“Clean but plain Jane hotel”

Baymont Inn & Suites Nashville Airport/ Briley
Ranked #109 of 159 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 16 September 2011

The rates are reasonable, the place is clean and quiet (all are important to me). However, I travel on a regular basis and find this hotel to be the first in many years, not to have a frig. and microwave in the room. There is space in the standard room for both. These are important, as I bring yougurt, drinks, etc., and occasionally leftovers that I want to keep cold, and possibly reheat. The only fruit on the breakfast bar was oranges, and they did not look appealing. The key(s) did not work on the first room assigned to me. After three tries with reissued keys, I asked for another room. After all was said and done, I finally got settled in. This is a great bear bones location, but I think I will spend a few extra bucks on the next stay. I am disappointed as it is one of the hotels in the Wyndham rewards program.

Room Tip: Rooms in the back are definitely quieter.
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Goldenhaley

Reviewed 10 August 2011

If you get a good rate for this hotel, it might be worth the chance. It seems like a budget hotel that's being renovated by Baymont. Rooms are tiny and narrow, and the bathrooms and heating/air conditioning are dated. We had to try 3 rooms before we got one that did not have a fatal flaw. The first had ripped up bedding, a big water stain on the wall, water splashed all around the sink, and smelled musty. The second one had a leaky air conditioner that had soaked the carpet and, again, smelled musty. The third room was a little musty and the bathroom light was finicky, but at that point we decided it was good enough. We were charged a lower rate than our originally confirmed $80 rate, and for the lower amount, it was probably worth it. At $80, no way.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 July 2011

When we arrived we were told that they had 1 king size room left. When we got to the room, we noticed it smelled like cat urine. We knew we were stuck with it for the night so we called the next morning and they were very helpful with getting us into a different room. It was clean and bug free. They have an outdoor pool and serve a continental breakfast. Easy access to DT Nashville and the Grand Ole Opry.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My husband and I came to Nashville for the CMA fest, I booked this hotel online not reading any of their reviews and boy I really should have. When we arrived at the hotel staff of the baymont were rolling out carpet in the parking lot making it almost impossible to get to the check in location. Check in was smooth and they got us right in our room was on the back side of the building but when we tried to use the key card the door was jammed and had to be shoved open...at first glance the room didn't seem to bad but once in the bathroom I noticed a lot of mold on the ceiling. Later that night around (3am) someone had starting banging on our door and window trying to get in, this must have been a normal thing because they knew to push on the door just as we had when we checked in. Thankfully my husband had the good sense before we went to bed to put the coffee table and desk chair in front of the door barricading us into the room. The next morning we were up early packing up trying to determine if we were going to continue to stay at this hotel when I walked into the bathroom and a centipede crawled across the floor. That was the last straw for us. We quickly checked out and called the Radisson (1.5 miles away) and they were able to get us in and the cost of the room was only $28.00 more per night! We booked this hotel on line for $129.00 a night, we rode in a shuttle with other guests of the baymont and were told they were paying $44-$79. I am chalking this up to life experience and will never make the same mistake again! I would not recommend this location and would highly urge anyone trying to find a location in Nashville to READ THE REVIEWS FIRST!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Romantic2205
Reviewed 11 May 2011

From other reviewers, I thought this place would be an okay hotel to stay at for just one night. Boy, was I wrong! As soon as my husband and I walked into our room, we were greeted by ants. Not just one, but many ants. They were running around every where. From the night stand to the sink counter to the tv stand. The front desk was apologetic and gave us another room. The second room was ant free but the AC was blowing out warm air. It's around 80 degrees and humid. I didn't want to go to another room so we just spent the night and checked out as soon as we could. I definitely would not stay here again and I definitely would not recommend this hotel to anyone else.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 May 2011

I was in Nashville with my husband for a wedding at the very end of April 2011. Our stay at Baymont Inn and Suites was just okay. I found I didn't want to spend much time in the room. But if you're looking for a cheap option and you are too fussy about a little bit dirt and mold, it's just fine.
Pros
- Inexpensive
- had all the normal amenities: cable, flat screen TV, continental breakfast, ironing board, pool, even a fitness center (never actually saw it though)
- I liked that there was a white, duvet-type cover and not one of those nasty, dark coverlets that you know never gets washed.
-bed was comfortable
-has FREE WiFi in the rooms. Lots of the nicer hotels make you pay quite a bit
-location: right next to the interstate, just about 10 mins from downtown and of course, near the aiport (not sure how near, as we didn't use it)

Cons
- The breakfast was not particularly good and the options were limited.
- allows pets (I find this kind of gross)
- in great need of a re-furbishing. The shower curtain rod was very loose and sagging. Since it was one of those curved ones, the shower curtain slid towards the middle and wouldn't stay closed. Fixtures such as the face plates on the light switches, and the hair dryer were visibly dirty with years worth of grime from peoples hands. Yuck!
-The biggest problem was that there was quite a bit of mold, It was in all the corners in the tub/shower and even in the paper and mat board of a print hanging on the wall. It definitely aggravated my allergies.
-Its actually one of those hotels where the rooms open to the outside instead of an inner hallway. I didn't notice that from the pics.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2011

I picked the Baymont Inn & Suites in Nashville based on price, location and existing reviews. Quite honestly, you get exactly that:
- The price was very attractive compared to all other chain hotels in the area.
- The location is good if you're looking to go anywhere in Music Valley and OK if you need to get to downtown Nashville - although you will need a car to get there
- The reviews paint an overall adequate picture of what you'll find at the hotel.
The property itself is located at the bottom of a very steep hill - be advised that any room on the backside of the hotel will face a stone wall in a distance of 50-100ft. This automatically means very little daylight, instead you'll find yourself looking at a stone wall that is sometimes more than twice the hotel's height. That said, be careful where you park your car, I do not wish to imagine what happens when there is tremendous rain pouring down the hill, taking down gravel and rocks and ...
The inside of the rooms used to be nicely equipped ranging from wireless internet to coffee maker, fridge and microwave. Unfortunately, it all seems to have been built a long time ago: the furniture is old, the wood is scratched, the bed is worn down, and the covers and carpets look very old. A nice, comfortable room looks different.
Be advised that the property has outside corridors and the old wooden doors are not completely sealed - noise and weather and ... from the outside may drop by for a visit.
In summary, if you're looking for a place to spend the night, this one has a good tradeoff between price and comfort. If you're looking to spend a couple of days in Music Valley, do yourself a favor and look somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo