“42 ounce porterhouse”

Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed October 24, 2016 via mobile

Amazing dinner with group of five. We shared the 42 ounce porterhouse, medium, and it was seasoned and cooked perfectly. Also shared the seafood plate and several cheeses. Perfect meal, great service with Wayne. Highly recommend going with a larger group and sharing this steak.

Reviewed October 22, 2016 via mobile

The Old Hickory Traditional Steakhouse has a great salad, steak, and all the trimmings. Clean with very good service.

Reviewed October 19, 2016

With a recently updated menu, we had a wonderful time trying new items! We started with the seared scallops and bone marrow appetizers. Although the marrow frightened some of the less adventurous diners, those of us who did partake enjoyed this delicacy with toast points and cherry butter. The toast points didn't need all the seasoning they added...we much preferred the plain pretzel bread so that the flavor of the marrow and cherry butter could be highlighted. Since this is a steakhouse, I enjoyed a filet that was amazingly tender and cooked to perfection. They have many sauces to accompany the steaks. I chose a mushroom sauce which was a bit salty. The steak was seasoned so well that it really didn't need a sauce. The accompanying sides we chose were the peas with crispy lamb lardons (...delicious!), the mashed potatoes and fries with truffle butter for the less adventurous. The wines were wonderful, although the Moscow Mule I had before dinner was less than stellar (I believe they used ginger ale as opposed to ginger beer). Service was amazing! I appreciate a wait staff that is conscientious of a dinner party's conversation and interjects only when appropriate. Wonderful experience!

1  Thank keysgirl4
Reviewed October 19, 2016 via mobile

Hotel receptionist messed up reservation for 6 people on a very crowded evening. However, terrific Maitre D and hostess did their best to seat us reasonably sitting "outside" with water cascades and lush foliage. Glass dome roof reflected lights and more. All was really wonderful. Bread basket and butter were yummy. (We liked crab cake appetizer, but lettuce wedges much better). Steaks were perfect as were the potatoes, mac & cheeses and other sides. Wine suggestions included a fabulous California blend. Chocolate cake with birthday candle and song from our waiter Anthony made it a perfect evening.

Went back for drinks the next day and the lovely Wine/ Cheese sommelier made great suggestions for lite bites and wine. Cheese suggestions and plating were really great too.

As jaded NY foodies and travelers, we were very impressed with the restaurant, the food and wonderful staff.

1  Thank Sheryl B
Reviewed October 18, 2016

I really wanted to love this restaurant. It comes highly recommended by the hotel staff, and the atmosphere is certainly endearing.

I had a reservation for 5:15 (they open at 5). It was not busy. I arrived at 5:10 and was told they were 'seating on time' and to take a seat at the bar, or on the patio. I sat on the patio, in plain view of the host. I was not acknowledged again until 5:22. There was only one other person waiting to be seated. And the restaurant did have full staff. There were less than 15 people in the restaurant, which holds probably several hundred. When the hostess collected me, there was no mention of delay and no acknowledgement that I had been waiting whatsoever. The hostess had seen me when I arrived.

After being seated, it took an additional 7 minutes before any staff approached me.

Once the waiter arrived, service was good. Tony was pleasant, friendly, informative, and honest about food choices. He provided good service, as did his co-server. This was the best part of the entire experience and the reason I've given a 3/5.

I ordered the Iceberg salad with Buttermilk dressing - it was quite delicious. Steak filet and scallop. They were simply average. Nothing memorable. Nothing that would cause me to want to return. Prices were exorbitant for the quality of the main course. Dessert was a creme brulee - quite nice - but again, nothing unique, despite the attempt for southern charm by placing a few tired slices of peaches and cream on the side.

It's really a shame that this establishment cannot deliver a more exciting dining experience. The prices are absolutely not commensurate with the quality, and the service was inconsistent (although the wait staff did make-up for the lack in many areas).

3  Thank TravellerDavy