“Great value for price/very helpful front desk people” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds

Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds
Ranked #104 of 154 Hotels in Nashville
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Great value for price/very helpful front desk people”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 September 2010

This hotel was chosen for it's convenient location to family members in Nashville. The front desk people were very friendly and helpful; the room was clean and the bathroom had recently been updated. Although my room faced the interstate, once the door was shut I didn't hear any noise. I found this hotel a great deal for the price; I only needed a place to sleep and didn't need all the extra amenities offered at pricier hotels. I'll definitely stay again on the next trip to Nashville.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank nfoster2001

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Long Beach, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 September 2010

Adrion was very curteous. The hotel was clean. I felt safe because he was the clerk on duty during my stay. He really sold the room because I had not stayed at Red Roof Inn before. He was very helpful and made sure that he pointed me in the right direction to all the City's attractions.

The room he upgraded me to was outstanding. Usually the more expensive hotels aren't willing to put out their best effort when you are travelling alone. Adrion made me feel like a V.I.P. Everytime I travel to Nashville I'm going to stay at Red Roof Inn. It was close to downtown and major highways. I found that if i hadn't rented a car it was relatively easy to get to the attractions via public transit.

I hope when I visit next year Adrion will be around!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
2 Thank Abenadiva
Central Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 September 2010

We stopped here on a road trip to IL. Accessing the hotel was somewhat difficult due to road construction in the area and it was somewhat noisy due to the construction and train noise. The rooms were fine however the AC only blew freezing or not at all which made for an uncomfortable nights sleep. Additionally the room had a slight funky smell (I think connected to the AC). Normally we enjoy our stays at La Quinta however this one was not up to the standard we've come to expect.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
va beach va
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2010

Loved this hotel very clean, everyone was very friendly and helpful hope to stay again very soon

Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Killen
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 August 2010

I couldn't have ask for a cleaner or quieter room. The young lady at the office desk that checked me out made it an even better stay. Her radiant smile started my day off better than expected!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
lawrence, kansas
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

I stayed at this Inn 2 nights in mid Feb.. The sheets and towels were the only clean things. The bathroom was ok. The chairs in room wre so dirty I would not put my luggage on them much less sit in them. Even the wall art was dirty. This Inn is between a highway and a major road thus not very quiet. The rate was cheap and we just wanted somewhere to lay our head.
I should have left after the first night. We went to leave after second night to find my truck broken into and the radio gone. I saw the culprit (he got away) got a decription and called police. The police told me this had happened here before and NO security cameras were in place. Staff said they were sorry for what happened to me but offered me no help or discount. I spent the rest of my day getting a window put in at the local dealer. I had over $1500 dollars damage to my truck. My cheap room now cost me my $500 deductable and a claim on my insurance. I could have stayed somewhere very nice.
I contacted Red Roof guest relations and complained. They explained that vehicles in the parking lot are at your own risk. I understand but with history sould there not be some security? The told me they would look into it and get back to me in about 4 days.I waited a week and with no contact, called back. Again they explained policy and told me they would relay my complaint to management and someone should contact me in that week. It has been 2 and NO contact. Red Roof must not care about it's customers or it's service.
All I can say is Red Roof - NEVER AGAIN ANYWHERE !!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank nashsmash
Chicago, IL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2010

The Hotel I've stayed at before in November, I like the fact that it has all nice features, the bathroom is decent size with the tub, the all inclusive king suite is nice. And the furniture is nice. I also like the fact that they have room safes, I do feel safer leaving some things in there, despite the fact that I know Hotel Management probably has a master code somewhere. The rooms are nice as well. I got a good night's sleep there. The people are nice there too, which is always a good thing when staying in.

Anyway, the real concern is, the parking lot. When I stayed in November, I remember when I was going out for the day, I saw two guys around a red car with their two front windows smashed out. I thought, "Well, maybe they had some flashy stereo system, and got targeted, poor kids..."

Well, January, the same thing happened to me. My heart sank. Same situation, my front windows were smashed out. Though, I didn't have anything worth stealing. Stereo is a factory system (That the head unit actually is a dummy plate, real sound processing done in trunk) They only stole two things, my iPod Video (which was already about to die) and my GPS Mount. I did take all the valuable stuff out, but apparently my car was still a sad target. The Hotel has a security guard, but apparently no security cameras watching the parking lot. I mean, if they are going to invest in a security guard, why not invest in some security cameras that watch the parking lots while the guard is watching TV? Keep an eye on everything. Keep crime out. The hotel management did suggest to park up front by the office, I did park closer to my room which was not there.

The fact that they worked with me however, and relocated my room so that I'd be right next to the office, and right in front of my car, helped me ease my mind for my last night there (I had to drive 7 hours back home, with no windows, that's not fun). Granted I barely slept, but I could see my car out the window.

I wouldn't say this hotel is a bad hotel, for it is nice. Unfortunately, ungrateful lazy people decide to ruin stuff for anyone, as this can happen anywhere. My suggestion is, just take EVERYTHING valuable out of your car (Money, MP3 players, GPS, clothes, tools, etc), ensure you have a good alarm, and park by the main office, even if you do have to walk a bit. Don't make the same mistake I made. I honestly didn't think anyone would break into my car, and figured with my stuff locked in a glovebox, I'd be safe. Nope. Hope whoever the criminal is gets found theirs though. Don't let your vacations be ruined folks.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Ostrichy
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nashville
5.5 km away
14.2 km away
Sleep Inn Nashville Airport
Sleep Inn Nashville Airport
#78 of 154 in Nashville

Been to Red Roof Inn Nashville Fairgrounds? Share your experiences!