“Great help, excellent hotel”

Quality Inn Oak Ridge
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Oak Ridge
Reviewed 6 April 2012

That was one of the best hotels I stayed in the US.
Friendly staff, good breakfast, comfortable rooms, warm atmosphere.
They also helped me retrieve an item I lost while travelling. It was sent to the hotel address, but got there after I had left. They collected it for me and held it till I could go pick it up myself.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business

Reviewed 29 March 2012

Thank you to the Jameson Inn for making our stay as easy as it could be traveling with a large group. The staff is always helpful and absolutely love working with Nancy and Cathy - they run a top notch place. We will for sure bring our group back in the future...we already have reservations in May.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

The Jameson is okay if you are shopping for the best price and don't expect too much. The desk staff were helpful and tried their best to satisfy customers. The building maintenance is lacking and the rooms are not completely clean. The walls are thin and I was awakened every night by some visiting workers who changed shift at 2:30 am. I finally changed my room and I found that the front side of the hotel, facing Rudgers, is quieter. The back side of the hotel is where the trash dumpster is unloaded at 6:30 am. The breakfast buffet has plenty of calories, but not much healthy food. There is a good restaurant only 3 minutes walk away.
After spending more than $1000 in Oak Ridge, I came home to find that the City has speed trap cameras to catch unknowing visitors, and then mail a fine to your home. The car rental companies cooperate and charge their own penalties. I will never spend another penny in the City of Oak Ridge.

Room Tip: Front of hotel
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 March 2012

The people that I dealt with, including Nancy, Cathy and Justin were great. They were very accommodating to our large group in every possible way. I would definitely come back to the Jameson without hesitation.

Reviewed 12 March 2012

I had business in Oak Ridge, and my family came along with me. Our room had been booked by the company hosting me. When Nancy (at reception) saw that I had my family with me, she said we would need more room. I assumed she was trying to up-sell me. I said that we'd be fine. She told me they were not full that night and offered us the adjoining room (with a living room in the middle) at no charge. She really took care of my family. We had a great stay. The only issues I had were with the rooms themselves (the staff was excellent!). The fixtures in one of the tubs were loose, and the doors to the hallway have a 1 inch space at the bottom, so you hear everything that happens in the hallway (including the fight the man is having on the phone across the hall in his room). I was very satisfied with the service, though.

Reviewed 7 March 2012

Stayed here 3/2012. Not a bad place. I've stayed at a Jameson before and it wasn't anything too special so I didn't have my expectations very high.

Check in took a pretty long time compared to other hotels. Most places have you checked in and off to your room within a minute or 2, this took substantially longer. Clerk was printing and shredding paperwork over and over and had trouble finding my reservation and verifying all of the info (booked w/priceline - $65 bid). The lobby was an absolute zoo. There was a group of about 20+ students staying there that was gathering for dinner and they were incredibly loud and rowdy. My room ended up being right next to theirs and I heard them all night. I went to grab a bite to eat around 9pm and when I got back they were still wandering the hallway and actually hanging out on the floor in the hall.

Room was decent, a bit small but not bad. Older model tv with limited channels. Internet was extremely slow, very difficult to get any work done. The place seemed clean, I didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. The "business center" does need updating. It consists of an older model computer and a printer. I had some documents I needed to print out from my flash drive but the way the USB ports are situated on the computer tower, it wouldn't fit without an extension cord. Bummer. The printer was surprisingly fast though. Breakfast was also a letdown. A couple cereal and pastry selections, and the same old do it yourself waffles that are nasty everywhere you go. But, it was free and better than nothing.

For a traveling family or larger group this place would probably do well. For a business traveler that needs a quiet place to do work and rest I would stay elsewhere, so I won't be coming here again.

Reviewed 6 February 2012

I've stayed here for a while, though I could have booked other motels at a much higher price. But, because of the friendliness and competence of the staff, I have been here for well over 10 weeks during the last 6 months and have been happy with the room service and breakfast food. I've stayed on the second floor and haven't noticed any problems with smoke or anything else. The hotel sits betweeen two of Oak Ridge's main arteries, giving guests instant access to anything in town. It seems clean, and the staff is informal. I sometimes will forget to lock my door when I leave, but not one item or cent has ever come up missing. I'd be happy to answer any questions at [--]. One good thing is the light that gets in, as it never has the dank and dark ambience of some other places I have stayed.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
14.6 km away
Super 8 Knoxville/West
Super 8 Knoxville/West
#25 of 87 in Knoxville

Been to Quality Inn Oak Ridge? Share your experiences!