“"A Must for Music Lovers"”

Walkin' Nashville - Music City Legends Tour
Ranked #4 of 88 Tours in Nashville
More attraction details
Owner description: Established July 2012. Hank, Johnny, Chet, George, Tammy, Conway, Loretta, Dolly, Willie . . . There was a time when country music was on a first name basis with its fans. A time when the streets of downtown Nashville were alive with the sound of backroom guitar pulls, Midnight Jamborees and the Grand Ole Opry. Now you can recapture the magic of this golden era on the Walkin' Nashville Music City Legends Tour. Packed with history and behind-the-scenes anecdotes about your favorite country legends, this 90-minute walking tour tells the real story of how Nashville came to be called Music City. You'll see Printer's Alley, The Ryman Auditorium, Tootsie's Orchid Lounge, Ernest Tubb Record Shop and Hatch Show Print.Your friendly guide is Grammy-nominated journalist and musician, Bill DeMain. A longtime resident of Nashville, he will show you hidden corners of the city not found in any guidebook and tell you stories you won't hear on any other tour.From APRIL - OCTOBER, tours run Tuesday, Thursday-Saturday. From NOVEMBER - MARCH, tours run Friday & Saturday only (weekdays available by special arrangement for groups of 8 or more)Start Time: 10:30 AM (Please arrive 10-15 minutes early to check in)Tour Length: Approx. 2 Hours
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Bill, the walkin' man, is a cornucopia of country and rock music history. On the tour you will see famous honky tonks such as Tootsie's Orchid Lounge,where many artists got their start. I even found out about the history of "Nudie." (Don't know what that is? Take the tour!) Bill also gave us some excellent suggestions about where to eat and see live music. We chose one of his recommendations-- The Listening Room Cafe--and it did not disappoint.

Reviewed 28 June 2017 via mobile

When we first arrive at our meeting place, Bill took the time to talk to each of the people on the tour. He told stories along the tour that were interesting and really showed his knowledge of the history of country music. We were also impressed that, he sent a follow up email. It started with a thanks you and included, a link to his Facebook, his Spotify playlist, recommended books on country music, many You Tube links relevant to things we talked about on the tour. We were happy that he also included a link to one of the books he wrote Sgt. Pepper at Fifty. Stop reading all these great reviews...just schedule your walking tour with Bill... you won't be disappointed!!!

Reviewed 27 June 2017 via mobile

My only regret was taking the tour on my last day in Nashville, instead of my first. You can tell Bill not only knows his stuff, but is passionate about everything music. I would highly reccommend!

2  Thank Amanda P
Reviewed 24 June 2017 via mobile

Loved, loved, loved this tour. I liken it to having a nice long lunch with a delightful interesting person whose career path has filled him with stories to tell that bring Nashville alive. Nashville grew for me in depth and breadth and ignited a desire to know more. I feel like I've grown as a person. Thank you, Bill! I highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 18 June 2017 via mobile

This is Bill's tour, and he sure knows his stuff. He's both a musician and a writer, successful on both counts, and his passion for country music is clear. His depth of knowledge is impressive, and he's also just a very pleasant guy. One of the most informative tours I've been on.