“Educational and a good value.”
Review of Gray Line Tours

Historic Tennessee - Southern Plantations and Presidents
Ranked #24 of 86 Tours in Nashville
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Gray Line Tennessee and Music City Double Decker & Trolley Hop has been showing off Nashville since 1972! With over 20 tours to choose from including the Music City Trolley & Double Decker Hop there is truly a tour for everyone! Whether you want to see the filming locations of the hit TV Show Nashville, go backstage at the Grand Ole Opry, or explore the outskirts of the city and see why so many stars call Nashville home, we have an experience for you!
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities, Wheelchair access
Reviewed 30 January 2012

We did the "Discover Nashville" tour for $47 per person, which includes entry to the Country Music Hall of Fame and the Ryman which would be $20 and $13 respectively. So in reality for $14 you get picked up from your hotel, views of the "Parthenon," Vanderbilt, Music Row, Studio B, Bicentennial Mall, downtown, and an informative, stale joke telling tour guide. He was a very nice guide. It is a good value for what you get, but what you don't get and/or can't get is a tour of Studio B and backstage of the Ryman Auditorium. If those two things aren't important, then this tour is a good deal. The tour takes about 3 1/2 hours, which includes about an hour in the hall of fame and 45 minutes in the Ryman. There is not too much walking involved. Bring your own drink, but food and drink are available at the hall of fame if you finish the tour early.

2  Thank TheSots

Reviewed 7 January 2012

It was our first trip to Nashville so we decided to get on the tour to learn a bit about Nashville. I am so happy we did it on our first day. Our tour guide was so energetic, fun, knowledgeable, and excited to be there! We did the trolly tour which took us all around Nashville. Our guide pointed out colleges, parks, historic sites, great restaurants, and celebrity homes. It was a lot of fun and definitely worth it!

Reviewed 5 January 2012

Driver (Andrew) is a native of Nashville; he spoke on good microphone informed us all highlights of city, and drove carefully while doing so. I was impressed by lovely view of statehouse atop hill. Andrew ensured tourists could take pictures as he stopped at some exhibits. He gave good explanations (on new on-going construction; and some places that were gone/torn down).
All during ride, he was interesting and witty/funny - which made me relax; I enjoyed tour.
Bus was warm, seeing outdoor temp's were low, at only approx. 48o. Tour lasted approx. 45 min. to an hour; Tour was reasonably priced at $15.00 per adult.
Note to TripAdvisor site: "Who did you go with? question" -my reply: Family -Adult Daughter who lives in Smyrna,GA. So you can omit word, "Teenager". Thanks. Lady from MA wrote this.

1  Thank Gwen_SWilmington_MA
Reviewed 3 January 2012

My friends and I don't usually do tours, but we wanted something to do during the day and our hotel recommeded a Gray Line tour. Some of my friends were reluctant, but I got them to do it anyway. :) Good thing too! We all had a fantastic time!
We got to see the Ryman and the Country Music Hall of Fame- to of the must do things in Nashville I found out because of this tour.
Our guide was knowledgeable and funny. It was acutally a good deal to because of the admission costs.
I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 2 January 2012

I want to tell you that I do not normally write reviews. However, we went to Nashville last week and took a tour called the Hop On Hop Off tour with Gray line tours. It was so informative and really made the whole vacation worthwhile since we had inside information about so many things in the area. The guide was quite courteous and extremely knowledgeable. Because it was such a good bargain we made two other tours with Grayline. I recomment going on the Hop On Hop Off tour and the Homes of the Stars tour. Way to go GrayLine!! Omar