Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane)
Ranked #92 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
“An OK hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2011

This particular Holiday Inn Express has a decent location, but is not the typical build of a HIX. The front desk personnel indicated that the property is over 20 years old and has been quite a few other chains/independent hotels before converting to a HIX. If carrying a bit of luggage, it's not easy to access the elevators due to having to climb steps. The lobby is accessed at the second level from the elevator, and the first level of the hotel is under ground. That is where the business center, workout center, etc, are located. The rooms are very spacious, but the decor is worn and the carpet old. At check-in, we had to wait briefly for clean rooms, even though it was 4pm. Water and snacks presented to us since Platinum with Priority Club. Service was good, breakfast was chaos in the morning.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2011

We stayed here and have come to expect a certain standard from the HI Expresses. This was disappointing. I did laundry here and noticed that the lower level definitely has a musty odor to it. I would have been unable to stay on the lower level. The decor definitely falls short of the usual HI Expresses. The pool area is outdoors and is small. On the upside, our room was spacious, everything work, and appeared clean. The staff was great!!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
Stephanie J, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this review, 29 September 2013
Thank you for taking a moment to give us your feedback on your recent stay with us. The Holiday Inn Express I-40/I-24 is a convenient location in Nashville and I'm glad to hear our location worked for you. Thank you for your honest feedback on the WiFi, so we have the opportunity to look into the issue and resolve it. I do apologize it was slow during your stay. Despite the problem i'm glad you were able to still be accommodated by us. Thanks for your feedback and business. We hope to be service to you again in the future, if your travel plans bring you back to Nashville.

Stephanie Jones
Navarre, Florida
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 July 2011

I really wanted to like this hotel and it has some points, but overall, I was disappointed. The location is convenient, but the neighborhood isn't so great. The staff was super efficient and very nice. The rooms were clean and the beds were okay.

HOWEVER, this hotel is so shabby. So many things need updating. It looks like some things have been done. The vanity in the bathroom was new and nice, but it dominated the tiny bathroom. The TV looked new. But, carpet throughout was OLD. There were cracks and water stains on the walls. The AC was loud. Furniture was well worn. Biggest problem was the dampness. The air in the room felt constantly damp.

You can't unload baggage through the front door, because there are steps up to the elevator level. Steep driveway would be treacherous in winter. Because of the hill, lobby and elevator are on the second floor. Evidently the first floor is a basement.

I hope this hotel gets renovated and updated. The staff is great and the place is convenient.

• Stayed July 2011
San Diego, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 March 2011

Very clean, good service, nice rooms, quality mattress and the usual Holiday Inn Express breakfast.
Very, very pleased and ideal location for flying out of Nashville International Airport....only about 3 miles away from the airport terminal. Good wi fi internet connection which for this business traveler is essential.

Will not hesitate to come back to this hotel

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Bruges, Belgium
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2011

Clean rooms, friendly & professional welcome. But rooms smell very musty unfortunately. Old hotel with fresh layer of paint and new beds.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2010

I recently stay in this hotel and I was a ok hotel. The staff was nice and the breakfast was really bad. I will probably will not stay in this hotel again. If you are looking for a cheap option then stay here because the rate are good.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
philadelphia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 October 2009

I hotel was very clean and comfortable. The complementary breakfast was very tasty and a lot of variety. It is in very close proximity (5 minute walk) to the downtown bars and attractions. For the price, it's a nice place and I would stay there again.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple