“Nice Hotel; Beware of Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt
Ranked #22 of 156 Hotels in Nashville
GreenLeadersBronze level
Naperville, Illinois
“Nice Hotel; Beware of Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Very enjoyable stay, very nice property, however it was farther from the downtown area than I thought (I had assumed that it was walking distance which it is not). They did have a free shuttle to take you downtown and back, but we did wait quite a while for the return trip home.

Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
nashbill, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Nashville/Vanderbilt, responded to this review, 1 April 2012
Dear MK,

Thank you for recently staying with us,

On behalf of our entire staff I want to thank you for your review. You are correct, our hotel is located one mile and a half west of the downtown area and even though I have seen many guests walk that distance I would recommend taking the shuttle.

Your comments have been shared with our staff.

Please come back and see us again next time you are here in Nashville.

Juan C Mera

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (166)
Arichat, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2012

We booked our trip with Expedia and our trip included King rooms with Whirlpools and despite calling ahead two days before arriving and requesting an early check-in(We had left our home airport at 1:00am Nashville time) our rooms were still not ready until after 4:00 pm. My hubby had a bout of the flu the day we were arrived and had to stretch out on the couch in the lobby library. Gerry certainly wasn't very accomodating and eventually put us in a smoking room. We didn't bother mentioning it as heaven only knows what we may have incurred! Upon check-out he motioned us to the other staff member.Having said the above, the rest of the staff were exceptionally efficient and friendly. The shuttle drivers especialliy Jennifer and George went out of their way to accomodate our requests. Kudos to them. The hotel was immaculate and the rooms were spacious. Would I stay again? Certainly not before 4:00pm!!

Room Tip: Don't arrive early as you will have a long wait and be treated rudely
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Marlin121
Dear Marlin121,

Thank for your trip advisor review.

I am very sorry your room was not ready until after 4pm, your comments have been shared with our entire staff specially with those you mentioned.

We do hope you stay with us again next time you are here in Nashville, I will personally make sure every thing goes smooth with your stay, including an early check in.

General Manger
Chattanooga, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2012

We had a corner room on the 8th floor and were treated to a really cool view of downtown Nashville's skyline all night long, not to mention people-watching on the streets below. Bed was comfy as usual, and the TV had a Comcast box with lots of HD channels, a far better channel selection than normal. Only quirk was that we couldn't turn off the closed captions. Also beware that parking isn't free.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Quantro8
Dear Quantro8,

On behalf of our entire staff I want to say thank you for staying with us.

Your awesome review has been shared with our associates and we do hope to see you again next tome you are here in Nashville.

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

Everything about this hotel said "high quality, full service hotel" other than the price (I paid $103 which included breakfast but not the steep $20 for parking).

The place is new and very well thought out. Outlets on lamp next to bed for your phone/alarm clock? - check. Set-it-yourself wake up calls on the phone (and cancel, change any time)? check. Clean, comfortable, spacious room? check. Walking distance to decent restaurants and nightlife? check. free wi-fi, coffee in lobby, etc? check.

I really liked it - it literally met my every need - and I hope to stay again on my next Nashville visit.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank susanjb
Dear Susan JB,

It is always refreshing to read a review such as yours and it is a joy to share it with our staff.

Thank you for staying with us and thank you for your great review.

Please come back and see us again next time you are here in Nashville.

Chicago, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2012

I stayed here for one night on business. It was a standard HGI -- the rooms looked exactly the same as many HGI rooms. That's not a bad thing -- the rooms were relatively spacious, had a nice working area, a good sitting chair, lots of places to plug things in, etc. I don't love the HGI bed (the sheets and duvet are cheap feeling), but the bed in my room was at brand standard, so I can't necessarily blame the hotel for that.

The hotel has a business center. I appreciated that it was well-stocked and easy to use...and free. The gym and pool are decent, too. The gym is pretty small, but it had equipment in good shape and some free weights (not just cardio).

Internet access worked well. I had a brief problem accessing the internet originally, but that was instantly resolved with a call to the front desk.

Location is good. It's relatively close to Vanderbilt and the restaurants, etc. on West End. It's less central to all of that than some competing hotels, but I still walked to dinner, etc., which I enjoyed.

Valet parking was efficient and polite; the price was reasonable.

So, why the average rating instead of very good? Well, when I went to take my shower in the morning, I discovered a broken shower head. The thing nearly fell off and a huge stream of water came off of it during my shower, resulting in terrible water pressure. I find that really irritating; I can't believe that the housekeeper would not have noticed that when she cleaned the shower. So, that was the one dissatisfier.

Overall, though, I'd call that a fluke and would probably consider the property again when business brings me back to the area.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Dear Bmusicman,

Thank you for your trip advisor review, your comments have been shared with our entire staff.

I am very sorry we had a problem with the shower head in your room, the housekeeping department as well as maintenance have been informed of he situation.

We do hope to see you again next time you are here in Nashville.

Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

I must say that the staff of this hotel's front desk was EXCELLENT! Nice surprise for our anniversary with chocolate covered strawberries and sparkling wine.

Good spt for all types of travelers.

Located only a quick shuttle (free) to and from the hotel within 3-5 miles until 10p. Cab oneway to locations near the Bridgestone never over $10 including tip.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Beacuse09,

Thank you for your trip advisor review, your comments have been shared with our staff.

We are glad you found our hotel to be a great choice here in Nashville.

Please come back and see us again next time you are in town.

Memphis, Tennessee
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2012

We stayed at this hotel with a small group of friends. The hotel is close to Vandy and the downtown areas, with a great shuttle service anywhere within three miles. The valet service is very friendly and prompt. parking is a little expensive at $20 per night, but it comes with in and out service. Parking in Nashville is expensive anywhere you go.

The front desk was quick and full of smiles. Our room, while a standard room, was clean and well appointed. The air conditioner was a little loud, and i did hear some hallway noise late at night, but for the most part it was quiet and restfull.

Free coffe in the morning in the lobby was very welcome as were the cookies at the front desk every afternoon.

The breakfast was very good. we did not have any other meals there.

All in all a very competent and friendly hotel.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Rtp1960,

Thank you for your great trip advisor review.

We are thrilled you enjoyed your stay with us, your comments have been shared with our entire staff.

Please come back and see us again next time you are here in town.

Sincerely,'