“Great Stay in Nashville!”

Renaissance Nashville Hotel
Ranked #12 of 160 Hotels in Nashville
Reviewed 7 December 2011

The Nashville Renaissance by Mariott is a slightly older hotel just a very short walk off Broadway and the Ryman Auditorium. If youa re in town for a concert or to spend some time partying on Music Row, this is a perfect location.

The front desk staff was very friendly and accomodating. She was great with recommendations for food and even went the extra mile to suggest a local breakfast spot if we were "looking for something outside of the hotel." I thought this was great since they would usually push the hotel food and not want you to go out and explore the local restaurants. It didn't hurt that her suggestion - Puckett's - was amazing! We ate breakfast there one day and lunch the next it was so good! The day we were checking out, I inquired at the front desk about a PC and printer to print our boarding passes. The woman working pointed me to the kiosk, but mentioned that it worked great for everything but Delta. Figures! But no worry - she offered to print our passes right there and in a moment I was on my way. It was no problem and I didn't even have to ask. Nice folks!

Our room was spacious and clean and comfortable. We had a great view of Nashville. The bed was very comfortable and the linens were nice. The hallways and decor of the hotel are nice too with music-themed carpet and chocolate sculptures. Some of it is a little dated - but certainly not worn out or old feeling.

I had the opportunity for a quick soak in the hot tub and the whole work out room, hot tub and pool area were really nice. Strange how high up the bench n the jacizzi was, but it was nice.

We opted out of the valet parking and parked in the ramp across the street. at $8 a day it was a far better deal for us, especially since we only really needed our car once before we left for the airport.

The one thing that was an issue for us was that the walls seem a little thin. In the mornings and evenings we could hear people in the adjacent rooms talking and their TVs. They weren't being loud, and it didn't go real late, but it was noticeable. It wouldn't keep us from going back - just something worth mentioning. Also - Wifi is an outrageous $14+ a day. That is a shame.

In conclusion, this is a great property in a great location in downtown Nashville. It's pricey for sure, but the proximity and customer service can't be beat. We would definately consider coming back.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (3,002)

Reviewed 4 December 2011

I recently stayed at the Renaissance Hotel in Nashville for a work related trip. Upon entering the hotel, my immediate impression was a positive one, which made the next few nights seem like a nice getaway. After leaving the hotel, the best I can say is that it is "just another hotel". The room was typical, the TV was nice, the bed was ok, the pillow was a rock. The walls are paper thin, for I heard every conversation the woman next door had while she was on the phone. If you are looking to use the internet while you stay, you have two choices: use the two computers in the lobby for free, or pay $14 a night for wifi....I'm pretty sure that should be a crime. On the plus side, the staff was friendly, the pool and workout area was nice, the elevators are really fast, and they have a Starbucks on site if you are into that type of thing. You add all these things up, divide by a weird odor in the halls, and you get a rating of three. Not the best, but not the worst....if you need a hotel close to downtown Nashville...this one will work.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank TheSamFam2008
Reviewed 1 December 2011

Overall the stay was good. I was in town on business and chose this hotel because of it's location to where I was working. The room was clean and neat. I stayed on the 19th floor which gave a wonderful view of the Capitol. The bathroom was fine I thought the water pressure was weak but it was 19 floors up. The room was quiet. The hotel is a little dated but well kept overall. It is $$$ but everything downtown is. Parking is bad in downtown Nashville and it cost 8.00 self park after 6 pm across the street. The hotel is located just off broadway and is definitely in walking distance to all the attractions in that area as well as painters alley. It would be a long walk to Lp field.

• Stayed: November 2011
Reviewed 29 November 2011

Stayed three nights for a conference and had a good experience. The hotel and conference center are attached so easy to get to. The room was clean and spacious and the staff was helpful. There were good restaurants, shops and music all around. The "strip" is about three blocks away and the country music hall of fame a few more blocks past that.

Room Tip: high floor facing south
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Murrayj
Reviewed 28 November 2011

I suppose this was once a nice property but nothing about our stay was pleasant. The hotel has a weird musty smell. There's virtually no soundproofing between rooms. The staff was downright snarly.

I wouldn't recommend that anyone stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 November 2011

As Renaissance Hotels go, this one is kinda average. While the front-desk staff was helpful and the breakfast buffet was varied and plentiful, the rest of the hotel didn't seem to match up to other Renaissance properties at which I've stayed. It is very conveniently located next to the convention center, which is across the street from the Ryman Auditorium, where the Grand Ol' Opry was based for decades.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 8 November 2011

My boyfriend and I stayed here three nights while in town for a friend's wedding. The staff was very friendly and helpful, even giving us a couple of restaurant recommendations when we inquired. The elevators are super fast and get you to your floor (or from your floor to the lobby) very quickly, which is nice because there are a LOT of floors. There is also a Starbucks in the lobby, which was awesome!

The room was nice and clean and comfortable. The bed was great! Overall, the room was very spacious and pretty much what I expected. Definitely a good value for what we paid, and a nice view of downtown Nashville. The location was great; it was easy for us to walk to Broadway and all around that area.

I would definitely recommend this hotel to others and would stay there again if in the area.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with friends