All reviews gave us bottled water pancake machine waffle house across the street fresh cookies free breakfast outdoor pool the hotel is clean would stay here again short drive biscuits and gravy front desk staff grand ole opry downtown interstate uber platinum bathtub
Reviewed December 23, 2016 via mobile

I was skeptical of the hotel due to a bad review but we checked in. The staff was friendly and very helpful. The hotel was clean and upgraded. The room, we stayed in a suite, was great. Everything was clean and nice. The bed and pillows were incredibly comfortable. Free wifi had a good speed, able to stream movies. Free breakfast was good and there were plenty of options to make most anyone happy. Def recommend this hotel if you're in the area or looking to visit downtown Nashville and save a little money. Uber was a cheap way to get downtown.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed December 19, 2016

wasnt the cleanest hotel around but the rooms were clean and staff was friendly. was less than half the price of the one downtown so we saved money by staying here. about a $10 cab to Broadway street. If your penny pinching not a bad place at all. was actually here for new years a few years back though but it doesnt let me put it that far.

Date of stay: December 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed November 22, 2016

My husband and I stayed here for one night on October 9, 2016 and we had roaches in our room! I called the front desk and was told we would not be charged for the room. Neither one of us slept much that night and we put everything in the car except for the necessities. We refused to eat the continental breakfast thinking if the rooms were infested then the Food Area had to be also. Needless to say when we received our credit card bill we found they did charge us for sleeping with the roaches! I contacted the hotel and was told they did offer $10 off due to our inconvenience! Really?? The manager was in a meeting and we were told to leave a voice message for a return call to discuss the issue and was offered half off the room charge. Sorry but I was originally told there would be no charge so I feel a bad review will maybe hit them where it hurts and shame on them for charging people to stay with roaches.

Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank blondeewv
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2016

Dear blondeewv,

Thank you for taking time to share your experience with us. I am sorry to hear that you did not fully enjoy your time in our hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and would like to follow up with you. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you very soon.

Best Regards,

John O
Case Manager
IHGService

Reviewed November 6, 2016 via mobile

I am a ihg spire elite member. I travel many days a year. There are many ihg properties in this area. Don't stay at this one. I have never been treated so rudely by the guy at the front desk. There were 2 of us checking in and we both thought the same thing. He never greeted us as a spire elite member and proceeded to tell us his the program was. I have been a member since 1997 so I know how the program works. I requested a roll in shower room because I have had a stroke and can't step over in a tub. I still have my confirmation email saying this is the room I requested but when I got there he had me in a regular room. And he acted like it made him mad when I said I had requested a roll in shower room. The hotel is very nice clean and up to date. I just hope you don't get the guy that checked us in.

Date of stay: November 2016
Trip type: Travelled with friends
hexsnash2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded November 7, 2016

Terri W.
I am so very sorry to hear of the experience you had during your stay at our hotel! I wish I could have spoken with you prior to you leaving so I could apologize in person to you!!!! I have checked farther into your concerns and am in the process of addressing them and getting answers to this conversation. In reference to the points for the 2nd room. My understanding was that someone else was going to be paying for the room. In this case - for IHG rewards points - in order to receive the points for the stay - the room is to be in the members name and the member is to pay for the stay. I am very sorry if this process has not been the same for you throughout the brand. However, the associate was correct in stating that if someone else paid for the room - the points would not be applied. But I will apologize for any rude presentation in how this was explained. I also would like to apologize for the issue with the room type. It appears that based on the Spire membership status your room was upgraded. I am so sorry that we were not able to accommodate the requested room type for you. I would love for you to give us another chance when you come back through the area - please reach out to me directly. - email is hexsnash@gmail.com

Reviewed November 1, 2016

Lots of changes to this hotel. Lobby is outstanding now. Location is the reason I stay here. Always friendly staff and if you travel around the Nashville area, Hwy access is fantastic. Nice outdoor pool and clean grounds.

Room tip: Rooms at the back are quieter but front rooms are good too.
Date of stay: October 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
hexsnash2, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Nashville - I-40 & 1-24 (Spence Lane), responded to this reviewResponded November 4, 2016

Steve B.

YEAH!!! I am so happy to see your great comments about our hotel and excited to hear that you love our new renovations! And of course our location and awesome team just adds to that!! Thank you for staying with us! We look forward to your return!!!