“Exquisite”

Hermitage Hotel
Ranked #2 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
“Exquisite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2012

The Hermitage Hotel more than met our expectations. The service was outstanding and the accommodations were spectacular. From the moment we arrived until we left each and every employee we came in contact with was courteous, professional and gave the most sincere impression that they loved being a part of The Hermitage. If you are lucky enough to stay at The Hermitage don't miss dinner at the Capital Grill and make sure to peak into the men's room on the lower level.

2 Thank NYTravelerRwe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (278)
Seattle
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2012

I had a recent business trip to Nashville, and though i would book a nice hotel for a 2 night stay.

Whoops.

Perhaps it was just me, but I found the staff to be stuffy and arrogant- when I asked for the simplest things, like maybe a nice view of the Capitol (and surrounding occupy Nashville encampment) as well as an extra towel or two, my request was met with rolled eyes and a terrible attitude.

It looks like the hotel hasn't been redecorated since 1974, and reminded me of a wedding I went to in Oklahoma for a distant cousin years ago. Silk flowers and funky drapes, et. al.

The second day, when I had to run back quickly to the hotel to grab a presentation I had left in my room, I mistakenly parked in the back loading zone, which was a PUBLIC street. Leave it to some guy (Food and Beverage manager??) to come out and ask me how long i would be parked - I told him just a few minutes - which was met with a scowl, and an argument. He told me that it was the Hotel's loading zone, and I informed him that the loading zone was a public street. This "service" oriented fellow wanted to lie and tell me that the hotel actually owned it, and that I could talk about it when the cops came. Nice.

When I got back to the car to head for my meeting, the manager had double parked a US food service truck in the way, so there was no way for me to get out. I left my rental there, and took a cab.

If I were going back to Nashville again, I'd probably stay at a more contemporary hotel like the Hotel Indigo or the Hutton... they seem to be a little more in line with today's standards and looked like they offered a much better attitude and service.

1 star, because my room had a bed. (and an odd smell)

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
13 Thank bret w
Jackson, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 February 2012

My wife and I planned a pre-Valentine escape weekend at the Hermitage and we were not disappointed. Although the day we arrived was miserably cold and windy, the valet met us at our car, greeted us warmly, and began calling us by name after one time. The bell man was right behind him to get our things and walk us inside. He passed us off to another young man who walked us to the counter and introduced us (again by name) to the young lady at the counter for check in. After a very quick check in, the bell man was waiting around the corner to escort us to our room.
We had a king suite room with a sofa and chair, along with a separate bath. We were greeted with nice touches such as fresh fruit and sparkling water, a full ice bucket, and a soothing music CD playing. After we had been in the room for a few minutes, a young lady brought us cookies and bottled water as well. The room was supplied with microfiber robes and even house shoes that were left as part of the turn down service.
We just cannot say enough about the old world luxury and charm of the Hermitage. It is expensive, but being spoiled to this level is sometimes worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view. Our room looked directly in to the Sheraton hotel.
1 Thank Buzz87
Chester
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2012

Spent the first 3 nights of our honeymoon here. Husband called ahead an we were welcomed by our surname and congratulated by everyone (just a little something extra in the room would have been a nice touch especially as there didn't seem to be many others staying!) Expensive but a treat and near to everything - go to Pucketts just round the corner for food, drink and live music!

Room Tip: We had a good view of City Hall
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Emskifletcher
Bowling Green, Kentucky, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

My wife and I celebrated our 2oth anniversary this past weekend and stayed at one of our favorites in Nashville, the Hermitage Hotel. The staff here is top notch and the service is always first rate. The rooms are spacious and grand, love the bathroom!
The location is great and we wwere all over town. Drinks in the Oak Bar with oysters hermitage, then dinner at City House in the Germantown area and then back to the Oak Bar. Our day started at Marche's in East Nashville for brunch then off tot he GUlch area and Two Hippies for shopping (great store and cool stuff) then of the Green Hills for more shopping and a stop at Table3's Market for a treat. Sunday we lounged in the room with coffee and then off to Tin NAgel on Westend for another great brunch and then ot Hill Center for shopping, gotta go to Billy Reid's fro clothes great stuff and a greater sale! Before leaving we hit the Nashville Farmer's Market to pick some great produce up then home!

Room Tip: Do Marche Artisinal Foods on Main, City House in German town and Tin Angel on Westend for sure. Tabl...
Louisville, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 February 2012

We stayed in December. It was the only place in Nashville that would take our little, very old chihuahuas. The hotel was beautifully decorated for the holidays. The service was spectacular from the point of driving up to the hotel through the end of our stay. We own a bed and breakfast inn, so our expectations are high. We were thrilled with our stay in every way. The evening turn down service is excellent, the food is excellent, the staff are all friendly and helpful. We found are three day stay to be spectacular in every way.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Birmingham, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 January 2012

My husband and I spent the weekend in Nashville, and the Hermitage is absolutely wonderful. We would have loved to spend more time at the hotel, but we were visiting our daughter in college, so our schedule was driven by eating / shopping / eating / more shopping / drinking / more eating at all of her favorite hangouts, with friends coming and going constantly. We had a ball! However, the moments we spent at the hotel were truly lovely and relaxing. It is the kind of place that is elegant but still extremely welcoming, and the staff could not have been more friendly or engaging. They have so many special touches that are not advertised - they really go above and beyond. We didn't use valet because we were gone most of the day, but parking 2 blocks away was only $4. vs. $26.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple