“Motel from HELL....”

Ranked #92 of 155 Hotels in Nashville
Alexander City, Alabama, United States
“Motel from HELL....”
Reviewed 24 April 2012

Me and 2 friends booked a 3 night stay at knights Inn on 99 spring street,but arrived a day early, around 9:00 pm,got us a room,went around to the back only to run into a undercover sting at our motel.We drove around until it was over,I then ask the cop their if this was a bad part of town,he said the worst in Nashville,all kinds of drugs,crack cocaine and prostitution.He ask if there was any children with us,and I told him no,he said good you ladies go to your room and don't come back out tonight,fine somewhere else in the morning,call if we need them.So we did stay in our room after getting the nice young man to move us to the first floor.Around 12:00am we hear fussing and cussing down the hall,we call and have the guard check it out,it got quite,around 2:00 they were at our door doing the same thing again,this time we didn't call afraid they would damage our car or us.I called my daughter and she found me and my friends a better place and safer,we paid double for it but it was so worth it,the room at knights Inn was run down,and had a very bad odor to it,plastic on the bed that was very noisey,nasty stained up towels and sheets.My friend cut her leg on the bed and the man in the office acted like he didn't want to give her a bandage for it.I would have felt safer sleeping on a park bench..You should not be allowed to book this place on line.The so called gaurd ,said we would be safe he was there,I could have taken him down myself.PLEASE CHECK IT OUT BEFORE BOOKING,,,,

Room Tip: Find another motel far from this side of town...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
7 Thank Terresa B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 16 April 2012

I will say it wasn't up to par. The toilet seat hinge was broken (but the seat was still functional). The electricity outlet by the vanity wasn't working. The carpet was in need of changing...as was the bed spread. And the bathtub drain was very, very slow.
That said, it was exactly what I was looking for. I realized that the defects were the reasons the rates were so reasonable. I was only looking for a place to sleep while visiting my nephew. And this hotel easily met my standards for an economical place to stay, and that is:
1) the bedding was clean.
2) The bathroom was very clean, the room generally clean, the microwave and
refrigerator was immaculate.
3) There were no cockroaches.
4) It was conveniently close to where I wanted to be...and that's downtown, where the
nightlife and attractions are.

I was also impressed that there was someone who walked the parking lot at night and kept watch to keep out the riff raff - drugs, prostitution and all. And the hotel staff was very nice.

I read the reviews before I booked, and the hotel was everything I needed. I would definitely recommend the hotel to friends who find the same things important that I do. And I'll stay again!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with cheaprooms.com

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 16 April 2012

It was clean, it was accessible and not far from town. Staff were good. Beds were comfortable. It was really good value at $42 a room too. I had read all the comments, and sure, it's not top of the line or anything, but what do you expect for this kind of price? It was just what we wanted. Thanks Patel family. I think you run a great place.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 April 2012

I stayed at the Knight's Inn for one night last week and got a terrible case of bed bugs. The motel's staff appeared unsurprised to hear about the infestation, and I do not have high hopes that they have addressed this disgusting situation.

DO NOT STAY HERE!!!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
8 Thank ELizabeth P
90jamesp, Manager at Knights Inn Nashville Downtown, responded to this review, 18 April 2012
We called our pest control company to check the room you stayed in for bed bugs.They informed us that there were no bed bugs in the room you stayed in.We have have rented the same to other guests and have had no complaints on bed bugs.

Travellers are raving about these Nashville hotels

Halifax, MA
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I went to Nashville to spend a weekend with my son at Vanderbilt. I chose the Knights Inn because it wasn't that far from campus and it was very reasonably priced.

When I checked in, the Patel's greeted me and made me feel very welcome. They honored the low rate I had booked online without any issue.

I had read the reviews before and was a little nervous. I was very happy and relieved when I saw my room. The room I got had clearly been renovated recently. The bathroom was new. The fridge and the microwave in the room were a nice touch and the fridge worked perfectly. The room was clean and smelled clean. The AC worked perfectly.

It looks like there are other rooms currently under renovation as there were contractors doing a few rooms while I was there. The work was just in the day and didn't disturb me at all.

There is free wifi and it worked very well. The location is very close to the downtown area and right off of the highway.

I will be returning to visit Nashville for at least the next 2 years and i will not hesitate to stay here again.

Room Tip: I had room 119 which is away from the parking lot. Very quiet.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank ecmmmm
We thank you for staying with us.We are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us and will come and stay with us many times.
Reviewed 2 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel after a night in Nashville and was pleasantly surprised. The price point ($50 including all taxes found via internet special) was great, so I thought it might be seedy. My room was on the ground floor, had brand new carpet, a small fridge and microwave and was freshly painted / newly remodeled. It was spotless, but the bed was a little uncomfortable. That's fine. For the price, I'll live with t. There was free wifi which actually worked. BONUS!

Room Tip: Non-smoking ground room floors seem to be newly remodeled.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Jeannettescape
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 30 March 2012

The staff here was great. They were very accommodating and always made themselves available. It was a great value and it was in a really good location. The beds were comfortable and the rooms were clean.

Stayed March 2012, travelled solo