“Best salsa ”
Review of Cinco De Mayo

Cinco De Mayo
Ranked #7 of 32 Restaurants in Old Hickory
Reviewed December 18, 2016 via mobile

My family and I stopped by for dinner on the way home to Kentucky not the usual location but we figured it would be identical to the one in Hermitage. We were not disappointed as always they have some of the best salsa ever great fajita quesadillas story by any one of these locations and give them a try you can thank me later.

Reviewed September 15, 2016 via mobile

This is our standard local Mexican restaurant, our favorite in this area of town. The chicken soup is delicious. The standard margaritas are good and affordable (half pitcher is a good value for three or more.) I love the Chile relleno. They do the baked type, not battered or fried. Filled with plenty of your choice of meat and topped with red sauce and cheese. I just wish that item came on more than one combo. Of course a la carte is an option. The "fried" jalapenos are sauteed pepper strips in a magical lime sauce. A nice accent as a spicy topper, side, or appetizer.
We have never had bad food. Any rare kitchen mistake has been quickly resolved.
Occasionally we have had some slow service or a server with a language barrier. It's a Mexican restaurant. :-)

Reviewed August 23, 2016

The entire family loves eating here - anything on the menu is fresh and delicious. We have tried almost everything on the menu and have never been disappointed. Staff is friendly and kids are always welcomed.

Reviewed August 14, 2015

We've visited this Cinco De Mayo twice recently and absolutely love it. Easy to find, good atmosphere, quick seating, and excellent food have put this place at the top of my list for Mexican.

The first time we visited on a Sunday evening we had friendly, impeccable service. This week the service was slow; our server seemed a bit unconcerned about bringing us another round of drinks and later, filling a to-go order.

The house salsa is wonderful with the chips and we also enjoyed the cheese dip. But our favorite item is the Fajita Nachos Supreme with Grilled Chicken. Absolutely perfect! Worth the 10 mile drive!

There is another Cinco De Mayo location nearby but I've heard it's not as good. I'm not risking it - I'm sticking with my new favorite place!

Reviewed June 3, 2015 via mobile

Close to home and the food is good. Large covered outside seating is available too but it is also the smoking section, so keep that in mind.
Good service, generous portions and reasonable prices. Salsa is good here but a bit on the hot side.