Lowest prices for your stay
Marriott Bonvoy member rate available
Stan Z
Winnipeg, Canada

Very unpleasant memory

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Jan 17, 2024via mobile
We have been travelling for the past 6 days stopping at a different Marriot hotel each night. With the exception of this hotel, all the others offered us 2 complementary bottles of water at check in. This one did not. When we got to our room, there was a bottle of water on the desk. No note beside it. We figured that was the hotel’s way of comping us some water. Well, to my shock and amazement, when I looked at the bill for our stay, we had been charged $5 for that bottle. I called the hotel to verify and the rude, abrupt person who answered the phone merely said, “that’s the way it is and there’s nothing I can do about it.” If you drink the water, you pay. I don’t care about the $5, it’s the principle of the issue. For that $5, this hotel has lost a customer who would otherwise have booked there for the drive home.
Date of stay: January 2024
    C$448
6.7 km from Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Airport
Restaurant
View more hotels in Nashville
All reviews nashville airport front desk room was clean close to the airport an airport hotel an early flight light sleeper enjoyed my stay opry mills shuttle service lobby properties
Selected filters
Reviewed January 3, 2024 via mobile

As the title says, I believe this hotel has the bones to be one of the best hotels in the area, particularly the Nashville airport area, especially for value. It's a good hotel all around. Under the premise that it's a value hotel, it's still very good at delivering what it's supposed to. It's clean. My room was very clean. No complaints there. The property is clean in general. The rooms are what you'd expect. They aren't modern but also not dated. There's decent space. The property itself looks well taken care of and a place that you'd generally want to stay. The facade of the building is actually very nice. There's a nice pool area. My room actually overlooked the pool area so I could tell is was very nice, even resort like. However, it was too cold to actually use it. The gym seemed adequate as well. My main criticism of this place that prevented me from giving it a 5 is the plumbing. I believe the plumbing in this hotel needs some updating. The shower took an eternity to get hot. Even when I'd turn it on to the hottest setting and it finally got hot enough to get into the shower, which would be at least 5 minutes, it still wouldn't get that hot, even at the hottest setting. Then, out of no where I'll get bursts of blistering hot water. Then, I'd have to turn it down, even a hair, and it would go completely cold, and so on I'd have to navigate this maze of shower temperature control. The same goes for the sink water. It wasn't even a one-off. This was every shower. It was impossible to have a relaxing shower. The toilet refilling after a flush was also abnormally loud. I also overheard a nearby room having a maintenance person come by to fix a blockage in their room. This plumbing situation was my major criticism. A minor criticism was that the walls were a little thin. Truth be told, staying around the airport area, noise is going to come from somewhere. I stayed at the nearby Cambria hotel (more on this in a second) and while the walls were not thin, planes landing provided all the noise you needed every now and then. With that being said, the walls at this Courtyard are quite thin. You'd be able to hear a conversation and vice versa quite clearly from an adjacent room. One more positive I'll add is the check out time which is 12pm. That's one of the better check out times of any hotel in the area. Most are 11am. I'm a Marriott gold member so I can get a late checkout if needed but the normal checkout time was adequate enough. All in all I still found this to be a comfortable stay. I wouldn't mind staying here again. Price wise I believe it is in line with many similar hotels in the area. Like I mentioned earlier, my first three days on this trip were at the Cambria hotel, which ended up being one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at regardless of price. It also happened to be slightly cheaper than the Courtyard. The Cambria is almost an outlier. If it's even close prise wise, Cambria is the hotel to stay at in this area no matter which one you are comparing it to. However, given the right price, and especially if you're a Marriott member with status, this Courtyard definitely wouldn't be a bad option either.

Date of stay: December 2023
Reviewed November 28, 2023

Hotel is in a good location, internet is very poor but the management and service from the employees (not room service staff). from the check-in (front desk) to the bistro staff extremely rude and annoyed at life. if you do not want to work, then leave but paying customers should not pay for your frustration. charging a full nights fee for early check out is absurd (marriott policy or not). the hotels have the option to change or charge nominal fee but rest assure i wont be staying here again.

Room tip: Stay at the hilton or Sonesta up the road. Better service. charging for parking is also absurd for a courtyard.
Date of stay: November 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Megan Gill, General Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Nashville Airport, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2023

Good morning,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us. Your experience with our staff service is not up to our standard. To prevent this in the future, can you elaborate on the behavior our staff presented to you?

Providing the highest level of hospitality is our number one priority and I sincerely apologize for falling short of your expectations. I have shared your feedback with the front desk leadership team, so we can do our best to ensure this does not occur again.

As a result of my review of your experience, I can rebate the early departure fee. I would need your reservation number to rebate the cost. Once again, thank you for taking the time to share your experience.

We hope to see you again and appreciate how loyal you have been with our hotel. Feel free to let me know if there is anything we can do to make your next stay a memorable one.

Megan Gill
Assistant General Manager
Courtyard Nashville Airport
megan.gill@marriott.com

Reviewed October 4, 2023

This Marriott property has the best staff I have encountered at a Marriott property. Everyone from the night auditor, to the day time front desk staff, the security guard, and the staff in the restaurant/barista were extremely friendly, professional, and helpful!
The rooms and property were very clean, spacious, and comfortable. Well done!!

Date of stay: September 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed July 23, 2023

Great place to park and fly. We are Elite members and found the amenities acceptable. We loved the convenience of the shuttle and the parking! The pool and rooms were clean and well maintained. The location was close to the airport and the provided coffee when we left at 5 am.

Date of stay: July 2023
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed July 10, 2023 via mobile

My husband has ambassador status. So we decided to stay here for one night before all of our friends come the next day. My husband reached out to the hotel before we left to see if the shuttle was available to grab us from the airport. They asked us when should we be arriving and took down his name and number and told him where we should meet it. With in 20 minutes when we arrived it showed up and the guy was ready in case he needed to call us. This hotel is very close to the airport. Hotel was very clean they gave us an upgrade due to his status. To bad it was for one night nice living area away from the bed. We ate dinner down stairs food was okay. I love eating at a courtyard when we have a chance. My husbands meatballs were cold and there was only 1 person working. So he is taking care of ordering, getting drinks and cooking. Everything came out slow including getting a beer. Breakfast was a different story 2 people working. Food and coffee came out fast.

Date of stay: June 2023