“Great day of fishing, Billy was excellent!!”

Nashville Fishing Charters - Percy Priest Lake
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We went on a full day trip, off the bat we were catching striper. The trip was very entertaining and also a lot of fun, anytime we come back to Nashville this is on out agenda. The Trip was a blast and caught a ton of fish. It was a great day out on the lake.

There are newer reviews for Nashville Fishing Charters - Percy Priest Lake

Reviewed 30 July 2017 via mobile

Extremely expensive boat ride! Nice enough guide and he tried but we didn't even get a bite.
We added a 5th person to the charter the day before.
Still paid full price for 5 people even though we never had more than 4 lines in the water at any time.
Very, very disappointed 14's and 10 year old. :(

1  Thank Sabrina R
Reviewed 17 July 2017

I have to let you know that albeit fishing and it's fair to expect you might not catch anything, this was my 13th charter with 10 different captains.

I'm remiss for tipping Billy but felt obligated because he told me to on the phone and on his website. Tipping is customary and it's it's a bit unprofessional to push the issue as he does.

These are my observations:

- although you had plenty of gear, you only set 2 lines and trolled with the same Repala's the whole time. I would have expected you try everything to get us hooked up.
- we only tried something different with about 1/2 hour left on the trip and at that he was more concerned about getting back to get your other payment and take off for your family event. I get it you had other obligations but you could have made us feel like you did everything possible and that WE were the customers
- I thought your new boat was great and well equipped you just didn't take advantage of it on our behalf
- When the fish were not biting you started telling us we picked a bad time and it's always slack at that time of day. You should have told me that on the phone. You only added insult to injury.

Enough said. I had decided to let this go but then changed my mind. I found you on the web and am compelled to comment. Certainly I've been skunked on a charter before but never felt so bad about the experience. On a scale of 10, this was a 1.

1  Thank Chip C
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

On a vacation to Nashville we wanted a day away from the museums and bars. Our day fishing on Percy Priest with Captain Roy was awesome. We caught about 15 fish, but since we were staying in a hotel with nowhere to cook them we released all but one. The boat was clean and fast and comfortable. Roy was great with my teenagers and such a joy to spend a day with!

Reviewed 2 June 2017 via mobile

Billy is a great guide, he's very nice and keeps a clean and comfortable boat. All the equipment was in good working order. But the fish just weren't there today.. we caught two fish for the entire trip. Now, you can't blame Billy for that, the fish are either there or they're not. If I had any constructive criticism I would say that after hour 2-3 of no bites , let's try something different. But overall we enjoyed ourselves