“Excellent Stay”

Ranked #2 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Peachtree City, Georgia
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 6 June 2012

Our stay in this luxurious hotel was everything we expected. The lobby is spectacular, and our room was spacious, comfortable and extremely clean. Every single person we encountered was friendly but also professional. Highlights of our room: The view from 408--gorgeous, looking right out on the capitol building; the phenomenal shower and bathtub; super-comfy bed linens; coffee in the lobby in the mornings and lemonade with cookies in the afternoon. The location is close enough to walk to the downtown music venues, too.

We had a terrific stay in Nashville, and we can't wait to come back. We will most definitely be staying at the Hermitage next time!

Room Tip: We had a junior suite on the fourth floor (408), which was a corner room with views of the capitol...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PeachtreeMom4

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (282)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 June 2012

Stayed at the Hermitage for 2 nights in May while en route to Memphis from Knoxville. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay - everyone was so nice and helpful: true Southern Hospitality at this hotel. Lobby is breathtaking, concierge is accommodating, and the front desk are very sweet and welcoming. The room was beautiful and comfortable - the bathroom especially, I could live in their bathtub! Hotel is close enough to everything to check out, I like that it's a little more separated -felt very quiet at nighttime. The Oak Room was great for breakfast and even better for dinner. Hotel gift shop had great items and even some locally made handbags, which I found to be a great gift and souvenir for myself. Would definitely stay here when returning to Nashville.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank lbznyc603
ohio
Reviewed 31 May 2012

We were in town for a weekend getaway, staying at the Hampton Inn Downtown. On our walking around downtown, stopped in the hotel for a look. Beautiful! As we walked in we were approached by Katie, Food and Beverage manager, (I think?) She gave us a great tour of the hotel and told us the history. What a beautiful place. And I had forgot about reading about the "famous men's room" She asked us if we would like to see it. We did! The whole hotel experience was one of the highlights of our trip! She even suggested a visit to Jack Daniels Distillery, as she had been there to taste test and purchase a barrel for the Hotel. We did the Jack Daniels Tour the next day and it was awesome! Will check in to staying here our next trip to Nashville! Beautiful historic hotel!

1 Thank jmarie3
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 May 2012

When we checked in to celebrate our 20th anniversary, we noticed a lot had changed at the Hermitage Hotel since our honeymoon in May 1992. Our next visit will be much sooner!

From the first valet we encountered outside, EVERYONE was impeccably friendly, helpful and attentive. I only mentioned our anniversary when making the online reservation, but that was all it took -- we were upgraded to a suite and our tres romantique dinner at Capitol Grille came complete with rose petals. The service was the best I have ever received -- it's clear this is a 5-star hotel. The attention to detail, the BEAUTIFUL room, local gourmet treats with the minibar, the luxurious bath and toiletries, the view of the State Capitol . . . we simply couldn't conjure a better experience. Our concierge, David Andrews, should be cloned and installed in EVERY fine hotel -- this is how it is supposed to be done.

Detroit
Reviewed 30 May 2012

An amazing hotel! Only stayed 2 nights, wish it had been 2 weeks. The hotel and room are splendid. The lobby is beautiful and the service meets the Southern tradition of being extremely attentive yet not intrusive. A very friendly place to stay. They gladly provided a small fridge to keep some special champagne cooled

The restaurant mirrored this level of service and excellence. I will certainly return for a longer stay. The location is great for downtown entertainment..

Room Tip: I stayed in room 916. It is a corner room looking directly across to the Capitol.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
New Jersey
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I travel a lot. I arrived at The Hermitage after a EWR-->SFO-->ORD-->BNA jaunt over 46 hours. I wanted and needed an early check-in after my redeye flight, to rest up before wedding festivities.

I almost didn't waste a call, I have encountered such attitudes over the years when extraordinary circumstances necessitated such a request of a property. Not at this one. Angela at the front desk had clearly been empowered to deal with real needs of arriving guests— with special situations. When I arrived several hours before the "normal" check-in, I was ushered in to a beautiful room with a spectacular view of The State Capitol, after being warmly greeted by the valet and lobby/front desk personnel. (I am sure they felt sorry for me, I looked so horrible upon arrival. ;-)

The room was beautiful — and a bubble bath was the first thing on the agenda. Fantastic. Also, THE BEST SHOWER I have ever experienced.

Found a hat for the wedding in the great boutique off of the lobby and hands down, the turndown treats....some salty, chocolate-caramel creation....should be marketed by The Hermitage. I still have 24 hours left and am thoroughly enjoying every beautiful amenity The Hermitage offers. Jimmy brought a perfectly prepared room service breakfast this morning and I cannot WAIT for the cocktail party, dinner and dancing downstairs tonight, enjoying the amazing veranda, lobby and ballroom.

I will recommend this topnotch property to everyone I know headed to Nashville. It really stands out, even when measured against the finest hotel chains I've enjoyed.

Room Tip: Request a view of the State Capitol
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 17 May 2012

We stayed at the Hermitage Hotel in early May for a mid-week getaway and simply were blown away! We knew we were at the top of "class" right when we pulled up, and were greeted by the valets and escorted to the desk by the bellmen. The rooms are very spacious, and the tub is just a real treat! The onion bisque soup in the capitol grille is delicious! Highly recommend it. The valets outside were very helpful the two days we were there in pointing us in the right direction and suggesting where to go. My husband and I will definitely be back in the future! Hopefully sooner than later!