New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #3 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
ohio
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2012

We were in town for a weekend getaway, staying at the Hampton Inn Downtown. On our walking around downtown, stopped in the hotel for a look. Beautiful! As we walked in we were approached by Katie, Food and Beverage manager, (I think?) She gave us a great tour of the hotel and told us the history. What a beautiful place. And I had forgot about reading about the "famous men's room" She asked us if we would like to see it. We did! The whole hotel experience was one of the highlights of our trip! She even suggested a visit to Jack Daniels Distillery, as she had been there to taste test and purchase a barrel for the Hotel. We did the Jack Daniels Tour the next day and it was awesome! Will check in to staying here our next trip to Nashville! Beautiful historic hotel!

1 Thank jmarie3

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (267)
Franklin, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

When we checked in to celebrate our 20th anniversary, we noticed a lot had changed at the Hermitage Hotel since our honeymoon in May 1992. Our next visit will be much sooner!

From the first valet we encountered outside, EVERYONE was impeccably friendly, helpful and attentive. I only mentioned our anniversary when making the online reservation, but that was all it took -- we were upgraded to a suite and our tres romantique dinner at Capitol Grille came complete with rose petals. The service was the best I have ever received -- it's clear this is a 5-star hotel. The attention to detail, the BEAUTIFUL room, local gourmet treats with the minibar, the luxurious bath and toiletries, the view of the State Capitol . . . we simply couldn't conjure a better experience. Our concierge, David Andrews, should be cloned and installed in EVERY fine hotel -- this is how it is supposed to be done.

Detroit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2012

An amazing hotel! Only stayed 2 nights, wish it had been 2 weeks. The hotel and room are splendid. The lobby is beautiful and the service meets the Southern tradition of being extremely attentive yet not intrusive. A very friendly place to stay. They gladly provided a small fridge to keep some special champagne cooled

The restaurant mirrored this level of service and excellence. I will certainly return for a longer stay. The location is great for downtown entertainment..

Room Tip: I stayed in room 916. It is a corner room looking directly across to the Capitol.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

I travel a lot. I arrived at The Hermitage after a EWR-->SFO-->ORD-->BNA jaunt over 46 hours. I wanted and needed an early check-in after my redeye flight, to rest up before wedding festivities.

I almost didn't waste a call, I have encountered such attitudes over the years when extraordinary circumstances necessitated such a request of a property. Not at this one. Angela at the front desk had clearly been empowered to deal with real needs of arriving guests— with special situations. When I arrived several hours before the "normal" check-in, I was ushered in to a beautiful room with a spectacular view of The State Capitol, after being warmly greeted by the valet and lobby/front desk personnel. (I am sure they felt sorry for me, I looked so horrible upon arrival. ;-)

The room was beautiful — and a bubble bath was the first thing on the agenda. Fantastic. Also, THE BEST SHOWER I have ever experienced.

Found a hat for the wedding in the great boutique off of the lobby and hands down, the turndown treats....some salty, chocolate-caramel creation....should be marketed by The Hermitage. I still have 24 hours left and am thoroughly enjoying every beautiful amenity The Hermitage offers. Jimmy brought a perfectly prepared room service breakfast this morning and I cannot WAIT for the cocktail party, dinner and dancing downstairs tonight, enjoying the amazing veranda, lobby and ballroom.

I will recommend this topnotch property to everyone I know headed to Nashville. It really stands out, even when measured against the finest hotel chains I've enjoyed.

Room Tip: Request a view of the State Capitol
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed at the Hermitage Hotel in early May for a mid-week getaway and simply were blown away! We knew we were at the top of "class" right when we pulled up, and were greeted by the valets and escorted to the desk by the bellmen. The rooms are very spacious, and the tub is just a real treat! The onion bisque soup in the capitol grille is delicious! Highly recommend it. The valets outside were very helpful the two days we were there in pointing us in the right direction and suggesting where to go. My husband and I will definitely be back in the future! Hopefully sooner than later!

Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 May 2012

My husband and I stayed here for two nights in early May. The hotel is beautiful, the room was very nice, and all the little extras (cookies, slippers, the refreshments in the lobby, etc.) made it a very nice stay. Location is great, staff are very helpful, and the housecleaning did a very excellent job.

I rounded up for my rating, but would give it a 4.5 overall - both my husband and I thought for the price that there should have been even more - I had mentioned when booking that it was my husband's birthday one night. I thought they may have done a little something for that, but no. This is a great hotel for people who like to be waited on. Husband and I discovered that we actually prefer to be left a little bit more on our own - so the valet/bellboy were too much for us.

But all in all, a very nice and luxurious place to stay!

Room Tip: ask for a room higher up and with a nice view
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank K S
Holden, ME
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 May 2012

We stayed for three nights in mid-April at the Hermitage. My initial reaction was "WOW!" - met at the door by a very welcoming doorman, and things only improved from there. The place is the epitome of gracious luxury - and the staff are wonderful. From the doorman to the concierge, the bar staff in the Oak Bar (they make the best martini I've had in years) to the room service staff, they are a solidly professional group of people who made us feel welcome and pampered.

I have to say, the "pillow bar" (we had a choice of 4 different types of pillows, including buckwheat and memory foam styles) is a stroke of genius. The housekeeping was excellent - and I am a very particular about the cleanliness of anyplace that we stay. The bathroom was fantastic - separate water closet, large walk-in shower and a soaking tub that was decadent. All this, and the nightly turn down service included slippers and wonderful little cookies - any coddling that includes cookies makes for very good sleeping!

The location was very good - it was within easy walking of nearly everything that I wanted to do while in Nashville. My husband has stayed at the Hermitage before, but this was my first visit & in the words of a famous military man, we will be back!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business