ride back to the hotel, his hospitality was much appreciated.

In addition to the staff, the hotel's Starbucks in the lobby was a huge plus! Who doesn't love a Starbucks in their hotel?! We never maid it to the hotel bar, as there were plenty in Downtown, Nashville. We didn't utilize the hotel pool either, but it did look pretty cool.

Overall, we did enjoy our stay at the Doubletree and would stay there again if/when we return to Nashville. Its location alone is reason enough - very quick walk to all the action - but we also had a very good experience with the staff. With a few minor changes (paying attention to detail like the clogged sink), and if the bathroom were larger, I probably would have rated this hotel a 4.5 (if possible on Trip Advisor - Ha!)

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple

We are very proud of our team members and thier dedication to service. I appreciate your kind comments. Thank you.