“Very good for the money”
Review of Econo Lodge North

Econo Lodge North
Ranked #99 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 1 March 2012

We have stayed at this motel 6 times in the last 4 yrs on trips to or through Nashville and yes the area is not the best but never had a problem or seen a problem there either.
Rooms have always been clean or not cleaned if you ask. To much to do in Nashville to even use the pool.
No it is not a 5 star but a very good 2 star is what they rate it as. Every stay has been a quit one even new years 2011 when we stayed for 8 days. Bus picks up right in front of motel and will take you down town for little cash.
All in all we will keep staying there till we find our retirement house down there.
RFDTV is just across the road to the north. North Star productions or something like that.

Room Tip: If it is just the 2 of you get the king rooms down east of the pool. Less parking traffic
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 31 January 2012

We were a little disappointed in the neighborhood. The hotel was in the fast food section right on the outside of a moderately bad area. It was okay for one night and a decent price, but I would have rather paid $20 more and been in an area where we felt safer. The room was comfortable and clean enough. Don't count on using the continental breakfast, it was just a couple dry cereals and a pot of coffee. While the inside of the room was okay, we just felt unsafe there. Unless you're just stopping for a quick 8 hours of needed sleep, I wouldn't recommend it.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2012

The family/owner has taken a lot of care to make this Econolodge acceptable. I was concerned about the safety of the place and the area. I drove around the neighborhood after checking in, and decided I would simply go to Wendy's which is in front of the motel. Reception was pleasant, the room was clean. Bed was comfortable, too. Wireless was OK - a little slow, but it worked. It had a refrigerator and a microwave. One downside was I had to walk to the office for coffee - no in-room service. I skipped the continental breakfast because it looked lame. Be advised that there is a hefty tax on rooms in Nashville. My room rate for 1 was $35.90 + 15.25% tax + $2.50 per day room charge. Total came to $43.87. I was there on January 16, 2012, it was cold and rainy. However, I didnotice that for warmer months there was a very nice pool area available.

Room Tip: Rooms to the left of the office are quieter. Less street traffic and noise.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Econo lodge is really not my favorite brand but when you search a reasonnable quality price, you have'nt always choice and on Nashville, tn, it was like that.
Seen the good comments and we decide to try... In the perimeter of nashville, the place was safety and entering at the reception, I knew what kind of people I was going to meet.... there was a curry smell....
No surprise but good surprise with a great courtesy behind a glass window as in a bank.... they are welll protected against attacks I wonder....
bedrooms are well decorated and cleaned ... and we were satisfied for this choice. Brekfast stood at the reception desk with always the curry perfume.... currious with the muffins.... but why not.... we can call that travelling experience....
A good deal for less than $40 !!!!

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 November 2011

I don't have particularly happy memories of my couple of days in Nashville. It never helps when you arrive somewhere and it's raining but sometimes, if you arrive at a really nice hotel your cheer up and think things aren't so bad.... this wasn't one of those occasions!

This motel is a few miles from the centre of Nashville. There's certainly not much that I would want to do within walking distance (I didn't want to walk much further than my room to my car!)

The staff on arrival were friendly. I didn't really see them at any other time.

Breakfast was well stocked but there isn't really a place for you to eat it. It was raining the first morning I stayed so I didn't particularly want to lug my food across to my room.

The room was OK. Large and well furnished. HOWEVER, and this I found MOST concerning, the chain on the door of the room was BROKEN. As a solo female traveller, I really felt quite vulnerable. I slept with a chair wedged under my door!

I'm not the most nervous traveller in the world but simple things make me feel a lot safer.

You always hope that when you pay budget prices, you might be pleasantly surprised with what you get. In this case, I definitely wasn't.

Nashville itself, I'm sure it's a much better city in good weather! I enjoyed my trip to the Country Music Hall of Fame and RCA Studio B. I also did a self-guided tour of the Capitol. I wish I'd had more time to see Ryman Auditorium and the Grand Ol' Opry but I was kind of keen to leave Nashville quite quickly.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank FiBenn
Reviewed 30 July 2011

So cheap, nice rooms, and comfy beds. The staff was so nice even a delicious breakfast. What more could you ask for?
My family LOVED the pool also not too cold not too warm

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
4  Thank lexiejcasey
Reviewed 21 July 2011

This hotel is a great value. The room was clean and the staff was nice. It is located just off the interstate and within minutes to the Opry Area. We found our spot for our next Nashville trip!!!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family