“Scott A”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Memphis, Tennessee
“Scott A”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

I've been staying at the Hilton Garden Vandy for work over the past year and a half. It is without a doubt the best bang for your buck in Nashville...let me elaborate. It's located in midtown near the Vandy campus, one of the trendier places in Nashville. It's a free shuttle ride away from downtown (Tootsies, The Stage, Hockey Arena etc.), 15 mins from the airport and loaded with great restaurants, bars and live music venues all within walking distance...by that I mean 2 blocks. More importantly however, the rooms, cleanliness and customer service is equal to a 4/5 Star Hotel. From the sales representatives and the front desk employees to the valet's, I have yet to run into an employee that didn't make me feel extremely welcomed. Each and every one of them will bend over backwards to improve your stay. Whether you're a frequent traveler to Nashville or just vacationing for a couple of days, you can't beat the price, location and customer service of this hotel.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
5 Thank Scott A
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 30 January 2012
Dear Scott A,

Thank you for your Trip Advisor review, we are extremely happy you enjoyed your stay with us.

I have shared your comments with our entire staff, we hope to see you again next time you are here in Nashville.

SIncerely,

Juan C Mera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 January 2012

I just recently had my wedding reception at the Hilton Garden Inn and everything about it was fabulous. The staff was amazing and the accommodations were excellent. My new husband and I stayed the night in the honeymoon suite on the top floor, and the room was perfect. We loved our stay and working with the great staff.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
Dear Jordan K,

On behalf of our entire staff I want to say congratulations to you and your wife on your marriage.

Thank you very much for your Trip Advisor review, we are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us.

Our associates are always anxious to receive feeback from our guests, your comments have been shared during our staff meetings.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.

Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 January 2012

Direct General held their Holiday Party here for the last 2 years and it was awesome. Everything was decorated beautiful. The food was geat. We had everything set up for us so that we didn't have any worries. Hilton Garden Employees were always available throughout the party if anything was needed. We will definately have our party at Hilton again.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear Mary A,

On behalf of our entire staff I would like to say thank you for your great review, we are glad you enjoyed your Holiday party at our hotel.

Your comments have been shared with our entire staff.

We do hope to see you again soon.

Birmingham, Alabama
Reviewed 7 January 2012

We held our wedding reception here and were not pleased with the service we received. One of our biggest complaints is that we were bumped from the honeymoon suite and never told. When we arrived after our ceremony my husband stopped at the front to get our key and was handed the key to a different room. After questioning why we were moved from the room we were promised we found out that someone else had booked the room 6 weeks prior (we had our reception booked 3-4 months prior) and so despite us having it booked before them we were moved to a different room on another floor. This was our welcome to our wedding reception. Looking over reviews on this website it looks like multiple people have been bumped from the rooms they booked in advance so I would just be cautious when booking. "Priority" customers get what they want and it appears to be at the expense of others.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Heather C
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 17 January 2012
Dear Heather C,

Thank you for recently staying with us and having your wedding reception here at our hotel, first of all I want to say congratulations to you and your husband on your marriage, we wish you the best on your new life as a couple.

On behalf of our entire staff I want to express to you how sorry we are you did not get to stay in our honey moon suite, we only have one suite of this kind and I am extrermely sorry it was occupied on the day you stayed here. I can only imagine how dissapointing that was.

It is my understanding that our Sales manager has invited you back to stay with us free of charge, please let me know when you are coming back as I will personally make sure every thing goes smooth with your stay, I will ensure the honey moon suite is available for you and will take care of every detail of your stay.

Once again, congratulations on your marriage and thank you for your trip advisor review, your comments have been shared with all our associates.

Kansas City
Reviewed 6 January 2012

Having stayed in a number of Hilton Garden Inns, I had expectations when I checked in. This hotel exceeded them. If you can get over the twenty bucks for parking (valet or self--same rate), this hotel is a winner.

It's located in the trendy West End neighborhood just west of downtown. You are very close to Vanderbilt University and a number of trendy bars and restaurants.You can walk to the campus or to the bars and restaurants, and the hotel offers a free shuttle service if you're not inclined to walk. The shuttle will also take you downtown to the "District," where all the famous honky-tonks are located.

The hotel is pretty new, so it was in great condition on my visit. Everything in tip-top shape. The room was to HGI standards (so through-wall AC unit is standard, unfortunately). Best thing is the decor was highly Nashville-centric, with lots of local musicians and events featured in the artwork. When you travel a lot, one of best things a hotel can do for you is remind you where you are. This hotel does a good job of that.

Service, courtesy, everything was first rate. Highly recommended. (See my not-so-enthusiastic review of the nearby Indigo West End for a different perspective)

Room Tip: Rooms facing south may have a view of the parking garage...just so you know.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
Grande Prairie, Canada
Reviewed 4 January 2012

By sharing your experiences you're helping travellers make better choices and plan their dream trips. Thank you!
We stayed at this hotel in October for several nights. It was excellent. We found it immaculate, the food was great, not to mention the location. Most of all the customer service was second to none. The staff was very helpful and courteous. We would stay there again in a heartbeat.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 9 January 2012
Dear Val M,

Thank you for your tripadvisor review, I am glad you liked our hotel and enjoyed the food,. Your comments have been shared with our entire staff.

Next time you are in Nashville please stop by and see us again,

Signal Mountain, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 January 2012

We stayed here because my husband was going to have shoulder surgery at a nearby hospital. We chose to stay there because of the free van shuttle service that will take you to and fro a nearby location if you give them a 30 minute pick-up notice. However, I never waited that long for the van and it so convenient to use in a downtown busy area. I did not ever drive while there and when I finally picked up our car in a nearby parking garage, the valet service man escorted me with his umbrella as it was raining. He walked me right to my car in a parking garage behind the hotel without me even thinking of asking him. The amenities were great as they had a nice sized pool and a hot tub that was well-heated. The area was clean and everything worked!! Also, the fitness room had good brand aerobic machines with all new dumb bell sized weights. I am a fitness nut so for me to have good equipment and a clean and heated pool and hot tub area was well worth using after a stressful day at the hospital. Also, the room service was excellent as they went out of their way to help us because again, we had the discomforts of the post-op surgery. The staff at the front desk were accommodating and friendly and everywhere in the hotel I went, the maids, waiters, valet service men, and the managers were very friendly and helpful. The location of the hotel was right near all the restaurants by Vanderbilty University. It was a safe area and within easy walking distance of Westend area and near lots of green space. I highly recommend this hotel to anyone who likes amentities, cleaniliness, and a friendly staff within a very desirable area of downtown Nashville.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
Dear Lisa B,

On behalf of the satff of the Hilton Garden Inn Nashville Vanderbilt I want to say thank you for your tripadvisor review. Your kind comments have been shared with our entire staff.

I do hope your husband is fully recovered from his shoulder surgery and that the next time you folks are here in Nashville is for pure pleasure.

Please come back and see us next time you are here in town as we would love to have you as our guest once again.